Skip to main content

Topic: Quest chain with character progression. (Read 98 times) previous topic - next topic

Quest chain with character progression.
With the books and stat potions, it made me think how easy it should be to add a complete story quest chain that when finished you could have a viably built character.

Quests just need a choose your reward system based on the books/potions and have it used immediately.

This would give new players true direction to keep moving forward and not hit that wall in "so now i just shoot this mob over and over?".

This would also allow you to gate quests with difficulty levels knowing a character isn't developed enough at this time and to come back. Give them something to work towards story wise.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Re: Quest chain with character progression.
Reply #1
Solid idea. I used to play a game called The Secret World and it had a very complex char building system.  To make it easier for majority of the players, the game provided a template system. 

Same applies here. Majority of the player don't have patience to read and find out how to proceed.  This type of optional quest chain will give them proper direction and a big boost to positive New Player Experience.
YoutubeTwitch

Reply #2
Solid idea. I used to play a game called The Secret World and it had a very complex char building system.  To make it easier for majority of the players, the game provided a template system. 

Same applies here. Majority of the player don't have patience to read and find out how to proceed.  This type of optional quest chain will give them proper direction and a big boost to positive New Player Experience.

I agree there need to be some default paths set that are at least viable if not optimal so people have a direction until they understand things enough to create their own. The NPE has always been one of DFs major short comings (though i personally loved original launch where we were just dumped in the world with nothing and no direction but our own, but I also know it was a few months before I ran into a real top player who demonstrated what real DF combat was about [grimjaw raided tugh and 1v6ed us lol] and before that had no clue of what toons were capable of) and Ub3r need to put some serious effort into it at some point with tutorial and/or teaching quests.

Reply #3
Agree with OP.  But honestly, these guys don't even have the resources to update text to indicate the crafting tools aren't needed....

Reply #4
Agree with OP.  But honestly, these guys don't even have the resources to update text to indicate the crafting tools aren't needed....
I know... Just wanted to point out with the new books and potions it can be done. Maybe one day....
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.