Skip to main content

Recent Posts

IMO, they should've made Enchanting into a separate title AND do it like it is now.
So if you have Weaponsmithing title, you can craft and enchant weapons.
Or if you have Enchanting title, you can't make anything, but you can enchant everything.

@wildNothing as far as I understand it, the 5+1 or 5+2 many are suggesting would be strictly up to 5 non crafting titles, and up to 1/2 non-combat titles
I'd be very much against 2 crafting + 5 any. That'd just boost altfall
I'd totally be ok with the regular mounts dying of exhaustion eventually. Normal mounts in water should greatly increase stamina usage, and when they run out, they sink and drown. And it should go up dramatically by the amount of cargo they carry. But I still think a number of my ideas could compliment this. The taming skill just needs more to it. At least armored versions of the standard mount and a a large cargo option. Something that could effectively carry STONE for instance. Wagon can carry 10,000 kg for instance. Not that I don't want some of my other ideas included, I'd say there should be some other things at 25, 75 and 100.
Taming has so much more potential.

Maybe at 100 you can gt a standard speed mount that has a very short version of flame breath or something, but when killed explodes in a ball of flame.
To me the main issue was tying enchanting to crafting titles, this kind of forces crafting toons to be crafters so only 1-2 toons need to grind enchanting instead of 5-6. This forced clans to focus all their crafting on to crafting alts so they could enchant everything without risking losing their crafters to someone quiting or taking a break.

I think this one change did more to cause the current crafting alt situation than anything.
Let's say the 5th title really didn't matter to min max.
So now I take 4 combat and 1 crafting.
I can only enchant that 1 craft.
Let's split that build between 5 characters.
Anyone want to do the enchanting grind 5 times?
As long as you can take ALL crafting titles on a single character this game will always be altfall crafting and the vision will always be mocked by paying to make things easier.
To me, that's why 5+2 is a better system. With the +2 being strictly crafting and introducing enchanting title.

Now.. down the road...
I'd like to combine that with what you brought up wild.
I agree that the 5 shouldn't strictly be PvP type titles. I'd love to see interesting ideas (please don't argue the balance of what i list here, these are just quick example)
Horsemanship: mounts 10% faster
Pirate: ships move and turn faster
Tracker: see nearby chaos chests (and eventually) wandering mobs on map
Sneaky: mobs less likely to attack if in party
Annoying: mobs more likely to attack if in party

Top of my head shit. But stuff for the people who aren't pvp focused or some crossover stuff like mount speed that either could use.

Those are nice idea but i feal like a 5 pvp title character will always have the uper hand. I'd got as far as removing all crafting title and allow anyone to craft AND offer some sort of Character merge so you can merge the crafting skills of your alt on you main. But that would cost Ub3rgames a small amount of money so the merge will never happen.

@Ivar_theBoneless I know you can have smart discutions cause we had some in Sedition discord. You're undermining a post that could potentialy benefits the community. What are you trying to achieve here?

To me, that's why 5+2 is a better system. With the +2 being strictly crafting and introducing enchanting title.
hehe, we started at 5+1, now we are at 5+2. While it changes nothing in terms of going all crafting titles on your alt being better anyways, as you mentioned yourself. You would get 7 crafting titles on one alt - how much better would it be for enchanting. Come on Pallist. This discussion makes less and less sense to me. I can't understand it any more. Suggestions look totally not logical to me. So I'm out of here. Peace!
Trade / Re: Buying some Q2
Last post by _SeeD_ -
Check Adianthel market.  I just put up some vitals and goblin teeth.
Even more true if crafters are a precious commodity for clans

Theyre not though, because people juse use crafter alts
General Discussion / Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Last post by makaveli -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machiavellianism
@makaveli is this where your username comes from?
Not sure how to interpret your question as that tends to be something people refer to as bad but I'll answer anyways. Its an old nic that I've had for almost two decades. It comes from me listing to 2Pac, finding the stories around it quite interesting, then reading the prince.

Reasoning, ruthlessness, logic, planning and detachment from feelings to achieve a goal is something I admire, though it in practice makes a tyrant when focused on personal gain and not the greater good. I've also have problem with lying, which I consider a personal weakness in these specific situations.

/m

PS:
Anyways, this seems to be getting quite off topic. What I wanted to say is said in my post related to development times. Whether it is worth something or not is up to you guys but it does seem that my second post stole attention from the one I considered important, that is quite bad and contra productive to the reason I post. I'll save my own eventual beefs to other threads.
Let's say the 5th title really didn't matter to min max.
So now I take 4 combat and 1 crafting.
I can only enchant that 1 craft.
Let's split that build between 5 characters.
Anyone want to do the enchanting grind 5 times?
As long as you can take ALL crafting titles on a single character this game will always be altfall crafting and the vision will always be mocked by paying to make things easier.

Now.. down the road...
I'd like to combine that with what you brought up wild.
I agree that the 5 shouldn't strictly be PvP type titles. I'd love to see interesting ideas (please don't argue the balance of what i list here, these are just quick example)
Horsemanship: mounts 10% faster
Pirate: ships move and turn faster
Tracker: see nearby chaos chests (and eventually) wandering mobs on map
Sneaky: mobs less likely to attack if in party
Annoying: mobs more likely to attack if in party

Top of my head shit. But stuff for the people who aren't pvp focused or some crossover stuff like mount speed that either could use.

General Discussion / Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Last post by cutsmyself -
L2read. Took like 2 mins. Are you one of those people that sounds out every word and has to follow along with your finger?