Skip to main content

Topic: Guide to Weapons bar and Hotbar - How to set them up. (Read 7891 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Guide to Weapons bar and Hotbar - How to set them up.
Reply #30
It was somewhere in GUI option, if i not wrong.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
@Mood
i don't think such an option currently exists.

in regards to collapse, the long arrow buttons next to hotbar slot 1 can be used to expand the hotbar so you see all 10 hotbars at once. the autocollapse option collapses them when you go out of gui mode.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #32
Hey there, new to the game and enjoying it so far!

Is there any way to set the hotbar to horizontal mode? I looked everywhere in the options but could only find vertical weapons bar switch, nothing about horizontal hotbar. Couldn't find any topics in the forums about this either.

Shuffled around in the xml settings and found a <HOTBAR> section in gui_persistence.xml which has a window size option, so I tested fiddling with the size, which changed the size of the window, but not the orientation. There's also a state setting which seems to have Collapsed and ExpandedRight options, although I haven't tried changing those yet.

I dont think so because of the way it opens it would be weird horizontal.

Reply #33
I dont think so because of the way it opens it would be weird horizontal.

Why weird? It would open up instead of to the right... Makes perfect sense imo.

Reply #34
could It be possible to have the default of scroll wheel for switching weapons changed, and have the default of scroll wheel be switching between hot bar columns?

the reason I ask this is because when trying to teach my group of returning/new players to the game how to play, the majority got quickly stuck to the bad habit of using scroll wheel for weapon switching and some of them struggled to find the binding to place scroll wheel for hotbar switching

It creates unnecessary issue in the NPE and affects a players ability development

Reply #35
You can link each weapon bar slot in the lower right corner and can exclude them from the scroll.

So for example I have my wheel only go to 1h and shield everything else is locked and all my melee weapons go to the same hot bar slt since the same button works for any weapon with access to the ability, others have scroll up go to one weapon and scroll down another so its pretty configurable.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
@F34RZ0H4N
you can go to %appdata%\DarkfallNewDawn\Character\0
there you find one folder for each account you ever logged in, all having just a number.
find the one that is the account you want to do the change for.
if you have multiple folders log the account in and out. and check which folder had the latest changes made to it's files.

open input_persistence.xml with the text editor. and find the entry:
<Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_Scroll"/>
change <Binding Value=""/> to
<Binding Value="AXIS_Z_0"/>

go to entry:
<Name Value="Gui_Weaponsbar_Scroll"/>
and remove AXIS_Z_0 so you have
<Binding Value=""/>

save the file.
Bala Eregi

Reply #37
@F34RZ0H4N
you can go to %appdata%\DarkfallNewDawn\Character\0
there you find one folder for each account you ever logged in, all having just a number.
find the one that is the account you want to do the change for.
if you have multiple folders log the account in and out. and check which folder had the latest changes made to it's files.

open input_persistence.xml with the text editor. and find the entry:
<Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_Scroll"/>
change <Binding Value=""/> to
<Binding Value="AXIS_Z_0"/>

go to entry:
<Name Value="Gui_Weaponsbar_Scroll"/>
and remove AXIS_Z_0 so you have
<Binding Value=""/>

save the file.
this was useful

thanks

Reply #38
Nice Guide Bala, I think I got a grip of the new mechanics now. Felt a little bit left alone in game.

Reply #39
I am sure some people understand all these bindings in the hotbar. I am not one of them. Just too complicated.

Reply #40
does setting up one bar with all your main cooldowns means that you have to direct bind pretty much everything else? 100 binds? ok you might not use all of them but still you'll have to bind all your abilities on separate key binds if you want to see one bar at all times

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
yes. any spell that isn't on that hotbar has to be bound directly. you can use multislots in that hotbar though.
Bala Eregi

Reply #42
Thx a lot for your work!

I translated to Russian:
https://forums.goha.ru/showthread.php?p=157038917#post157038917
Dolly Monk

Reply #43
guide to weapons is simple - use greatsword.

Reply #44
btw dfo bindings is most customizeble thing!! you can set everything what u need.They always cry about gui is shit,but gui and chat is the best.
If you think dfo UI is bad,then you are unproper shit and dfo is ok.