Skip to main content

Poll

Should we moderate the forums?

• Yes
  • No

Topic: Poll: Should we moderate the forums? (Read 8119 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Poll: Should we moderate the forums?
Reply #15
As long as you're willing to also ban your fanatics that spam go back to roa every time a constructive but critical thread is posted.

Reply #16
Voted no.  However, I think the majority of forum should only allow people with paid accounts to comment and posts specifically started by Ub3rgames asking for feedback could have a degree of moderation to remove off topic stuff and pure nonsense.

Reply #17
I perfectly understand your reluctance to moderate. It is always tricky to do it in a constructive way.

However, considering that some participants in this forum are obviously not meaning any good for the game and ported the griefing they had promised ingame (a promise they could not fullfill) to the forum, i think a very limited moderation would be usefull.

Keep the spirit you had untill now doing it and it should be ok.

Reply #18
Freedom of speech.

Add subscription forums.

Reply #19
Subscription forum means no access to forum for curious and people trying to make up their mind. They will go to the reddit. You don't want that. If only a part of the forum is subscritpion free it's even worse, they will have access to the trash talk only.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
As long as you're willing to also ban your fanatics that spam go back to roa every time a constructive but critical thread is posted.

If you're talking about the threads you made... they're far from 'constructive'. You may as well just post memes at this point.

Reply #21

If you're talking about the threads you made... they're far from 'constructive'. You may as well just post memes at this point.

@ruckus98 has made plenty of constructive threads/posts, go check his post history.

Fact is every post criticising the game is met with Fanboys defending every aspect no matter what, even the dumbest of ideas. So at this point it just forces people into troll posts.

Reply #22
@Ub3rgames

a kind of moderation would be fine when its not touch too much the freeness. The Darkfall Forum was always a place of shit-and trash talk the problem of the last weeks was that it has become forced more and more negative trend without any proof, forced by always the same people. I could count here arround ~ 10 names... easy to find them for you.

moderation yes - but way more important is, only accounts who have an ACTIVE Subscription running should be allowed to post here, and thats for a reason.
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #23
Just moderate SPAM and merge trolling thread into one for a start.

Reply #24
When someone like ME is telling you to moderate the forums (strictly when it comes to repeated toxic negative SPAM/ obvious trolling designed specifically to hurt the games population) you should probably listen

Its a matter of getting THE RIGHT moderator though

Ideally someone who knows the community and how to deal with certain people and knows that less= more when it comes to intervening

Nobody wants legitimate constructive criticism, cussing, or even insults/ traditional forumfall pvp banned we just want someone to combat the astroturfing and troll/ multi accounting spam

The difference is blatantly obvious to any oldschool Darkfall player and its mostly the same few suspects every time

I don't think a Developer should waste his time doing it though. Most game companies use volunteers from the community or interns for it

Reply #25
Yes, moderation is needed.

Darkfall is a commercial product and it needs is buyers, not only for the company itsself, but also for us players, cause the more people play, the more fun the game means to everyone.

Sieges, trading, daily pvp, seatowers, more content and regualry patches only work with a living and GROWING community.

I already feel lots of vets coming back, asking questions if the game is fun and so on .... but that is only a bit compared what the game SHOULD attract.

Old vets know, how the forums work and they do not need a helping hand whom to listen to and whom not.

But a new player, who wants to get an impression of the game and who reads:

game is dead
i cant exploit like i want so the game is shit and i suck as a clanleader generally
i want to abuse noobs like hell so THE GAME NEEDS INVITATION POSSIBILITIES FOR CLANLEADERS
i just want to leftclick melee fight and if i need to pull out a staff my brain explodes

and so on.
I do not need to pull out any name here, all the vets know which people i am calling out ... but a new player dosnt know and might take the usual trolling and complaingning serious.

He might not even try the game out, cause the forums are toxic.

I was always a in charge for only allowing posts in clan Diplomatics with full ingame name and clan tag, for example.

Reply #26
Freedom of speech.

Add subscription forums.

Freedom of Speech specifically the 1st amendment has legal limitations (and for good reason) you should probably google them

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
When someone like ME is telling you to moderate the forums (strictly when it comes to repeated toxic negative SPAM/ obvious trolling designed specifically to hurt the games population) you should probably listen

Nazi's and Facists love censorship this is not surprising.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Whip out that banhammer boys!

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #29
Clearly pro moderation, it is pretty pathetic that an official game forums allows this level of constant trolling and pissing off people. Every single forums or community would have banned those people already (including RoA which banned tons of people who were obviously trolls from here)