Reply #15
So... dad dik ded?
Proud member of TD.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: DAD DIKS BANK SCAM?
Reply #16
Lemme get this straight.

You spent a month grinding, and farming a fat bank. And then you got bored and you quit without making real use of any of it. Drop a siege? Cause some political drama? Raid some holdings? Dump on some 240 villages? Siege all the things? Nah. Farm -> Brag -> Whine -> Quit.

Time well spent boys. Same problem as 90% of the DF playerbase, too busy in their arms race to actually spend time enjoying the game, stuck in their old ways. Well played, stellar time management.
Whine

TLDR: Happy spending a month farming and grinding but unhappy spending any time travelling for PvP

You fucked yourselves. PvP is too scarce for the exact reason there are too many players like you, who would rather farm endlessly to get 'LIT BANKS' and wank off over it than actually make use of it.

You play a PvP game likely because you claim to like the Risk/Reward, but you minimise the risk to almost nothing because you spend so much time making sure that a loss has the absolute lowest chance of happening, and if it does, it has little to no effect on your wealth.

Enjoy.

Reply #17
Lemme get this straight.

You spent a month grinding, and farming a fat bank. And then you got bored and you quit without making real use of any of it. Drop a siege? Cause some political drama? Raid some holdings? Dump on some 240 villages? Siege all the things? Nah. Farm -> Brag -> Whine -> Quit.

Time well spent boys. Same problem as 90% of the DF playerbase, too busy in their arms race to actually spend time enjoying the game, stuck in their old ways. Well played, stellar time management.
Whine

TLDR: Happy spending a month farming and grinding but unhappy spending any time travelling for PvP

You fucked yourselves. PvP is too scarce for the exact reason there are too many players like you, who would rather farm endlessly to get 'LIT BANKS' and wank off over it than actually make use of it.

You play a PvP game likely because you claim to like the Risk/Reward, but you minimise the risk to almost nothing because you spend so much time making sure that a loss has the absolute lowest chance of happening, and if it does, it has little to no effect on your wealth.

Enjoy.

So i'm suppose to intentionally suck ass at the game in order to enjoy it? Are you braindead? Some fantastic logic here.

Any clan that takes the political game seriously will stock up in the best way possible to prepare for warfare. After seeing how basic and easy it was, and how much of a waste of time sieges were, why would any big clan continue to play the game?

You do realize that this game won't survive on troll farming solo farmers, and 1 character crafters hitting rocks right?

I ask you again: Where are the big clans, the big players, the factor clans that make the world go round, and keep the game flowing? Why do you think people don't expect this game to last?

So... dad dik ded?

Still a few actives, but less than half of what it had, can't you tell by the fact that no one has shown at duke's/OCB even though it was 240% for like 2 weeks? lol.
  • Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:02:31 pm by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Lemme get this straight.

Whine

Enjoy.

So i'm suppose to intentionally suck ass at the game in order to enjoy it? Are you braindead? Some fantastic logic here.

I couldn't be arsed reading any drivel beyond this. The fact you even mention logic is hilarious.

I'm not even sure what it means, unless you think winning darkfall = getting a maxed character and having such a large bank that you no longer have the will to login because there's no risk in anything you do, then sure. Which is an example of why I'm right, and you fucked up.

Your 'logic' is basically = I'm great at darkfall because instead of spending my time chasing fun, I spend it chasing my ego and getting rich, and then complain that I'm bored because everyone else did the same thing and they're bored too.

Hush sweet child, go and fire a few thousand bolts at golems for another hour of your life, clearly your first month was so well spent why would you stop now! It's understandable that when you don't have a job you don't attach any value to your time, but everyone knew Darkfall had a limited shelflife, it's just a shame you spent its entire shelflife PvEing even though it's not fun.
  • Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:34:35 pm by MNO

Reply #19
Lemme get this straight.

Whine

Enjoy.

Any clan that takes the political game seriously will stock up in the best way possible to prepare for warfare. After seeing how basic and easy it was, and how much of a waste of time sieges were, why would any big clan continue to play the game?

You do realize that this game won't survive on troll farming solo farmers, and 1 character crafters hitting rocks right?

I ask you again: Where are the big clans, the big players, the factor clans that make the world go round, and keep the game flowing? Why do you think people don't expect this game to last?

So... dad dik ded?

Still a few actives, but less than half of what it had, can't you tell by the fact that no one has shown at duke's/OCB even though it was 240% for like 2 weeks? lol.

he we made sure we reclaimed that shit. its at a terrible time now tho.
Mr. Wam Wam

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Setting aside the dick measuring contest going on.

Its very true that vets who went hard on the progress and bank building have reached a point where it feels meaingless to continue down the same road.
They look at the paths before them, and realise that sieging (win or lose) accomplishes nothing because they've build up just fine without the sieged holding. And while a defensive siege might be more urgent, why would you invite this by paying for the wardec.
But perhaps more important, if all you are getting out of sieges are fun fights...seems like a lot of effort.

At villages its a weird situation (esp with the time shifts).
Option 1, nobody shows and you cap in 5 min.
Option 2, too few people show and you cap in 5-15 min without getting a fun fight.
Option 3, too many people show and you die.
Option 4, holy shit...there's actually a fun fight that got the adrenaline going.

No matter what option it lands on though, you had to get there which likely took 2-3x the cap time.
And no matter what, you need to spend at least that time to get back home.

So if you spend 3-40 minutes to go for a village where 8/10 times its not enjoyable...
You start to question if there isnt something else to do.

And the answer is...nope...
Which is why there were people asking for content additions instead of combat reworks a couple months into indev.
You cant expect the current content to keep vets entertained, when we've literally gone through all of it that we are just racing to the finishline by now.

And while new(er) players are still progressing and building wealth, they too will eventually reach that finish line.
You may hope uber has released new content by then, but regardless the vet population dropping also means less action for them.

Reply #21
There's people that are prepared to hang around and wait for Uber to provide more than the shell this game is just now.
There's people that expect a finished game on release.
The two groups don't agree on stuff.

Even I am concerned by the lack of posts by Uber since the last patch.
Either they are furiously working on the game and will tell us whats going on soon or they have spat the dummy.
If we see nothing significant from them in the next few days it will be disappointing.
  • Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:08:19 pm by Alberton
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Reply #22
Lemme get this straight.

lets recap

farm > dumpster everyone on yssam, > dumpster everyone in orclands > dumpster everyone in midmap > dumpster everyone in humanlands (in our timezone) > dumpster everyone on cairn until we sat there, anywhere we went, uncontested with infinite amounts of gear. We got bored, decided to throw some money at a siege, but by then most of our alliance had quit because the game has added nothing new, and given us LESS reasons for holdings, villages, housing, and endgame content. And yes, i'm deathly serious. The ONLY fights we lost, we were outnumbered 3-4:1, and one time against Ook Ook.

I know youre SKD, i tried to get people to move to rubyiat too, but the rest of the dune rats and the dad diks didn't think it was worth the trip. I went down there by myself, killed about 10 of you in a couple of hours, camped your harvesters all day, was never even remotely contested. You guys either ran, or chased after me with 10+ people. Every village i went to was uncontested and just being capped by avaris or gentlemen with less than 12 people. You even built a guard tower to avoid PvP.

Do you have any idea the effort it would take to get a good fight? Quite seriously, the only two groups that had any remote chance of contesting us before all of us quit were Ook Ook and Epoch. Epoch was very rare due to timezone differences, and it was almost impossible to have a nice fight one way or the other because of it. Ook Ook lived on the other side of the map, and its simply not worth the effort to travel for an hour each way for a fight that 3/4 times won't be worth the trip (we lose/we have too few people/they have too few people etc). They even came down once to fight us on Cairn, won the fight, and regretted the trip because it simply wasnt worth it. They spent over an hour walking for a fight that lasted less than five minutes LOL.

By the way, figured id mention this seeing as how you and 90% of the game was too braindead to put two and two together.

We weren't just farming for mats, what we farmed was also best for skillgain, hence us having infinite materials and maxed characters across the board in less than a month's time. Why would we waste our time grinding on anything else, farming for resources we dont need or skilling up in ways that give less skillgain? Aren't these "T1" mobs supposed to be hotspots, or is the majority of the games populace just braindead idiots that thinks trolls are the way to go.
  • Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:20:02 pm by water_wizard
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #23
Hehe not like we guys were pampered by AV with weekly content patches and now have to live with uber with monthly patches come on guys :D

Reply #24
They came, they did nothing, they left.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #25
They came, they did nothing, they left.

Pot calling the kettle black.
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #26

I couldn't be arsed reading any drivel beyond this. The fact you even mention logic is hilarious.

I'm not even sure what it means, unless you think winning darkfall = getting a maxed character and having such a large bank that you no longer have the will to login because there's no risk in anything you do, then sure. Which is an example of why I'm right, and you fucked up.

Your 'logic' is basically = I'm great at darkfall because instead of spending my time chasing fun, I spend it chasing my ego and getting rich, and then complain that I'm bored because everyone else did the same thing and they're bored too.

Hush sweet child, go and fire a few thousand bolts at golems for another hour of your life, clearly your first month was so well spent why would you stop now! It's understandable that when you don't have a job you don't attach any value to your time, but everyone knew Darkfall had a limited shelflife, it's just a shame you spent its entire shelflife PvEing even though it's not fun.

Yep, you're stupid.

Inb4 DND failed because of the players... oh wait, theres already a thread talking about that. LOOOOOOOOOL.

Nothing wrong with the game at all, just the way the players keep on playing it, yep yep.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #27
Seems like you guys are just too good at DF and there isn't any challange for you anymore. Can't really blame the game for that tbh, maybe you shouldn't have nolifed 4 iterations of the same game.

Reply #28
Seems like you guys are just too good at DF and there isn't any challange for you anymore. Can't really blame the game for that tbh, maybe you shouldn't have nolifed 4 iterations of the same game.

has little to do with us being good at the game, and more with nothing being added to the game in 10 years, and actually less content being available in this 10 year time frame.
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #29
Uber should not have launched the game in such a shitty state, period.  I personally waited to play the game UNTIL launch because I knew inDev would be a pointless grind and there would be no new content.  I was equally as disappointed when they said they were going to launch, so I played and it was still a pointless grind and still no new content.  Many people like me waited for the launch to hop on board(Yes I supported inDev with $$$, but I didn't play inDev).  Now, many people are going to quit because Uber has shown the same amount of incompetence as AV.  It's truly heartbreaking.