Skip to main content

Topic: Adjust dawn/dusk sky box times: Making game world significantly nicer looking (Read 210 times) previous topic - next topic

Adjust dawn/dusk sky box times: Making game world significantly nicer looking
@Ub3rgames Increase the "afternoon" sky box graphic timer (the portion of the day in which the sky is clear) and decrease the dawn & dusk sky box graphic timers (the piss yellow sky). It would really improve the over-all look of the world and is probably a minor issue to adjust?

Never noticed till I started recording, those dawn & dusk sky graphics look like shit compared to the clear sky times and because it happens twice in a day cycle it makes everything a bland stained yellow look a large portion of the daylight time

Re: Adjust dawn/dusk sky box times: Making game world significantly nicer looking
Reply #1
Agree. Some work on the colors, the timer and the transition between zones would do a lot for the atmosphere of the game.

Some atmospheres are great, like some setting sun periods, but  last far too long. The fading between different periods of the day is too fast on the contrary. If it was possible to make a long fading from day light to night, that would be awesome. Some sky box colors are interesting, strange, and transmit an odd feeling but should be restricted to specific places like swamps, volcanic zones, haunted places,... Some sky box colors are just plain ugly and have no real purpose except diversity. More prevalent "normal colors" would be welcome and contrast nicely with the stranger ones.

At last, but important: the cloud speed is far too high. It is like a constant tempest. From time to time it's great but not always and everywhere.
  • Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:51:22 pm by Prokoz

Re: Adjust dawn/dusk sky box times: Making game world significantly nicer looking
Reply #2
Agree duration of dawn/dusk time is way out of proportion relative to day/night duration.  
YoutubeTwitch

Reply #3
Feels like it's perpetually morning/evening/night and the washed out colors look awful.

Reply #4
Feels like it's perpetually morning/evening/night and the washed out colors look awful.

Not to bump my own thread but I've been trying to record this guide and a really started noticing the duration of the dawn and dusk it's so significantly more than daytime that things are always yellow. If I get a chance to play today I'm actually going to move locations and maybe it's the area?