Skip to main content

Topic: Many of these suggestions failed hard  (Read 1508 times) previous topic - next topic

Many of these suggestions failed hard
Yet some of you want to change DND to be like RoA.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Keep DnD like DnD. We don't need these recycled arena trash that failed in 3 other DF game.  Stop wasting your time and go  enjoy RoA before it shuts down soon.

Re: Many of these suggestions failed hard
Reply #1

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Keep DnD like DnD. We don't need these recycled arena trash that failed in 3 other DF game.  Stop wasting your time and go  enjoy RoA before it shuts down soon.

I think you're mistaking people wanting RoA for people that want a game that doesn't feel like if you don't dedicate 6+ hours to it daily you won't get anywhere. The game isn't casual friendly at all.  Those of us with careers and / or families are just slowly realizing that the game is life draining for a variety of reasons and the only option we see available to us is to just quit. 

Not every holding in the game is near spawns that certain playstyles benefit from.  Travel is required.  You can say "Well live closer to where you need to be"... but then we would miss out on clan activities like village capture runs near the clan holding(s) and etc.

There needs to be a middle ground here.  Right now DND took the hardcore mentality a bit too far and the end result is a game that will not appeal to a lot of people with limited time to play video games.  The retention rate for Darkfall was bad enough before DND... and with all the changes they've made (Despite all the positive) I think they've actually managed to make things worse in that regard.

Reply #2
You're getting confused.

All were asking for is a naked recall or speed buff roads, something like that. Were not asking for instant travel.

Alot of people dont like the travel simulator that Darkfall New Dawn is.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I have a wife, kid, and a career. I play in the evenings and on weekends.

You do not need to no life the game to have fun.

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #4
DND is bustling right now, its population is huge, thats because we have an mmo and not a pvp arena.

We have character progression which many people love, not instant viability like roa.

Reply #5
DND is bustling right now, its population is huge, thats because we have an mmo and not a pvp arena.

We have character progression which many people love, not instant viability like roa.

Im not defending ROA, but you're 1 week in. lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
You're getting confused.

All were asking for is a naked recall or speed buff roads, something like that. Were not asking for instant travel.

Speed buffs on the roads would be nice. But I will be happy with auto pathing and a stamina buff.

Reply #7
You're getting confused.

Speed buffs on the roads would be nice. But I will be happy with auto pathing and a stamina buff.

It would be a step in the right direction, auto pathing would still be the same amount of time traveling though. that's the problem.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
You're getting confused.

It would be a step in the right direction, auto pathing would still be the same amount of time traveling though. that's the problem.

I think with a speed buff and stamina buff the roads would become a great place to ambush people, would definitely pull more people to the roads than just the stamina buff.

Reply #9
You're getting confused.

I think with a speed buff and stamina buff the roads would become a great place to ambush people, would definitely pull more people to the roads than just the stamina buff.

It would, although it all depends on the time taken.

Lets say in the original darkfall you travelled 30 minutes....

In this darkfall its 30 minutes to your destination and 30 minutes back. so 1 Hour.

That 1 hour needs to be cut down somehow.

Reply #10
I am not at all confused. You are trying to have same type of expectation as RoA. You want to craft but not compromise on PvP. You want to be in 10 different cities in one game session. You want to by pass economy and get loot from mobs.  You want to wear R60 gear on day 2. The list goes on.

It's not grind but your unrealistic expectations of being a super persona in a video game. Stop trying to consume what was design to take months and years in a week. You will not feel the grind.

Reply #11
I am not at all confused. You are trying to have same type of expectation as RoA. You want to craft but not compromise on PvP. You want to be in 10 different cities in one game session. You want to by pass economy and get loot from mobs.  You want to wear R60 gear on day 2. The list goes on.

It's not grind but your unrealistic expectations of being a super persona in a video game. Stop trying to consume what was design to take months and years in a week. You will not feel the grind.

Yup, you're definitely confused.

Reply #12

So it's perfectly acceptable that the new player vs vet player stat + damage output is yet again going to be huge?

Reply #13

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Keep DnD like DnD. We don't need these recycled arena trash that failed in 3 other DF game.  Stop wasting your time and go  enjoy RoA before it shuts down soon.

Bro, you're trying to hard to convey your message and reasoning, just say; It is the way it is. and let jesus take the wheel.

Real talk though: You're a braindead idiot if you think we want to make this like ROA. Straight up braindead reject.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #14

Yup, you're definitely confused.

This idiot is definitely confused.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.