Skip to main content

Topic: Elemental Cloth Drop rates.... (Read 1850 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Elemental Cloth Drop rates....
Reply #30

the % skin rate is rather scewed aswell since i beleive it only that with cap wisdom and skinning.
on 50% skin rates i tend to get them with 70wis and 50 skinning like 15-25% of the time (Depending on the mob) even though there 50% skin rate according to the map they definetly differ from mob to mob.
I honostly dont trust the map % rates at all.

yeah, I reported this during inDev back when the golem hoarfrost was a material for the Master robes along with the shadow veil. It was a major pain in the ass before local banking and the removal of runestones. An uninterrupted 1-hour farming session rotating between 3x double seidbound spawns still brought it in painfully slow (and that's with maxed fire, and 100 skin + high wis). Pretty much where I stopped grinding tailoring mastery, and the gains per piece are even slower now.

Reply #31

the % skin rate is rather scewed aswell since i beleive it only that with cap wisdom and skinning.
on 50% skin rates i tend to get them with 70wis and 50 skinning like 15-25% of the time (Depending on the mob) even though there 50% skin rate according to the map they definetly differ from mob to mob.
I honostly dont trust the map % rates at all.

yeah, I reported this during inDev back when the golem hoarfrost was a material for the Master robes along with the shadow veil. It was a major pain in the ass before local banking and the removal of runestones. An uninterrupted 1-hour farming session rotating between 3x double seidbound spawns still brought it in painfully slow (and that's with maxed fire, and 100 skin + high wis). Pretty much where I stopped grinding tailoring mastery, and the gains per piece are even slower now.

So they knew it before launch that something was not right but still released as it was... Interesting!

Reply #32
Yeah but instead I could go with some banded pieces and chain and still get superior resists compared to an archmage robe. Only reason for going with better robes is for the increased traits which are pretty lackluster when comparing an extrav robe to an adept robe.
But that's exactly how it is supposed to be....robes are not for giving you protection but increased spell magnitude and huge mana regen.
If you want more protection as a mage, then you can use bone armors, at the cost of mana regen.
You can't have both good protections, good mana regen and good spell magnitude or it would be unbalanced.

Even going from full plate to infernal doesn't give "that" much...it goes from 12.48 to 13.7 protections and a bit more hp regen 35,9 vs 31,8).
That's a bit more tha 1 point in protection for an armor that has as its main factor the protection values...so slight less than 1 point for a robe seems fair to me
I guess you're one of the people who enjoys 0.5ing mages. Thanks for contributing nothing to solving the extremely low TTK of mages. The damage output of mages is laughable. All glass and no cannon.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #33
I guess you're one of the people who enjoys 0.5ing mages. Thanks for contributing nothing to solving the extremely low TTK of mages. The damage output of mages is laughable. All glass and no cannon.
And you guess wrong since i am mostly going mage right now. Despite that i still find it correct that a robe give less protection increases over a heavy armor, whose purpose is exactly that....giving protection.
Robes are meant to increase spell potency, castign speed and mana regen (allowing you to use, for example stoneskin to buff your protection some more when needed); each tier gives you roughly 0.5 more magical protection, 0,3 physical protection, 6 mana regen and 2.1 cast speed/spell potency...i don't think they are negligible differences.
If you want more protections you can use a bone and have more survavibility at the expense of less mana regen, less dmg and less casting speed.
A bone gives 7.68 protection, a giant bone 8.64 (+0.96 per 1 tier difference...basically just as much as plate-->full plate), dragon bone is 10.08 (+2.4 per 2 tier difference, or +1.44 compared to previous tier....again, just like going from full plate to infernal), which seems pretty decent and enough to justify going for better armor if you can afford it.

So, no, i see no problem in robes increasing less protection per tier since that's not what they are focused on.
There is a more protective armor for mages, and that's the bone....if you want more survavibility go with that, but you'll give up on something else, just like going heavy armor gives you hp regen and better protection but you give up in dmg/speed/stamina regen
  • Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:35:31 pm by dariobrun

Reply #34
I have no problem with Bone Armor. But I do with Robes.
Robes get ~1% magnitude and cast speed, so only real benefit over Bone is Mana Regen.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #35
I have no problem with Bone Armor. But I do with Robes.
Robes get ~1% magnitude and cast speed, so only real benefit over Bone is Mana Regen.
For my playstile i prefer bones too but the increased mana regen might allow robed mages to keep up stoneskin to get more protection and get roughly in line with bone's.
Stoneskin has a huge impact on mana regen and is basically impossible to keep it up if you also use mana to attack....i don't know if it becomes affordable or not with higher tier bones (it is surely hard to keep up with mana using fine/extravagant robes, but the increased mana regen from better robes might do the difference)....surely it is not with bone or anything without mana regen (you go OOM in less than 1 minute if you don't constantly health to mana).

Probably that's how they envised robes: a bit more dmg than bones, generally lower protections but with the ability to situationally increase them via stoneskin to improve survivability to nearly reach bone levels
  • Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:06:58 pm by dariobrun

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
Why would anyone use stoneskin in robe ? To get mana regen in line with bone? Im almost sure its even gonna be worse. And your magic prots still gonna be lower.

The only 2 reasons to use robes is price or possibility to maintain mana with spell haste.

Reply #37
@dariobrun stop posting clueless drivel.

Meele can block, theres no reason for rediculous protections that give more damage reduction, than robes give bonus damage. Makes no sense.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #38
I wonder when people will learn to read and comprehend text on these forums...
"situationally increase them via stoneskin"....you know what SITUOATIONALLY means?
That if you need more protection and you are in robe, you can turn on stoneskin.
If you want more protection always, then get a damn bone.

Maybe it makes no sense for you but being in a robe means you have better dmg and mana regen...if you want, when you want, you can turn on stoneskin and get protections and regens similar to a bone, and then turn it off when you don't need it anymore. If you go robe, on the contrary, you can't turn on and off a dmg increase.
Sure, base protection/mana regen of a bone will be better than those you get with a robe+stoneskin...but robe+stoneskin can be considered more versatile as a counterbalance.

If they increased robe protection then why soemeone would want to use a bone? Oh, wait, let me guess...they should increase bone protections too i suppose....sure....why don't we give them plate-like protection.

So, we have robes that give low protection and better dmg/mana regen, bones that give better protection and less dmg/mana regen but i am the clueless when i say that that's the exact reason why the lower protection on robes is fine as it is?

Meele can block"
And??
Anyone can block...why this incredible enlightmen of yours should matter?
  • Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:31:40 pm by dariobrun

Reply #39
The only 2 reasons to use robes is price or possibility to maintain mana with spell haste.
Which means that they have their niche gameplay just as like other armors.
If you make them better overall than bones, then bones would become useless

Reply #40
you know what SITUOATIONALLY means?

absolutely no idea, what does it mean.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #41

what you keep failing to realise, is that the damage bonus from robes, is less than damage reduction from metal armours, and when you got up tiers it gets eveb bigger of a gap.

but hey keep being clueless and arguing about stone skin.

Reply #42
I don't see anyone asking for Robes to be hella buffed. But maybe a tiny buff would be in order? Preferably for the Robe piece, not the hood piece.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #43
what you keep failing to realise, is that the damage bonus from robes, is less than damage reduction from metal armours, and when you got up tiers it gets eveb bigger of a gap.
but hey keep being clueless and arguing about stone skin.
Too bad that the dmg bonus is a multiplier of your staff damage which means that with higher level staff you'll get more dmg out of it; moreover you not only get more dmg in the single cast, you also get more casting speed and more mana regen.
You are trying to compare 2 different things and i am the clueless one: it is just like saying that the hp regen bonus on metal armor scale worst than weapon dmg so it should be increased to match the increased dmg from higher tier weapons.
What you are saying is "if i do 20 dmg on a scale player, when he switches to a plate, if i use a better robe i should still do 20 dmg" --> which doesn't make sense.... with a better robe you do more dmg, cast faster and have more regen, and also have better protections...it doesn't mean that you should do the same dmg to a plate weared than you were doing on a scale wearer just because you changed your armor
  • Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:27:46 pm by dariobrun

Reply #44
I don't see anyone asking for Robes to be hella buffed. But maybe a tiny buff would be in order? Preferably for the Robe piece, not the hood piece.
I am not saying they should not be buffed...i am just saying that i find it normal that they give lower increases in protections compared to armors that are specifically designed to give better protection as their main tract.
Robes increase around 0.5 per tier, bones around 0.8, metal/leather around 1.2.
Could those values for robe/bones be increased a bit? sure...but i don't think they should be close/equal to those of leather/metal armors