Skip to main content

Poll

Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled.

• Yes
    15 (46.9%)
  • No
    8 (25%)
  • Get an alt like everyone else you whiney prick
    4 (12.5%)
  • Anyone can smelt/cut but Laborers get a bonus to speed and/or yield
    5 (15.6%)
  • Other
    0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: June 17, 2018, 05:25:03 am

Topic: Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled. (Read 913 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled.
Reply #30
Open this up - Harvesting can/will still be the guy gathering the mats from the nodes, that's the work - risk/reward.  If you open up processing skills you may find the market for the raw mats increases.

Having to hand off to an alt or a guildie - so someone else can go afk whilst the stuff processes - isn't creating a specialized niche for craftsmen, its pure tedium.  As has been mentioned before - people are actually saving a spare title slot so they can bulk craft the lvl 1 stuff - 1 slot gives me taming, lumber and iron and cooking.  Especially adding mob dropping refined mats, means there is no market or margin to be made in refining basic mats.

Please understand the markets are very regional - other races don't have the luxury of an army of crafting obsessed dorfs stocking  the markets - go roll an wolf/ork or alfar - see how much you can buy on the market, contrast that to what it takes to skill up to mastery (and beyond).  Maybe when buy orders are implemented and we have a better population, the market would be an option, I still doubt it.

• Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:47:50 pm by Rhuk Greybeard

Reply #31
Well I rolled an alt ...
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #33
Well I rolled an alt ...

Pickup cooking and Taming

Stock pile
50 mounts
500 woods
500 meat jerky
500 ingots

You can now just exchange these for raw mats and tips. Then off hour re cut, smelt, cook to replanish your reserve.  Rinse and repeat and you will have a nice side income. Many will add you to friend list and become a repeat customer.

Reply #34
Well I rolled an alt ...

This is an honest question directed at anybody who thinks you should be able to smelt ore or refine Timber.

If you can't craft the item in the first place why do you need to be able to complete the first step? You're going to take the materials to the Crafter anyway doesn't matter if it's refined beyond the weight?

Reply #35
Well I rolled an alt ...

This is an honest question directed at anybody who thinks you should be able to smelt ore or refine Timber.

If you can't craft the item in the first place why do you need to be able to complete the first step? You're going to take the materials to the Crafter anyway doesn't matter if it's refined beyond the weight?

(sorry for like unlike was meaning to quote)

There is the element of 'oh I have to processes too' and i know I much prefer processed mats when crafting for people.

Reply #36
Well I rolled an alt ...

(sorry for like unlike was meaning to quote)

There is the element of 'oh I have to processes too' and i know I much prefer processed mats when crafting for people.

I totally agree it's a hassle I would really like to see them increase the quantity processed/shorter time to process. I think they should do that, I'm just finding now that I used to be irked that I couldn't refine it but then I refined it with my alt and I still can't do any with it because I can't craft anything lol. It just seems like there can be a different approach to making this better and I'm not sure allowing everybody to do it is it

Reply #37
Well I rolled an alt ...

My main had archery, knives, combo, spellchanting, light armor crafting.
I needed the ingots for the light armor.

Theres (at least) four ways you can play this game.
- max/min pvp
- pve focus
- crafting focus
- do what you enjoy and compromise on 1, 2, and 3

I've now done this:

Main: archery, knives, light armor, bowyer, laborer
Alt: air, fire, infliction, weaponsmith, laborer

Just playing the way I enjoy.
Would still love to drop labourer on both toons but at least I now have enough variation in titles to keep things interesting.

Reply #38
Well I rolled an alt ...

- max/min pvp
- pve focus
- crafting focus

I've now done this:

Would still love to drop labourer on both toons but at least I now have enough variation in titles to keep things interesting.

Only keep labor on one and then use the other as a 'rotating slot' so you have one that can do rares and one that can rotate back to labor when ever you need extra processing

Reply #39
Yeh the labourer on the alt will eventually become alchemist.
Logistically its easier to have it on both for now.

Reply #40
Well I rolled an alt ...

- max/min pvp
- pve focus
- crafting focus

I've now done this:

Oh I get ya, you can craft it but not refine the materials.

They should change it so crafting is proprietary, if you have the light armor crafting title that unlocks the labor title abilities.

Reply #41
Well I rolled an alt ...

- max/min pvp
- pve focus
- crafting focus

I've now done this:

Don't you now have TWO characters you have to level Enchanting on? 

Or God forbid, you're using unencjanted weapons.  <claps hands over his ears>

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
Well I rolled an alt ...

- max/min pvp
- pve focus
- crafting focus

I've now done this:

Don't you now have TWO characters you have to level Enchanting on? 

Or God forbid, you're using unencjanted weapons.  <claps hands over his ears>
Is it possible to enchant EVERYTHING with only one character?
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #43
To enchant leather armor you need that title. To enchant staves you need Alchemy. A character can enchant up to 5 different types of items max.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
To enchant leather armor you need that title. To enchant staves you need Alchemy. A character can enchant up to 5 different types of items max.
Ok so
1. Weapon
2. Staff
3. Light Armor
4. Heavy Armor
5. Shields

Does that cover everything that's enchantable? I feel like something is missing