Skip to main content

Poll

Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled.

• Yes
    15 (46.9%)
  • No
    8 (25%)
  • Get an alt like everyone else you whiney prick
    4 (12.5%)
  • Anyone can smelt/cut but Laborers get a bonus to speed and/or yield
    5 (15.6%)
  • Other
    0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: June 17, 2018, 05:25:03 am

Topic: Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled. (Read 914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled.
Reply #15
By the same logic, let's make all leather need to be cured before it can be used in crafts, all cloth pieces refined into usable cloth, etc.
Let's make Bow strings require Leather-working title, and then people who make Bows need to buy Strings from other players.

If you wanna add to the depth (at possible risk of adding tedium), let's do it.

Not really because both cloth and leather can't be gather AFK.

Reply #16
Few things that consistently sells in the market are arrows and food. You guys want to kill that?

Reply #17
again, the problem is not laborer title. The less self sufficient you are the better. The problem is that there is no other way to get around this but to bother/ask for someone to smelt/cut for you. So the solution is not to allow everyone to smelt/cut, but to implement crafting orders with a proposed fee. And/or trading contracts.

Crafting orders - You leave your stuff at workbench, add a fee and if fee is reasonable or if someone needs skill - he will do it.

or

Trading contracts - You leave trading contract that you want to exchange x ore for y ingots. If ratio is ok - boom, done.

You don't even have to be online. You just check next time you log in. What you suggest guys are just ways to turn DND into old darkfall. Zero imagination.

If crafting orders were available now I'd agree with you 100%.

In the interim can we:
Update Smelt_Iron set Min_Title = 0.0
Update Wood_Cut set Min_Title = 0.0

Done.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #18
would kill crafting is the one thing that makes dedicated crafters needed

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
would kill crafting is the one thing that makes dedicated crafters needed
This guy sees the vision
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #20
As someone said - sell basic mats, buy finished products. Or pay titled smelter.

or buy alt acc

every problem in the game can be fixed by buying more alts

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
As someone said - sell basic mats, buy finished products. Or pay titled smelter.

or buy alt acc

AltFall
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #22

or buy alt acc

I didn't think of that

(or maybe its an option in the poll)

Reply #23
No title, no role for harvesters. Yes it is inconvenient for the rest of us, but there has to be a place for these folks.

Reply #24
No title, no role for harvesters. Yes it is inconvenient for the rest of us, but there has to be a place for these folks.

Do you have people in the human/dwarf/elf faction that harvest to sell their mats on the market?
Please ask some of them to reroll as orks :)

Reply #25
If it is just basic stuff like ingots wood drop combat title pick up laborer refine mats  drop laborer and take combat title again lose 10-15 points no biggie just do bulk make it worth it

Reply #26
If it is just basic stuff like ingots wood drop combat title pick up laborer refine mats  drop laborer and take combat title again lose 10-15 points no biggie just do bulk make it worth it

That's probably what I'll do. 10% is about a weeks worth of titling so dropping to 90% and instantly regaining utility skills after a bulk (once a week) smelt/chop makes sense. Would probably make food, mounts etc at the same time before swapping it back.

Not really what Uber want us to do with their inertia model but practically very sensible.

10/10 good sir.

Reply #27
Poll needs more options so we don't have to wade through pages of debate.  Different people have different ideas, and a poll should capture MOST of the possibilities.

A few examples of what could be added to existing poll:

- Anyone can smelt/cut but Laborers get a bonus to speed and/or yield
- none of these options adequately reflects my opinion

Reply #28
Poll needs more options so we don't have to wade through pages of debate.  Different people have different ideas, and a poll should capture MOST of the possibilities.

A few examples of what could be added to existing poll:

- Anyone can smelt/cut but Laborers get a bonus to speed and/or yield
- none of these options adequately reflects my opinion

Done - and votes can now be changed.

Reply #29
If you want to do every basic crafting you can keep a title slot to change on the spot.
If you need iron ingot or processed wood you can find it on mobs.
You can always buy shit on the market.

The only valid argument is that if you craft leather you are unable to process one of your basic resource (iron ingot), which is annoying but nothing more. (valid also for bowyer,...)

So we could imagine that some titles like leather working, bowyer, alchemy,... would allow to craft iron ingot or wood at some point, only the basic resources.

I'm not sure I agree with that, but it seems a reasonable compromise.