Skip to main content

Topic: new daily quest (Read 467 times) previous topic - next topic

new daily quest
Daily quest to transport goods.
The player brings the required merchandise to the merchant and the business makes the package. The player takes that package to another merchant anywhere on the map and gets a reward.
The greater the distance, the greater the reward.

Players will go to the wilderness, they will accumulate property, other players can attack the transport and steal the package to sell it themselves.

A huge opportunity for PvE players to earn gold and at the same time the inconspicuous possibility for PvP players to hunt other players.
It's a change compared to killing so much and so much
If you're looking for a warrior who can not fight, a magician who can not spell or an archer who can not shoot, then I'm your man.

Re: new daily quest
Reply #1
What additional features do you propose to the Trade Route system already in place?

Reply #2
1 - "tradepack" can create every merchant in world (from gods of players backapack (" 1000 sulfur, 1000 ash, 50 iron, some some leather , ...etc)  can make  tradepack "cairn supply"
i think its good because every player can make it .... and have free choice how much he sell it...
2 - localization of material can make special and expensive tradepack.
3 - every merchan in the world can buy this pack ...  with longer travel your price is higher...
4 - you can sell it in city 1 km away but price is to low to do not repay every material in the pack. you must travel far than  blah blah .. 3 km
5 - in time you can have only one tradepack in your backpack. and its weight is 150 kg ....

than when you sell tradepack made in cairn in humanlands you insert material in cost of 10.000 gold, and sel it in sanguine for 10.000 thats shit
but on nifelheim you can sell it for 20.000  ... (in dwarf land you can sell for it 15.000 .... etc.. )

this can be material sink
  • Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:46:30 am by Dashiel
If you're looking for a warrior who can not fight, a magician who can not spell or an archer who can not shoot, then I'm your man.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
1 - "tradepack" can create every merchant in world (from gods of players backapack (" 1000 sulfur, 1000 ash, 50 iron, some some leather , ...etc)  can make  tradepack "cairn supply"
i think its good because every player can make it .... and have free choice how much he sell it...
2 - localization of material can make special and expensive tradepack.
3 - every merchan in the world can buy this pack ...  with longer travel your price is higher...
4 - you can sell it in city 1 km away but price is to low to do not repay every material in the pack. you must travel far than  blah blah .. 3 km
5 - in time you can have only one tradepack in your backpack. and its weight is 150 kg ....

than when you sell tradepack made in cairn in humanlands you insert material in cost of 10.000 gold, and sel it in sanguine for 10.000 thats shit
but on nifelheim you can sell it for 20.000  ... (in dwarf land you can sell for it 15.000 .... etc.. )

This is interesting.

Good for players who prefer a different style of play/money making/merchanting.

@Ub3rgames
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #4
yes pls i want to be rewarded for avoiding players and playing at 4am

Reply #5
In indev they discussed something along these lines as 'quests for traders' and eventually we will likely see something of the sort, but i doubt they will be in anytime soon since most traders are vets like me who have no need for manufactured quests since I can barely keep up with all the business I have already.

Anyway 'buy orders' should fill some of this need anyway since a trader can look at the market to see what people want, making their own quest to get it and return to fill the order and thats probably all we need in the short term anyway.

Reply #6
DF need thousands of Quests with a decent reward at the end.
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #7

LMFAO - a few more repeatables will do. This isnt a theme park mmo. Game doesnt even have a lore writer.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #8

i correct myself -- DF needs THEN-thousands of Quests (Main%Subs), with special rewards kills attack/defensive skills/spells and secondary abilities. Also fluff like rare-unique Blueprints for characters/weapons/armors/race and kind of "addons" for the specific titles.

Daily Quests should be avaible at the Capital-Cities, different rank - till up to group quests (daily runs). Those should placed asymetrical across the race-lands so that dwarfs have to move to wolfs and orks, humans to orks and alfars.. and so on. A Combination with this kind of rewardable orders and chance for pvp .. people will do.

inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #9
In indev they discussed something along these lines as 'quests for traders' and eventually we will likely see something of the sort, but i doubt they will be in anytime soon since most traders are vets like me who have no need for manufactured quests since I can barely keep up with all the business I have already.

Anyway 'buy orders' should fill some of this need anyway since a trader can look at the market to see what people want, making their own quest to get it and return to fill the order and thats probably all we need in the short term anyway.

You say you have no need of trade quests as you can barely keep up with business you have.

My question is do you do all your business using the game market and or your clan and personal trade.
Regards Gramps
 Ringfain Coastal Traders

Agur Snowdeep
One Eyed

Reply #10

You say you have no need of trade quests as you can barely keep up with business you have.

My question is do you do all your business using the game market and or your clan and personal trade.

I sell maybe 100-200k a week on the market (but ive been too busy mat hunting to stock them well but plan on doing so soon and that amount should double or triple id guess)but most of my business is direct contact since im mainly a contractor for rare mats, often ill see a 'wtb' and if I like the price ill do business., be it for gear or mats. My clan is just my main and 2 crafting alts but i am in an alliance of small alfar clans and get a fair amount of biz through them as well.

I offer unique services like going and farming specifically to get mats for people in reasonable time frames and because im a mat hunter I have a good supply on hand so I can craft and enchant as needed on the spot, so im just not a 'you can buy what im offering'  deal here, but more a 'I can get/make what ever you need' and i dont think I have much competition in this way.
  • Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:54:49 pm by Mycke

Reply #11
Thanks for the detailed answer Mycke.
Regards Gramps
 Ringfain Coastal Traders

Agur Snowdeep
One Eyed