Skip to main content

Topic: Many of these suggestions failed hard  (Read 1054 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Many of these suggestions failed hard
Reply #15
So it's perfectly acceptable that the new player vs vet player stat + damage output is yet again going to be huge?

Quite the opposite.

DND front loaded most spells and  armor traits. The jump is a lot less. Transfers starts at 100.

Current design actually helps newbie to live in isolation and grow . It prevents vets from dominating every aspect of Agon and grief ppl out.

Time gate is not strange concept in gaming.  We seen it work fine in EvE for example.  EvE was able grow over the years.  New char starting weak is an accepted principle in non arena game.  You can throw out balance/fair out of the window for a game where ping and number on each sides plays a significant role in the outcome.

I have to agree that  most of  the players complaining here never experienced anything different or better. They are struggling with years conditioning from the terrible old game.

My opinion is if people don't see this after 3 failed version then they are a lost cause and not worth pursuing. It is hard for vets to accept that they are non factor.

Reply #16
So it's perfectly acceptable that the new player vs vet player stat + damage output is yet again going to be huge?
I have to agree that  most of  the players complaining here never experienced anything different or better. They are struggling with years conditioning from the terrible old game.

My opinion is if people don't see this after 3 failed version then they are a lost cause and not worth pursuing. It is hard for vets to accept that they are non factor.

We see it, but you're either ignoring what were saying or plain stupid.

People are quitting because this game is a travel simulator.

This does not automatically mean we want it like ROA.

Again, instant travel was removed but nothing was put in to help fast travel.

Reply #17

Quite the opposite.

DND front loaded most spells and  armor traits. The jump is a lot less. Transfers starts at 100.

Current design actually helps newbie to live in isolation and grow . It prevents vets from dominating every aspect of Agon and grief ppl out.

Time gate is not strange concept in gaming.  We seen it work fine in EvE for example.  EvE was able grow over the years.  New char starting weak is an accepted principle in non arena game.  You can throw out balance/fair out of the window for a game where ping and number on each sides plays a significant role in the outcome.

Each ship type in EVE serves a purpose so that even low skilled players can fill a role within a fleet.  More skills in EVE just equals more options to choose from and performing better in said role if you choose to focus on a certain playstyle. EVE also has lawful territory that is actually policed fairly well by AI ships and what not so anyone wanting to stay "safe" has a fairly good chunk of territory to stay in while they gain the skills they need to compete with more seasoned players.  Sure you'll get the odd suicide run by some pirate... but those are rare and they mostly get nothing out of doing so.  Long story short EVE is infinitely more complex in every regard and in comparing Darkfall to EVE you compare apples to oranges. 

We all know things have been front loaded, sadly it won't be enough.  In as little as a month when the already fairly small community begins to shrink even further the vet players that started on launch day will feed off the new guys.  The difference between a fresh character and one that has had a few weeks to level up skills is still too big for what is a full loot PvP game. 

Reply #18

If Agon was 10x it's current size I will agree with you. If you are at the center you can reach most places within a hour.

Reply #19

If Agon was 10x it's current size I will agree with you. If you are at the center you can reach most places within a hour.

You do know there are only 24 hours in a day right?

Reply #20

Sure, everyone has their own opinion. I just go by facts.

Reply #21

You do know there are only 24 hours in a day right?

Apprently running from 1 end of the map to the other is quality content that keeps the bills payed around here.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #22
You're getting confused.

All were asking for is a naked recall or speed buff roads, something like that. Were not asking for instant travel.

Alot of people dont like the travel simulator that Darkfall New Dawn is.

How the fuck is a naked recall NOT instant travel?

Logistics are actually a thing now

Reply #23
The problem with naked recall is that we have global gold wallets. So you can travel the other side of the map, sell your items for gold, then put it in your wallet and naked recall back. Not saying that i'm necessarily opposed to naked recall in some limited form entirely, but atm it conflicts with global gold.

Reply #24
Casual just means u dont play many hours a  day thats completly different then darkfalls progessions. Yes it takes long yes you need 2 travel yes you will be way behind no lifers who play 16hrs a day 7 days a week and master pvp. People wanting to curve that by making things faster is the wrong approach. I myself am casual and balance life withcmy gaming. I for one enjoy every moment that i log on even if i dont advance much yea ill get owned by people with higher skills and weapons well guess what tough shit thats life.

Now what i can agree with is quality of life improvements
Or implementing tasks for casual that can be done in a few hours sucj as adding more repeatable quests for pve, crafting, harvesting. Thats just one idea.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Out of the players that were polled only 14% wanted any sort of teleportation(naked or otherwise).

This fact speaks for itself.

Around 2/3 of those polled want faster roads. Faster roads is a perfect solution.

I know we are going to get a stamina buff on the roads but are you considering the faster roads at all @Ub3rgames ?

Faster roads would be better than faster mounts since it would create chokepoints and facilitate banditry.
  • Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:28:26 am by SoethThoth

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #26
You're getting confused.

All were asking for is a naked recall or speed buff roads, something like that. Were not asking for instant travel.

Alot of people dont like the travel simulator that Darkfall New Dawn is.

How the fuck is a naked recall NOT instant travel?

Logistics are actually a thing now

A naked recall is the one exception i will make, as it has no negative effects to the ''vision'' of the game and cuts the boring travel time in half.

Reply #27
People need to ask themselves "Why am I traveling?" every time they set out on a journey.

I think demands for fast travel stern from a desire to do everything yourself and not from a place of actual necessity.

It's very clear that ND will give great benefits to those who cooperate with others.

Reply #28
Faster roads are considered, but we are very cautious about it. We would prefer more convenient roads over faster ones.
The world isn't that large, and a big part of what makes local banking work is the barrier of entry it creates.
Virtually shrinking the world through faster speed risks becoming detrimental to the economy.

We are already worried that the world is too small for a meaningful profit margin to exist.
It is capital we do not jeopardize the economy as it is a core source of QoL and convenience.

Though we agree that we need more activities that can be done in shorter play sessions.
Things that can reward a player that can only log on 1h or less at a time, making them keep a feeling of progression.
We also need to continue adding features to the market places, main of which would be buy orders to act as "quests" for crafters.

Right now our focus is on finishing up the remaining glitches of the alignment system and then build up racial wars more.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #29
I am not at all confused. You are trying to have same type of expectation as RoA. You want to craft but not compromise on PvP. You want to be in 10 different cities in one game session. You want to by pass economy and get loot from mobs.  You want to wear R60 gear on day 2. The list goes on.

It's not grind but your unrealistic expectations of being a super persona in a video game. Stop trying to consume what was design to take months and years in a week. You will not feel the grind.

You mean it would take em a week to get to 75% veteran power? Barely over week ago, there was none of anything remember?

If id have mined and not mixed it with other things, id have mining mastery, if i had done combat consistently, i would have weapon mastery. Make choices and you will be competitive. I admit i have a lot of play time right now, but it has only been a week aswell.