Skip to main content

Recent Posts

Currently there is no way for casual players or new players or veterans to get med points on our personal playtimes unless we all decide to stay at npc lands and do npc quests.
Why did ub3rgames not realize this problems for 6 months after release. They are forcing pvp ontot he playerbase to get med points purely from VCPs. Even in an PvP game forcing pvp is not the right thing a dev team should do, PVP should happen organically due to players always out doing pve or other fun things not directly looking for pvp.

The devs priority to balance magic schools and its pure focus on New Dawn being this PVP oriented game development has hurt it attraction to the new and casual players of MMOS who have yet to try darkfall. Even i like most veterans can not recommend this game currently to any new players for fear of them quitting after a few weeks and never coming back.

Focus on more casual content Devs, all your doing balancing magic schools is making it stronger and making Time to Kill within 10-11 seconds, might as well go back to playing DOOM or Call of Duty.

I kind of agree, but if you're a 2 hour/day player then you are more than likely doing the NPC quests and hourly quests to work on your skills plus build up some Med points anyway.  That's what they're there for.  I've only been playing for a couple weeks and that's pretty much what I do.  Plus I farm certain locations for reagents since I'm a caster which will pop up a champion that will give a little Med points as well.  I haven't run out of Med points but maybe I need to monitor it to see if they're going up or if I'm running out.  I feel your pain though, most games ignore working people, who are the ones that will generally stick to a game if they like it.  I played Darkfall solo for that very reason and it was BRUTAL.  Have to say though, the Darkfall world itself is impressive.
General Discussion / Re: Power Hour - opinions
Last post by Meth -
Power hour was hands down the greatest thing I've ever seen in a game, why all i had to do was log on 1 hour per day then log off till the next one, not to mention that offline meditation grind!!! woah it was awesome, it was truly a groundbreaking mechanic that didn't make the games grind revolve around that 1 hour at all, it was truly remarkable /s
General Discussion / Re: Power Hour - opinions
Last post by lambdaExpression -
So, what are your opinions on Power Hour and do you think it's making people log in and play, or do you think they log off to meditate as soon as PH ends?

It was making me log daily for crafting grind. PH is good but offline meditation points is OP and generally encourage players to stay off line.
General Discussion / Re: Herbalism/gathering question
Last post by Noquid -
That's kinda my point.  I have spent a number of hours gathering herbs for herbalism (crafter alt, yes I gave in) and have gotten ZERO steedgrass.  Herbalism is a f-in Title plus it grants gathering which you would think would be some type of benefit to getting steedgrass and/or larger amounts of herbs per cycle.  Yes I haven't traveled "far" from my town, maybe 1-2 km max, so I'll experiment with that. 
Suggestions / Re: rework seize
Last post by wildNothing -
Very good examples. All of these spells are not instant cast. As I said, if seize is to remain damage and utility than add casting time to it. Spell that could have  been like seize (damage + instant cast ray + utility) has casting time (pungent mist).

As you see my point stands (even more now with help of your examples), BTW, I'm no curtain clown, I use seize myself.

Yea and very selective on what is scoring points in your 3 in 1 argument. Surely no CD and range is insignificant (!). Like your 3 in one example, instant cast, damage and utility.

I think range is more imprtant than you make it up to be.
My point is:
Seize is an instant cast ray spell that does damage and has very strong utility. No matter of how small the range of it is (twice as long as melee weapon reach) it is enough to be a devastating skill that you can't react to in any way. IMO there was a reason rays got reworked and instant cast damage got lowered. Same should happen for seize (as it is a ray too).

And tbh i don't understand where do you see a problem with lowering seize damage? You are a good player, you can easily stay in melee once you establish the range. The only people that change would affect are the ones that are unable to stay in melee even for few hits and all they rely on is seize and whirlwind. And IMO utilities shouldn't allow to outdamage someone. Utility vs damage, as @Ub3rgames used to say.
Suggestions / Re: rework seize
Last post by Nataz -
Very good examples. All of these spells are not instant cast. As I said, if seize is to remain damage and utility than add casting time to it. Spell that could have  been like seize (damage + instant cast ray + utility) has casting time (pungent mist).

As you see my point stands (even more now with help of your examples), BTW, I'm no curtain clown, I use seize myself.

Yea and very selective on what is scoring points in your 3 in 1 argument. Surely no CD and range is insignificant (!). Like your 3 in one example, instant cast, damage and utility.

I think range is more imprtant than you make it out to be.
Trade / Re: wtb fire trans staves
Last post by mongoloid123 -
if you have mats, contact me, and i will help you to do any q4 for you reagents for staffs, melee, bows. leahter\bone

haha q4 what a casual
Bugs & Feedbacks / Re: Unholly sithra
Last post by Unknowm Mantra -
no, devs said it must not be affected by any titles, but im sure that Warrior have effect on it, aswell as Leather traits have effect aswell.

Just a small test i did yday.
I deal 8 dmg in the city to the player with 14 resistance
He deal 16dmg to me with 12 resistance, but he was in +6-7 leather traits, had a warrior.
I have only 1h axe title and 3 magic schools. Both have 1 skill lvl in sithra, and my STR is 90, his is 100.

So...i do not know what have real effect and what is not)
I don't know....honestly i found meditation actually too easy to come by since the patch where they improved chaos chest rewards. Then they also put in champions which are a good soure of meditation too.
Between chaos chest, champions and the occasional key i find myself with a lot of spare meditation actually....i even stopped doing the daily quest and i haven't even prayed back the alignement that i lost 2 weeks ago.
It's true i also go to villages so maybe that's why i have no problems.
What i know for sure is that, before the chaos chest changes and the champions i had problems with med too (and when i lost alignement once, it was a pain in the ass to keep up) and i was doing villages back then too.

On the TTK being too low, though, i agree. I would like to see the TTK increased a bit by lowering overall dmg output from all sources
Suggestions / floating chatboxes
Last post by Baracuda -
Floating chatboxes pls!