Skip to main content

Topic: Titles: mage hybrid setup? (Read 1300 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Titles: mage hybrid setup?
Reply #15
Does GS+Archery+brawler+combo necro count lol?

Necro blends pretty well with melee archery, the blinds and the dd damage fill in nicely at that range when archery is not effective (or they are mounted) and the debuffs plus leech fills things out pretty nice. With a decent magnitude staff and how magnitude affects encumbrance now my duration is pretty good as well

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Are the effects from not picking i.e scholar or potent mage that negligible that people gravitate towards more signature spells instead?

Hi, I picked the title of the school that isn't even finished. Here's my opinion on balance and what to pick.
LoL

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #17
I guess {Knives, Archer, Combo, Spellchanting, Light Armor Craft} counts as some sort of archer/melee/mage/crafter hybrid :)
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #18
Whenever these discussions come up, the fact you are generally getting way more bonuses from Armor traits than from Titles gets completely over looked. Since there is no armor that gives magic and melee bonuses is why you don't often see real hybrids. What you have predominately are mages with some melee on the side wearing bone sets (full magic potency bonuses and no melee bonuses).

Well my standard hybrid gear set is bone/gbone upper body [helm chest shoulders arms elbows] scale/fp gloves and studded/tleather lower body [legs girdle greaves and boots] with a q2/3 encumb enchant gets me <1 magic encumb, I would think most hybrids do something similar no?

As a hybrid who uses melee but NOT archery, I would go with bone, and as much metal as I could fit while staying at zero encumb.

I wouldn't use Leather because it does nothing for you as a ranged caster.  Whereas metal gives you defense.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Whenever these discussions come up, the fact you are generally getting way more bonuses from Armor traits than from Titles gets completely over looked. Since there is no armor that gives magic and melee bonuses is why you don't often see real hybrids. What you have predominately are mages with some melee on the side wearing bone sets (full magic potency bonuses and no melee bonuses).

Well my standard hybrid gear set is bone/gbone upper body [helm chest shoulders arms elbows] scale/fp gloves and studded/tleather lower body [legs girdle greaves and boots] with a q2/3 encumb enchant gets me <1 magic encumb, I would think most hybrids do something similar no?

As a hybrid who uses melee but NOT archery, I would go with bone, and as much metal as I could fit while staying at zero encumb.

I wouldn't use Leather because it does nothing for you as a ranged caster.  Whereas metal gives you defense.
You're literally trying to help a guy that died to the equivalent of being beat to death with a pool noodle. He'll still find a way to argue with you even if you're 100% right and your advice is sound
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #20
He still think the battlespike thing gets to me but really its just showing he is so bad he will dodge a guy who died to battle spikes lol

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Yeah, I'm clearly just that bad right.
Fair enough ill be there, not sure ill win
Stay trash
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #22
Stay trash

I hate to break it to you, but no one thinks im the one dodging. I want a fair fight with terms and observers, not some hastily set up ambiguous duel in the place where you and all your troll friends had been hanging out.

But you wont do that....

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Stay trash

I hate to break it to you, but no one thinks im the one dodging. I want a fair fight with terms and observers, not some hastily set up ambiguous duel in the place where you and all your troll friends had been hanging out.

But you wont do that....
Pick an excuse Mycke because one day it's a "setup" the next day it's a troll show where I hastily setup a duel yet somehow tryhard for 8 hours getting warmed up to duel you and then another day we circle back to those damn books.
Fair enough ill be there, not sure ill win but finally one of the big mouths is actually willing to duel me.

@SomeBK  Edit: Actually can we do it Thurs at 6pm thats better for me?

If you're that delusional that you want to say everyone thinks I'm the one dodging and you're not, by all means, whatever makes you feel better. The only thing I wanted everyone to see is how big of a joke you are and I'd say you did a pretty good job of that. I literally can just use your own posts to show how deluded you are and show your potato movement dying to spikes and anyone I care about gets where I'm coming from.

But yet again, there's a whole thread already discussing this where you've obviously been owned because you won't post a photo of the 5 kg books you were lugging around all day.

Come on my little monkey. Get on those pics

Reply #24
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #25
That's a little bit racist?

Reply #26
I prefer a leather/bone mix instead both because it allows me to remain at 0 encumberance with a feather enchant and also because i like the added dmg/speed on melee when i am close quarters. Being a hybrid (mostly mage with just the 1haxe title) i am missing quite a lot of dmg/speed already by having 1 melee title and a lot of melee maluses from the magic titles, so i need all the help i can get from armors.
I will never win a 100% melee fight against a melee specced char, but between shield and decent dmg i can stand my ground and do some nice dmg (coupled with, if i manage to land them :D, melee slow and undeath i still do pretty well in melee combat).

If i just wanted to always avoid melee combat and focus only on magic, i wouldn't have gone hybrid :D, so in the end i prefer melee dmg over more protections.
Things might be different if your melee title is a 2h weapon, so you are less in need of all the dmg boost you can get your hands on

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Uh, I wasn't trying to be.

Reply #28

If Mycke really is a monkey that types and plays video games wouldn't it be speciesism not racism? I'm not sure on the technicalities here.

But yeah this whole duel thing has gotten beyond old, please stop, or at the very least limit it to threads specifically on that topic.

Reply #29
If Mycke really is a monkey that types and plays video games
wtf? That's even more racist. This shit has to stop.
  • Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:11:35 pm by wildNothing