Skip to main content

Topic: Many of these suggestions failed hard  (Read 1212 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Many of these suggestions failed hard
Reply #30
Things that can reward a player that can only log on 1h or less at a time, making them keep a feeling of progression.

In fairness you have power hour, which doubles the effectiveness of anyone who does anything for an hour, slightly less than once a day.

Reply #31
Stop crying about travel then. They already said fast travel on roads would be coming now stop making 100 threads whining about your need to be travelling everywhere. We dont even have bluetails yet.

I have in  total maybe 15 hours playtime since launch, my char is way behind, but I feel the progression is fast enough.

Stop bringing terrible ideas that sunk one game already and propaganda them here in a million threads.
I hope devs have a hard filter for this constant crying.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #32
All the players complaining about travel times are veteran players that want to travel to PvP hotzones so they can pwn the new players, or veteran players that want to travel to every city to sell their goods so that new players have no chance to compete.
Just stop it.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
speed buffs on road with fully healed mount. No damage. Sounds fine. Taking damage will drop that buff, perhaps even placing a slight debuff on speed before it gets b ack to normal.

I'm fine with the inequality of gamers when it comes to time spent. It means someone is there to craft and sell you the shit you need without waiting forever.
  • Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:55:58 pm by PANZERBUNNY

Reply #34
Faster roads would be nice increase speed x2 or portal system

However putting in a recall would suck.

having people actually run places makes the would feel alive tho i can agree when moving across map a portal system would be nice cause running for 2 hours would suck allot.

Reply #35
holding portal system would actually give holdings so much value if they were hte only way to travel.
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #36
Yet some of you want to change DND to be like RoA.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Keep DnD like DnD. We don't need these recycled arena trash that failed in 3 other DF game.  Stop wasting your time and go  enjoy RoA before it shuts down soon.

I think you're mistaking people wanting RoA for people that want a game that doesn't feel like if you don't dedicate 6+ hours to it daily you won't get anywhere. The game isn't casual friendly at all.  Those of us with careers and / or families are just slowly realizing that the game is life draining for a variety of reasons and the only option we see available to us is to just quit. 

Not every holding in the game is near spawns that certain playstyles benefit from.  Travel is required.  You can say "Well live closer to where you need to be"... but then we would miss out on clan activities like village capture runs near the clan holding(s) and etc.

There needs to be a middle ground here.  Right now DND took the hardcore mentality a bit too far and the end result is a game that will not appeal to a lot of people with limited time to play video games.  The retention rate for Darkfall was bad enough before DND... and with all the changes they've made (Despite all the positive) I think they've actually managed to make things worse in that regard.

Don't generalize casuals not being able to enjoy the game. I can play maybe an hour or two a night during the week and haven't been able to play the weekends due to a new main squeeze who isn't ready to know about darkfall lol. I've been having a lot of fun with my sessions.

One thing you did note that I agree with is that not all areas have profitable spawns near them. More mid level spawns need to be more profitable for solo and small groups of 2-3

A player should be able to go to a spawn, farm solo or with a small group, and wind up positive in regs/arrows.

Reply #37
Faster roads are considered, but we are very cautious about it. We would prefer more convenient roads over faster ones.
The world isn't that large, and a big part of what makes local banking work is the barrier of entry it creates.
Virtually shrinking the world through faster speed risks becoming detrimental to the economy.

We are already worried that the world is too small for a meaningful profit margin to exist.
It is capital we do not jeopardize the economy as it is a core source of QoL and convenience.

Though we agree that we need more activities that can be done in shorter play sessions.
Things that can reward a player that can only log on 1h or less at a time, making them keep a feeling of progression.
We also need to continue adding features to the market places, main of which would be buy orders to act as "quests" for crafters.

Right now our focus is on finishing up the remaining glitches of the alignment system and then build up racial wars more.

Huh? The world is absolutely huge. Especially the islands.

I think faster road speed is the smartest choice because not only does it help with movement, it helps with PVP too. Because now you can actually want to travel on the roads and encounter people.

Reply #38
Faster roads are considered, but we are very cautious about it. We would prefer more convenient roads over faster ones.
The world isn't that large, and a big part of what makes local banking work is the barrier of entry it creates.
Virtually shrinking the world through faster speed risks becoming detrimental to the economy.

We are already worried that the world is too small for a meaningful profit margin to exist.
It is capital we do not jeopardize the economy as it is a core source of QoL and convenience.

Though we agree that we need more activities that can be done in shorter play sessions.
We also need to continue adding features to the market places, main of which would be buy orders to act as "quests" for crafters.

Right now our focus is on finishing up the remaining glitches of the alignment system and then build up racial wars more.

LOL.

Hasn't aged too well has it.

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #39
Yet some of you want to change DND to be like RoA.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Keep DnD like DnD. We don't need these recycled arena trash that failed in 3 other DF game.  Stop wasting your time and go  enjoy RoA before it shuts down soon.

LOLOLOL. All New Dawn has done is make the same errors in different ways.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #40
I have a wife, kid, and a career. I play in the evenings and on weekends.

You do not need to no life the game to have fun.

Not everyone is so brain dead they are entertained by killing goblins in Darkfall New Dawn.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #41
lol
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #42
The necromancy is surging.

Reply #43
I think this game needs to go to edge of being dead before Ub3r will see that they pushed their vision too hard.

To create a working economy you need people who want to buy and people who want to sell.
Local banking, slow travel speed do not contribute or help create a working economy. Those 2 things will only create demand if a crafter is 2 lazy to travel and farm the mats. With mob scaling you can get enough rare mats so there is absolutely no need to buy them as a crafter. For a non crafter getting the mats is equally simple a clan crafter crafts it for mats only so again no need to buy them.
If they would make rare mats more rare then it will create more demand,  but Ub3r created mob scaling.

It isnt only mob scaling which kills the economy, altfalll , dedicated.crafters etc etc all create a huge influx of mats or a lack of mats sink which makes a workimg economy impossible.
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran