Skip to main content

Topic: New character vs skilled up character & semi-skilled= different base damage? (Read 259 times) previous topic - next topic

New character vs skilled up character & semi-skilled= different base damage?
@Ub3rgames Day 1 character with no skill level hitting my main (mid 70s stats) and my alt (low 50s) from behind with a starter weapon at the same time, shouldn't the damage be the same if the protections on both characters were the same? no titles on either. Its not a big deal since its less then one point, but its odd that its occurring.

I was messing around with Nvidia's DSR and screen shots when I noticed my brand new mahirim alt did different damage to the other 2 accounts. Everybody is wearing the same thing, brand new cloth bought off the merchant and the numbers all matched and no combat titles on the two accounts.

Is this just the cloth going to the 7th decimal and its different from the merchant every purchase so "technically" the protections are different? I dont think this is the case because the alt crafter did a bit more damage, but still less to the more advanced main character.

Left side is my alt crafter vs new character and main, the right side is new character vs main and alt crafter.

new vs crafter alt = 15.58
new vs main = 15.22

crafter alt vs new = 22.46
crafter alt vs main = 22.38

*again* its less then one whole point and not a big deal, but its odd that its occurring and thought I would mention it in case it means something else is not calculating right as well.

****edited - to make it bit clearer what is happening.
  • Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:56:58 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Re: New character vs skilled up character & semi-skilled= different base damage?
Reply #1
races have different STR from start it can be an answer

Re: New character vs skilled up character & semi-skilled= different base damage?
Reply #2
races have different STR from start it can be an answer
The character is hitting two accounts at the same time (new and the alt ) and getting different numbers for each it just seems odd

- I rewrote it to make things a little more clear
  • Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:58:41 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #3
Try the following:

1) remove all armor gear from all chars
2) try buffing chars before hitting them (use Spellchenting buffs for different attributes) and observe if there's any difference in damage taken, depending on buffed Attributes

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
It might be that the old df1 passives that were "removed" are hiddenly tied to your stats now? so your main maybe has an higher base dmg reduction (albeit very small)?
Have you checked if the main and alt cloths have exactly the same protections too? because there is a bit of randomness in all stats of armor so maybe the one on your main has a slighty better slashing protection?

Reply #5
Ya dun goofed

Reply #6
Read Quickness description, the descriptions are not all accurate anymore but I don't think they ever removed that effect