Skip to main content

Topic: Beginners Guide to Starting out in Darkfall New Dawn (Read 7577 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Beginners Guide to Starting out in Darkfall New Dawn
Reply #15
I've found part of this guide to be wrong, with armor crafting.  Making chain chestpieces gives me much larger skill gains than making chain sleeves.  Tested last night.  Was this patched, or what?

Reply #16
Harder or more expensive to make = more skill gains, true. But if you look at the skill gains per ressource used, it seems that doing the less expensive piece yields more.

Reply #17
Ahh, I guess this includes the chance to fail per material cost.

Reply #18
Yeah it sucks that the failure can't be stopped even with max skills, i'm doing chests only even when crafting up to scale armor it's about luck, my luck was good only lost few chest pieces like 3-5 but all of the rest worked but i recommend doing off parts (Boots/Gauntlets) if you want to make sure you get the most of it, but you need to be patient.

Reply #19
Guide updated for patch 2.0 with new sections and some expansions in other sections.

I've found part of this guide to be wrong, with armor crafting.  Making chain chestpieces gives me much larger skill gains than making chain sleeves.  Tested last night.  Was this patched, or what?

thanks for the info. was the increase equal to material increases? then it should have been multiple times faster. Can you give us the numbers of what you saw.

can any other crafters confirm/deny this? I might just run a good sample size test myself in a bit, i'm starting to stack up enough money to waste a bit.
Dont let your memes be dreams

Reply #20
I ve played original Darkfall for a while.
Now I am back. Back then, I left because it was too pvp and there is no reward on playing against EVERYONE all the time.
I couldn't even chat with someone in a city without being ganked. Too much pvp. No space for PVE and crafting playing style. Some pvp, good, too much, mess it up.
I am back to try the new blue-red system. Hopefully will allow to play the game, the most great game´s interface I ve found.
I liked the explanation about the game. But It takes like an eternity to download it. And I am using a 100 Mb connection.
  • Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:33:23 pm by bixugrillu

Reply #21
This thread needs Updating or it will be confusing for Newbies @Ub3rgames @Benevolence
The most up to date mechanics are not in the thread, no linked spells, no spawnscaling..
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #22
We will unpin it until/if it gets updated.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #23
We will unpin it until/if it gets updated.

Heh I stopped working on mine because you never did pin it :p

Reply #24
This needs to be updated right? ;D

Reply #25
This needs to be updated right? ;D

Yup. Titles will be coming in soon, probably best to do it after those are in. They'll be game changers.

Most of the info in the guide is still good though!
Duce Vonfossen in game.

Reply #26
Holy necros bat man....

Reply #27
If anyone wishes to update this guide, we'll move it to the appropriate section and keep it up top.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• msilvers73
  • [*]
Reply #28
Benevolence ty very much for this tutorial/guide. I am brand new to the game, and this game seems to be very confusing, but right up my ally. I can't wait to jump into it tomorrow as I am to tired to do so tonight. You didn't waste your time making this because you at least helped one person!!
Newbie at play - beware of progress.

The will to succeed will surely surpass your experience.

Reply #29
Benevolence ty very much for this tutorial/guide. I am brand new to the game, and this game seems to be very confusing, but right up my ally. I can't wait to jump into it tomorrow as I am to tired to do so tonight. You didn't waste your time making this because you at least helped one person!!
racial skills on this guide is outdated, they will be changed, check the racial thread on the announcment section here