Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / AMD vs. INTEL for DND ?
Last post by allibobba -
i'm getting ready to build a new rig, mine is old and starting to suffer in game and i'm wondering how AMD is working for darkfall these days.

i switched to intel a few years ago because the single core performance was far better than amd but amd is sooo much cheaper i would rather go that route if i don't suffer FPS wise.

anyone thats using AMD  let me know what you have and the average fps you get especially in cities or when there are  alot of players around .
I sell everything i have besides some enchanting mats i really need, but only because i havent stockpiled enough.

For that gold i buy everything from the internal market and good priced items in direct trade with players (25k a full plate set for example).

The materials i sell can be farmed around erinthel or my house @ehetil.

Thats how iam doing it.

I sell large quantities of low tier enchantments (people probably use it to skill up) and rare ores. Those are my main gold sources.
General Discussion / Re: How does 25,000 forum members work?
Last post by Niburu -
My activity dropped because of three reasons.

- character is at a level i feel is finished
- no Warfronts/Watchtowers
- the weather outside got awesome and with that comes more RL responsibility

I still login for some farming when i can. The Patch U3ber is heading looks good, cant wait for more stuff done on the roadmap.
I have played since shortly after launch, the only things I have sold, is shit low tier stuff and that was purely to populate the Bel Melek Marketplace. I hoard everything. Why should I sell in the first place?

I am sure I'm not the only one who plays like this. But gold is no incentive to me whatsoever. I seem to accumulate gold more and more, albeit somewhat slowly. But no one else sells anything meaningful to me, so there's nothing for me to buy either and thus my gold stockpile keeps going up and up and up.

There are so many sinks that were removed from DFO. And nothing was ever put in it's place, gold is really struggling to hold value in this game. Truly it really is.

DFO Gold sinks;

- ALL Spells/Skills/Schools HAD to be purchased from an NPC in order to be accessed. How much gold you think we all spent in the end on pure unlocks? well over 100k I would say.

- Meditation points. Used to be able to pump gold to get meditation points for your character.

- Regeants. All regs now drop abundantly in PVE, disgustingly so. I think I have easily over 10k of all regs, and I'm a pure mage spending over a 1k each day easily, yet still I accumulate regs and thus don't need to buy any really.
                  - Tying in to regs. Warriors and archers now barely use ANY at all, so they have massive stockpiles and thus don't need  to buy either.

- Runestones/Portal chamber fast travel - Were a commodity EVERYONE needed. Now it seems people barely need to trade in anything other than rare ingots and the odd enchanting mat for those who are crazy enough to sell them.

I'm sure there are many other sinks that have since been removed in New Dawn. We desperatly need new ones, if gold is to ever recuperate it's value.

Maybe it's just me, what do the rest of you think?

Do you sell your assets at all? if so which ones do you mainly sell?
Do you see a NEED for gold in your bank?
What do you mainly spend your gold on?

I will also point out that I am Alfar. Since it's very possible that this also ties into being a racial issue, and the fact alfars have no allies what so ever and thus naturally, our population is drastically smaller than the other races.
General Discussion / Re: Live Patch 1.3
Last post by Leg enD -
so blues attacked other blues? why didn't they go grey and become free kills? well, they did.  sounds like people wanted to go red for bang :S

the only people who were forced to were the ones defending their holdings, blues will be able to roam siege edges and attack other blues when the changes are in(if they don't care about going red), I'm still not seeing how attackers accidently went red.

you all went arac, or initiated and killed other blues, if you didnt do either of these things, i feel bad for you, if you did, your a red player anyway.

- Sellers can remotely withdraw the gold of successful sales to their global gold account. The 10% global account fee is applied as usual, on top of the 5% sale fee.

its 15% not 20%. Just saying.

The time it would take also, to travel to pick up the sales. You could easily recoup that tax fee by doing whatever else it is you are doing.

Dont see an issue with tax fee.

I would like to see an "automatic" setting for all sales if its not already in?, so it's just "whack it up for sale, then wait for gold in your wallet", I hate trading, and thus despise going back to an activity I dislike in the first place.
Last post by Azmoodeus -
Safe sieging:
The bulk of the work has been done around providing a "contested area" during sieges:
- In a large area around a holding, attackers, defenders and their allies are all free to kill each other.
- In areas around siege stones and bindstones, all characters not officially involved with the conquest challenge are free to kill for attackers/defenders and their allies.
- When a character is under NPC zap tower protection, normal alignment rules apply.
until this, you knew attacking same race would make you red, your choice.

after this only those officially involved get to avoid alignment hits, where there any sieges where the attacking side was all the same race alliance? they'd all be grey free kills when the changes come. I don't see how they'd of stayed blue, the only ones who got fucked were the defenders and most of them(or all) had arac defenders too so.. meh, gl hf
Defenders were definetly not the ones who "got fucked". Attackers faced a shitload of smaller clans who didn't really have any affiliation with one another except same race. Attackers were forced to kill all because otherwise the blue players could've just BS down the stones with no resistance.
Last post by Leg enD -
Safe sieging:
The bulk of the work has been done around providing a "contested area" during sieges:
- In a large area around a holding, attackers, defenders and their allies are all free to kill each other.
- In areas around siege stones and bindstones, all characters not officially involved with the conquest challenge are free to kill for attackers/defenders and their allies.
- When a character is under NPC zap tower protection, normal alignment rules apply.
until this, you knew attacking same race would make you red, your choice.

after this only those officially involved get to avoid alignment hits, where there any sieges where the attacking side was all the same race alliance? they'd all be grey free kills when the changes come. I don't see how they'd of stayed blue, the only ones who got fucked were the defenders and most of them(or all) had arac defenders too so.. meh, gl hf
Suggestions / Re: city nodes or populated world
Last post by wildNothing -
But back to city mines - why not simply have them yield only 1 type of ore? Instead of selentine + veilron, just one rare type. Would further separate holding value, promote activity since most people need 2 types of rares for a decent bag, but not destroy holding value that much... (as a melee archer, 1 selentine mine gives me 90% of what I need for an unenchanted full plate / r50 bag ever second day, that's retarded).
It would not change much. You would still get ore, timber, food, potions, steedgrass everyday. Just on your coffee break. This not only makes open world empty, it's also killing the potential of earning gold as gatherer. As now most people have everything they need from city nodes (and if not everything at least high percentage of it, as you noticed yourself).

How can @Ub3rgames not see this? I don't get it. It's a mistake in game design. World that feels alive is a crucial asset for mmorpg.
Events / Re: 2 vs 2 Tournament
Last post by beast -