Skip to main content

Topic: Scroll wheel and Z_AXIS_0 (Read 566 times) previous topic - next topic

Scroll wheel and Z_AXIS_0
Personally I do not use scroll wheel for weapon switches, since my mouse scroll will often skip two steps instead of 1 in the heat of combat.

So what I -DO- use mouse scroll for is to change between hotbars.  "GUI_COL_SCROLL" in the Darlfall bindings, I believe.

Unfortunately setting this has always been bugged in game.  Therefore one needs to exit the game and manually edit it in one of the Settings files.

In the spirit of "de-scripting the game" to make it accessible to all, I recommend that this bug be fixed so that it's easier to set up.  No new player is ever, ever going to figure out the 'workaround' on their own.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Scroll wheel and Z_AXIS_0
Reply #1
Yep, i as used wheel to scroll columns in the hotbar while holding the left shift key in the old interation.
In DnD at beginnig wasn't an issue for switching weapon but now i prefer the old bind for this operation and bind something else for scrolling tools in the wapon hotbar, is much better for me.

Maybe someone can also explain how to edit the xml file to have the same result (aka hold left SHIFT and using the wheel up and down to scroll between hotbar columns).

Values:

<Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_Next"/>
      <Binding Value=""/>

<Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_Prev"/>
      <Binding Value=""/>

Very appreciated, thanks.
  • Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:23:55 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Yep, i as used wheel to scroll columns in the hotbar while holding the left shift key in the old interation.
In DnD at beginnig wasn't an issue for switching weapon but now i prefer the old bind for this operation and bind something else for scrolling tools in the wapon hotbar, is much better for me.

Maybe someone can also explain how to edit the xml file to have the same result (aka hold left SHIFT and using the wheel up and down to scroll between hotbar columns).

Values:

<Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_Next"/>
      <Binding Value=""/>

<Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_Prev"/>
      <Binding Value=""/>

Very appreciated, thanks.

There is no value to differentiate scroll wheel up and down. At least nothing that exist in the current input_persistence file.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Having the ingame hotkey detection system be able to detect mouse wheel up and down would probably resolve most of these issues.
There is the non-detection the modifier keys for certain values as well but I know Ub3r is well aware of that.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

• rykus
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
Until it's changed to be more friendly, here is a little AHK script I use for the mousewheel.  You will have to disable scroll in each of the weapon bars before it will work right.  I currently use it to go up/down in the current hotbar, but can be easily modified to do whatever you want.

FWIW - I hate the inability to select certain inputs via the GUI, like the mousewheel.  No doubt it's on the huge list of stuff to do.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
Process, Priority, , High

{
#IfWinActive ,Darkfall Online

MW := 1
LWin::LAlt

~WheelDown::

MW := MW +1
If (MW=10) {
MW := 0
}
Send, {%MW%}
return

~WheelUp::

If (MW=0) {
MW := 10
}
MW := MW -1
Send, {%MW%}
return

~<!3::

return

~Xbutton2::

return
}

Reply #5
I played with a steam controller and bound mwheelup and mwheeldown to the shoulder buttons.

It still glitchy performance where it thinks I pressed it twice. I just assumed it was an interface issue after that.

Reply #6
They need a sensitivity setting, because everyone's mouse is different and when you add controllers too... wow.

• rykus
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
If your mouse is hopping more than one increment per mousewheel 'tick', then it's likely your wheel is out of calibration.  There are YT videos on this, and how to currect it (requires taking your mouse apart).  Might also have better success with a different brand.

FWIW - Razer makes junk IMHO.  Very cool looking, and sophisticated, sure, but low quality components and construction.  Horrible failure rates, and so many complains about reliability.  I have bought 3, and all 3 have failed in one way or another in under 3 months.  After doing some research, I'll never buy another.  I have a Logitech M series that's 23 years old, still working great. 

Reply #8
For now , the system doesn't allow to bind mouse wheel up or down independently.
We have an overhaul of the keybinds system planned before the end of InDev

For now, you can only bind the scroll wheel as an axis, and to do that, when trying to bind it, you need to scroll both ways.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #9
For now, you can only bind the scroll wheel as an axis, and to do that, when trying to bind it, you need to scroll both ways.

Very nice, that works, apparently!  Wish I knew of this year's ago.  Thanks!

Reply #10
Remember kids, always scroll both ways before binding your mouse wheel.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.