Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: So.. I bought an alt. Quick story and complaint
Last post by Mycke -
@Ivar_theBoneless
A player who mains a 5 combat title character bought 2 alts.
He was then able to cover 10 crafting titles.
He is also able to farm better with his 5 combat title character to give resources to his crafters.

Players who want to play the game and craft on a single character are now fucked over by alts.
To play the vision they are even worse at pve.

How fucking hard is this to get that crafting is almost completely altfall.

You seriously can't be that dumb you don't understand the issue here.

Ub3r's design encourages alts. I don't give a shit if they did it as a cash grab or stupidly ignoring the community that this would be the end result.

I'm sorry but you really dont need combat titles to farm mobs.
@Ivar_theBoneless
A player who mains a 5 combat title character bought 2 alts.
He was then able to cover 10 crafting titles.
He is also able to farm better with his 5 combat title character to give resources to his crafters.

Players who want to play the game and craft on a single character are now fucked over by alts.
To play the vision they are even worse at pve.

How fucking hard is this to get that crafting is almost completely altfall.

You seriously can't be that dumb you don't understand the issue here.

Ub3r's design encourages alts. I don't give a shit if they did it as a cash grab or stupidly ignoring the community that this would be the end result.
General Discussion / Re: So.. I bought an alt. Quick story and complaint
Last post by VexDee -
Let's say the 5th title really didn't matter to min max.
So now I take 4 combat and 1 crafting.
I can only enchant that 1 craft.
Let's split that build between 5 characters.
Anyone want to do the enchanting grind 5 times?
As long as you can take ALL crafting titles on a single character this game will always be altfall crafting and the vision will always be mocked by paying to make things easier.
To me, that's why 5+2 is a better system. With the +2 being strictly crafting and introducing enchanting title.

Now.. down the road...
I'd like to combine that with what you brought up wild.
I agree that the 5 shouldn't strictly be PvP type titles. I'd love to see interesting ideas (please don't argue the balance of what i list here, these are just quick example)
Horsemanship: mounts 10% faster
Pirate: ships move and turn faster
Tracker: see nearby chaos chests (and eventually) wandering mobs on map
Sneaky: mobs less likely to attack if in party
Annoying: mobs more likely to attack if in party

Top of my head shit. But stuff for the people who aren't pvp focused or some crossover stuff like mount speed that either could use.

Those are nice idea but i feal like a 5 pvp title character will always have the uper hand. I'd got as far as removing all crafting title and allow anyone to craft AND offer some sort of Character merge so you can merge the crafting skills of your alt on you main. But that would cost Ub3rgames a small amount of money so the merge will never happen.

@Ivar_theBoneless I know you can have smart discutions cause we had some in Sedition discord. You're undermining a post that could potentialy benefits the community. What are you trying to achieve here?

@Bloodtest @Pallist Horror
Posting that Uber's motivation behind the current system was to get people to buy alts is just f****** stupid or the argument that you can't get things crafted so you have to do it yourself in game is completely false.

Launch- I was solo I still bought and sold everything I needed off the markets in RingFang or got mycke in alfar lands  to craft it.

SKD- I only got a few things crafted because I think I was still using Mick and I just didn't need anything. But I could have if I needed too.

Solo for a month or two during the population shrink still buy things on the market as a melee-Archer. Human in dwarf lands, anything I couldn't find up there the elf Market had. And I reached out to these random dwarfs to get things crafted they turned out to be the Crafters from sedition who joined right before me

Sedition as you know we had a great CB Market I never had a problem and I was still using the three brothers who were now clanmates.

Solo in elf lands I talked to people I didn't know that I saw playing and they were Crafters........ so now I had the 3 brothers in niff-dwarf lands and this cool couple in elflands the craft anything I needed. And they were even willing to come out to human lands and craft stuff cuz I told him they could make some money out there but we never Linked up till I got back to elf lands.

So now I raced changed again and I'm in ork lands. Not a lot going on but I said f*** it I put everything I had in the bank on the market, the thick leather and everything else except the spell components sold before I made it to wolf lands and I converted that gold to things I needed there that I didn't have (polearms)

See the repeating factor in there?  I talk to random strangers or I sold high demand items at the time and converted that large amount of gold two things I needed. If I need something and I can't find anybody to make it I asked in trade chat. I think I'm up to 4 weapon masteries and 2 max schools, with a million combination of titles and gears in between. I play incredibly random hours and yet I still don't have a problem getting stuff done as different races. If you don't have something -instead of complaining about how you need to supply it yourself - people should be reaching out and talking to strangers. It's not rocket science it's very easy to do even with the current low population

Crafters stop playing the game because they want to actually play a game and currently there's only PVP. That's why the big push is to get as much of the actual PVE and questing game flushed out. It's not because Crafters are gimped in PvP.

The only two flaws that I think most can all agree on is that everybody should have the abilities of the labor title and Magic tiles need to be tweaked to have more negatives so they can't stack 5 with no downside.

Edit- and no I didn't have a stockpile of s*** from when I was in the only two clans I joined. I think anybody that I actually knows me can vouch I would make gear bags for sieges day of cuz I just never got around to it and I don't stockpile s*** I give stuff away - I'd rather have it out of my bank then just sitting there not being used.

MY GOD IVAR SHUT THE FUCK UP HAVE U LOST YOUR MIND
STOP BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR WIFES BOOBS ON THE INTERNET

ure literally a tiny test chimp strapped down just squealing as needles get put into its eyes,

SHUT UP!!!!!!
Let's say the 5th title really didn't matter to min max.
So now I take 4 combat and 1 crafting.
I can only enchant that 1 craft.
Let's split that build between 5 characters.
Anyone want to do the enchanting grind 5 times?
As long as you can take ALL crafting titles on a single character this game will always be altfall crafting and the vision will always be mocked by paying to make things easier.
To me, that's why 5+2 is a better system. With the +2 being strictly crafting and introducing enchanting title.

Now.. down the road...
I'd like to combine that with what you brought up wild.
I agree that the 5 shouldn't strictly be PvP type titles. I'd love to see interesting ideas (please don't argue the balance of what i list here, these are just quick example)
Horsemanship: mounts 10% faster
Pirate: ships move and turn faster
Tracker: see nearby chaos chests (and eventually) wandering mobs on map
Sneaky: mobs less likely to attack if in party
Annoying: mobs more likely to attack if in party

Top of my head shit. But stuff for the people who aren't pvp focused or some crossover stuff like mount speed that either could use.

Those are nice idea but i feal like a 5 pvp title character will always have the uper hand. I'd got as far as removing all crafting title and allow anyone to craft AND offer some sort of Character merge so you can merge the crafting skills of your alt on you main. But that would cost Ub3rgames a small amount of money so the merge will never happen.

@Ivar_theBoneless I know you can have smart discutions cause we had some in Sedition discord. You're undermining a post that could potentialy benefits the community. What are you trying to achieve here?

@Bloodtest @Pallist Horror
Posting that Uber's motivation behind the current system was to get people to buy alts is just f****** stupid or the argument that you can't get things crafted so you have to do it yourself in game is completely false.

Launch- I was solo I still bought and sold everything I needed off the markets in RingFang or got mycke in alfar lands  to craft it.

SKD- I only got a few things crafted because I think I was still using Mick and I just didn't need anything. But I could have if I needed too.

Solo for a month or two during the population shrink still buy things on the market as a melee-Archer. Human in dwarf lands, anything I couldn't find up there the elf Market had. And I reached out to these random dwarfs to get things crafted they turned out to be the Crafters from sedition who joined right before me

Sedition as you know we had a great CB Market I never had a problem and I was still using the three brothers who were now clanmates.

Solo in elf lands I talked to people I didn't know that I saw playing and they were Crafters........ so now I had the 3 brothers in niff-dwarf lands and this cool couple in elflands to craft anything I needed. And they were even willing to come out to human lands and craft stuff cuz I told him they could make some money out there but we never Linked up till I got back to elf lands.

So now I raced changed again and I'm in ork lands. Not a lot going on but I said f*** it I put everything I had in the bank on the market, the thick leather and everything else except the spell components sold before I made it to wolf lands and I converted that gold to things I needed there that I didn't have (polearms)

See the repeating factor in there?  I talk to random strangers or I sold high demand items at the time and converted that large amount of gold two things I needed. If I need something and I can't find anybody to make it I asked in trade chat. I think I'm up to 4 weapon masteries and 2 max schools, with a million combination of titles and gears in between. I play incredibly random hours and yet I still don't have a problem getting stuff done as different races. If you don't have something -instead of complaining about how you need to supply it yourself - people should be reaching out and talking to strangers. It's not rocket science it's very easy to do even with the current low population

Crafters stop playing the game because they want to actually play a game and craft for anybody not just clanmates like a bot . Currently there's only PVP. That's why the big push is to get as much of the actual PVE and questing game flushed out and it's extremely important they get craft orders in the game. It's not because Crafters are gimped in PvP.

The only two flaws that I think most can all agree on is that everybody should have the abilities of the labor title and Magic tiles need to be tweaked to have more negatives so they can't stack 5 with no downside.

Edit- and no I didn't have a stockpile of s*** from when I was in the only two clans I joined. I think anybody that actually knows me can vouch I would make gear bags for sieges day of cuz I just never got around to it and I don't stockpile s***. I give stuff away - I'd rather have it out of my bank then just sitting there not being used.
I'd start with a simple packmule:
* two times carry capacity of regular racial mount
* can't sprint

Could even temporarily use the same model of regular racial mount

Exactly, something, anything. There needs to be SOME way to carry stone for instance... or swordfish!
General Discussion / Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Last post by Ivar_theBoneless -
Please, I urge everyone interested in the bind stone quest to read this. I'm also urging any senior or experienced programmer and even @Ub3rgames to refute this. I'm quite comfortable with what I've said here so just someone, please prove me wrong. I'm not saying that as a cocky statement, I really wish that I am wrong somehow. I just can't see how. Please someone fucking prove me wrong. Please, please, please.

Yeah, the reason to why I am asking is quite simple. This feature, in any normal development platform, should not take more than 80 hours to implement. It is simple as fuck. Having access to the source, with some horrible copy pasting code, it should be doable in 40h with testing included. Why is it simple? If you tie the below things that already exists together, you have the hollow bindstone quest that has been mentioned here.

• You have the ability to create quests (think of quest classes probably). Meaning text, rewards, objectives
  • You have "event" for triggering quest dialog on NPCs.
  • You have an "event" for pressing a bindstone (you see the text).
  • You have the ability to get close by mobs, so you can assign them to the quest. (think global map filters)

If they only have access to some kind of obscure scripting system, the estimate becomes a lot harder cause the scripting system might be complicated and limited as fuck. The estimate is very much depended on the inner workings of the API that they are in control of or have access too. If the things they have control over is shit, then I cannot give any estimate.

I'm just saying, on any NORMAL, and even somewhat obscure API (access to the system), this should not take longer than 80 hours. If it is even possible, and if it doesn't require memory/DLL injection, I have a hard time seeing that that a good senior programmer that has never looked at the system or their code would not be able to implement it in 120h from knowing nothing.

So this is what makes me a little bit more frustrated than the rest of the community. I understand and know how things SHOULD work and I have never seen a logical reason to why they do not work that way. If this feature takes a long time to implement and they have full control over the source, then they are utterly bad programmers. If this features takes a long time to implement cause of the scripting or API they have control over is shit, then every simple feature will take a long amount of time to implement. So in either situation, "we" are fucked.

If it takes long time to implement because their ambitions are a lot higher than the "skeleton-quest" we have talked about here, then you have problems in the development process, cost/benefit analysis and prioritization. Seems the simple hollow skeleton-quest is desired by and would benefit the players. If they have aimed to mke it so much more fun and advanced than described in this thread, I applaud them. If they however are not releasing the quest in small incremental updates, then the problems I mentioned above in this paragraph exist. They should have release the feature as a simple hollow quest, and then added onto the implementation. This way people would at least have gotten something while the big feature is implemented and they would have seen that they are working.

/m

hey bro i didn't read more than 10% of your post because you're 17 years old and think 6 months programming experience makes you good

sorry just thought you might want to know since apparently you care a lot about looking smart on the internet

^ this right here from my previous interactions with this guy

@makaveli 80 hours?

Quests and the framework for them is one of the longest development phases in man hours easily. It's what I started in because it gets paid the least amount and always done by the new kids. It's why they were phased out slowly but surely to today's era of zero quests/back story or just clip and paste in MMO's. They also tend to be highly buggy if you have any static objects part of a quest.

I wish they would just pull the trigger on the free-to-play model and get this show on the road
Last post by Pallist Horror -
@ub3rgames buyorders in next patch???
Definitely not next patch.

2.2 will be minor update
Last post by SuperKrej -
@ub3rgames buyorders in next patch???
Last post by trashsmasher -
Please, I urge everyone interested in the bind stone quest to read this. I'm also urging any senior or experienced programmer and even @Ub3rgames to refute this. I'm quite comfortable with what I've said here so just someone, please prove me wrong. I'm not saying that as a cocky statement, I really wish that I am wrong somehow. I just can't see how. Please someone fucking prove me wrong. Please, please, please.

Yeah, the reason to why I am asking is quite simple. This feature, in any normal development platform, should not take more than 80 hours to implement. It is simple as fuck. Having access to the source, with some horrible copy pasting code, it should be doable in 40h with testing included. Why is it simple? If you tie the below things that already exists together, you have the hollow bindstone quest that has been mentioned here.

• You have the ability to create quests (think of quest classes probably). Meaning text, rewards, objectives
  • You have "event" for triggering quest dialog on NPCs.
  • You have an "event" for pressing a bindstone (you see the text).
  • You have the ability to get close by mobs, so you can assign them to the quest. (think global map filters)

If they only have access to some kind of obscure scripting system, the estimate becomes a lot harder cause the scripting system might be complicated and limited as fuck. The estimate is very much depended on the inner workings of the API that they are in control of or have access too. If the things they have control over is shit, then I cannot give any estimate.

I'm just saying, on any NORMAL, and even somewhat obscure API (access to the system), this should not take longer than 80 hours. If it is even possible, and if it doesn't require memory/DLL injection, I have a hard time seeing that that a good senior programmer that has never looked at the system or their code would not be able to implement it in 120h from knowing nothing.

So this is what makes me a little bit more frustrated than the rest of the community. I understand and know how things SHOULD work and I have never seen a logical reason to why they do not work that way. If this feature takes a long time to implement and they have full control over the source, then they are utterly bad programmers. If this features takes a long time to implement cause of the scripting or API they have control over is shit, then every simple feature will take a long amount of time to implement. So in either situation, "we" are fucked.

If it takes long time to implement because their ambitions are a lot higher than the "skeleton-quest" we have talked about here, then you have problems in the development process, cost/benefit analysis and prioritization. Seems the simple hollow skeleton-quest is desired by and would benefit the players. If they have aimed to mke it so much more fun and advanced than described in this thread, I applaud them. If they however are not releasing the quest in small incremental updates, then the problems I mentioned above in this paragraph exist. They should have release the feature as a simple hollow quest, and then added onto the implementation. This way people would at least have gotten something while the big feature is implemented and they would have seen that they are working.

/m

hey bro i didn't read more than 10% of your post because you're 17 years old and think 6 months programming experience makes you good

sorry just thought you might want to know since apparently you care a lot about looking smart on the internet
@wildNothing as far as I understand it, the 5+1 or 5+2 many are suggesting would be strictly up to 5 non crafting titles, and up to 1/2 non-combat titles
I'd be very much against 2 crafting + 5 any. That'd just boost altfall

Actually I am suggesting 5 Anything titles + 1 Industry only Title

That means you could go
- full crafting 6 titles
- 5 Combat titles and 1 crafting
or any combination you would like to a max of 5 combat titles and 6 titles total respectively

This means that any player can do some crafting without the perception of sacrificing a title slot.

This means players could run 5 combat title and keep 1 as a float - switching between lvl 1 - cooking, labour (woodcrafting/smelting), bowyer and taming for basic needs.

Or they could specialize in one craft or skinning, again without the perception they are sacrificing combat effectiveness.