Skip to main content

Topic: What happend with the Mele Tweaks on polearms And maces (Read 1144 times) previous topic - next topic

What happend with the Mele Tweaks on polearms And maces
I choose Polearms because since start was announced that will be a tweak to improve polearms, two months later is not  implemented yet and they dont say nothing about it in the future @Ub3rgames i think, me and lot other users that pick maces and polearms want an explanation about this.

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: What happend with the Mele Tweaks on polearms And maces
Reply #1
I choose Polearms because since start was announced that will be a tweak to improve polearms, two months later is not  implemented yet and they dont say nothing about it in the future @Ub3rgames i think, me and lot other users that pick maces and polearms want an explanation about this.

A blind man can hit with polearm. If they get buffed again, I hope it's a very very small buff!

Reply #2

A blind man can hit with polearm. If they get buffed again, I hope it's a very very small buff!

We need double the speeeed!

Reply #3
they confirmed polearm are going to be tweaked (i asked about maces later on, but haven't got a reply on that sadly...but i assume it is still coming too) and they seem to be planning on removing the knockback on them

Reply #4
It is still planned. We're chunking the changes to deliver what is completed as it comes, so that the wait is less long.
We first focus on things that didn't exist or weren't possible to use at all. Then we'll look at the under performing schools/weapons.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
It is still planned. We're chunking the changes to deliver what is completed as it comes, so that the wait is less long.
We first focus on things that didn't exist or weren't possible to use at all. Then we'll look at the under performing schools/weapons.

Any info regarding non-magic abilities to replace completely magic for melee/archery builds? I see nothing in the roadmap about these things, i'm not raising any magic utilities since i'm waiting for the tools you mentioned back in InDev: grappling hook, bandages, focus regen, potions, etc... all the transfers, movement and healing alternatives without a staff.
  • Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:59:48 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #6
the tools you mentioned back in InDev: grappling hook
Do you have any quote? Have they really mentioned something like this? Or is this your fantasy?

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Do you have any quote? Have they really mentioned something like this? Or is this your fantasy?

Is true 100%, they promise alternatives to healings and movement for melee/archery builds, non-magic build they were called, without a staff.
  • Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:19:15 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #8

Is true 100%, they promise alternatives to healings and movement for melee/archery builds, non-magic build they were called, without a staff.
But hey never promised grappling hook. Never mentioned it, Why are you lying then that they did?

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

But hey never promised grappling hook. Never mentioned it, Why are you lying then that they did?

They did, GH is the alternative of begone for staffless non-magic users.

Is all explained here, old topic yes but they reply directly to me when i asked infos, is still the base core of the new meta:
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,106.0.html

The reason why i don't have raised any magic spell, utility or selfbuff is because i'm waiting for these tools and trash staves one time for all.
  • Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:20:21 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #10
I doubt any of that will make it in for a very long time
85% /s

Reply #11
It was mentioned, a long time ago.

Down the line, we would like to expand on that slightly, with what we call "secret techniques", but we want to keep melee and archery simple, focused on white damage and positioning. Utilities will be coming from additional gear like grenades, bandages, potions, grappling hooks or other stuff that would require crafters rather than being a permanent ability.

However, I doubt we'll ever see it in the game, at least not for a long time (if ever). As @Fnights said, it's not even on the roadmap. It might've just been an initial theoretical exploration, as I don't believe I've seen it mentioned thereafter much if at all.

Overall though, I would like to one day see more utility for archery/melee in the game without having to delve into magic. Might even make balancing "easier" by bracketing off combat vocations. Funnily and ironically enough, it appears RoA will be implementing something to this effect way before DND ever will.

Reply #12
@Fnights oh shit, I need to apologize. You are right, they did, you have not lied. My mistake. Sorry Fnights!

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I doubt any of that will make it in for a very long time

Is ok, i'm not in a hurry, but a promise is a promise, i trust Ub3r and continue to support the game, is because i ask and ETA and if they already start to test these new tools.

@Fnights oh shit, I need to apologize. You are right, they did, you have not lied. My mistake. Sorry Fnights!

Np.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
However, I doubt we'll ever see it in the game, at least not for a long time (if ever). As @Fnights said, it's not even on the roadmap. It might've just been an initial theoretical exploration, as I don't believe I've seen it mentioned thereafter much if at all.

Overall though, I would like to one day see more utility for archery/melee in the game without having to delve into magic. Might even make balancing "easier" by bracketing off combat vocations. Funnily and ironically enough, it appears RoA will be implementing something to this effect way before DND ever will.

^
@Ub3rgames can we have an update about this? Is since 2015 that you haven't give us any update, you were working hard on magic but now is time to focus on non-magic playstyles too to compensate an give us the promised tools to remove completely magic, i'm waiting for them since 2015. Thanks.
  • Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:32:29 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues