Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: AMD vs. INTEL for DND ?
Last post by XiaN -
If that was the case, Bulldozer CPUs would have been good for DF, but they were and are not.

It's both IPC (instructions per clock) and frequency that matters. And since Darkfall can't use more than 1 core effectively, go for highest single-threaded performance.
Last few generations, that's been Intel, especially once the CPU was overclocked.

not entirely true. darkfall utilizes all of my 12 logical cores with 8 of them beeing at 82%-100% max load and the remaining 4 between 41% and 68%. its not perfect but considering how old the game is and how awful AV is at everything they ever done its suprisingly decent. in general AMD is ahead of Intel in terms of multithread operations but lacks behind in single core operations tho.

but yes clock speed matters alot. im currently running at 4.1 ghz and fps rarely drops below 150 even in big fights.
Suggestions / Re: Alternative Titleset
Last post by Mycke -
If they were to do this, they may aswell get rid of title leveling altogether. Otherwise what purpose does it serve.

Not that I'm against them getting rid of title levels.

Why?

The inactive titles wouldn't be leveled. It's literally the same as now except you get to have 5 titles not go down when you switch.

I wouldnt give 5, if anything maybe 2 slots one for non crafting that loses 10 when put in and freezes and one for crafting that loses 50 and freezes when put in.
Events / Re: 2 vs 2 Tournament
Last post by Mycke -

Well that pretty much kills this tourney right there ;)
ooo that cringey old man ass licking right der

I am pretty sure everyone that has any clue was probably thinking the same thing, but you being clueless and all, well...
Last post by SupremeBeing -

ooo that cringey old man ass licking right der
i just recruited 2 new players today into clan and about 20 ppl in last 45 days.
General Discussion / Re: AMD vs. INTEL for DND ?
Last post by falloutdc -
Go with Intel for gaming . I regret purchasing the bulldozer 8370 I got it cheap for 100€ used with the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 and I'll resell it once i get a i7 2600k or i5 2600k and keep the mainboard for my old Phenom II B50 x4

Unless you compile computer code or process large videos etc.. the Bulldozer cpu's ain't no good
I sell everything i have besides some enchanting mats i really need, but only because i havent stockpiled enough.

For that gold i buy everything from the internal market and good priced items in direct trade with players (25k a full plate set for example).

The materials i sell can be farmed around erinthel or my house @ehetil.

Thats how iam doing it.

I sell large quantities of low tier enchantments (people probably use it to skill up) and rare ores. Those are my main gold sources.
@SomeBK this guy sees the vision
personally i sell all my mats on the local market for the tolenque dedicated crafter to buy them, craft gear, and put that gear on the market so i can buy it back
General Discussion / Re: WATCHTOWERS
Last post by elektrofux -
Game is already dead... a lot of people I know are waiting for this watchtower patch to at least see some content in the game before they come back.

Also how it moving resources nodes of a holding OUTSIDE the holding going to increase value of the holding? If anything it will decrease the value since players dont have to worry about towers. Just walk up to the outside of holding, gather mats and peace out.

I really hope you rethink that idea altogether. Its terrible.

I am not sure what the intention behind nodes outside really is. If anything, there should be more things that you can do in cities. When sieging cities is going to be a much rarer event then raiding should at least be made more attractive.
Last post by Mycke -

Media Highlights / Re: Share Gaming Setups
Last post by MNO -
So no one's got a nice minimal gaming set up or a desk with a built-in PC to show?

Thread is a disappointment