Skip to main content

Poll

Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled.

• Yes
    15 (46.9%)
  • No
    8 (25%)
  • Get an alt like everyone else you whiney prick
    4 (12.5%)
  • Anyone can smelt/cut but Laborers get a bonus to speed and/or yield
    5 (15.6%)
  • Other
    0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: June 17, 2018, 05:25:03 am

Topic: Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled. (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled.
I agree that smelting of rare ores should be under a title, but cmon, iron ingots should be craftable by anyone.

The quick fix would be to change the title requirement of woodcutting and iron ore smelting from 1.0 to 0.0

I can then happily keep my current titles: archer, knives, combo, spellchanting, light armour crafting and play the way I'd like to without having to ask others to smelt or to roll an alt.

Please consider this.

Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck
(Yes I finally made an alt)
Darkfall New Dawn - the game you play when you grow out of Fortnite

Re: Allow smelting of iron and cutting of wood to be untitled.
Reply #1
100% yes. No fucking point having a clan crafter be burdened with "can you smelt/cut this for me?"

Keep rare ores to titles if you wanna be all "buuuut the vishun"
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Affiliated Mandrake Dealers

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Just take your raw materials to the local market and buy their refined forms for whatever the local smelter/woodcutter is offering.

Visiun goggles on boys
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #3
Would it be so bad allowing ANYONE to do R0 gear/crafts? Especially now that anyone can buy R0-R30 gear from NPC Vendors...

Originally, Crafting Titles were to be required for Mastery Crafting anyhow.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:09:03 am by Wyverex
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
Would it be so bad allowing ANYONE to do R0 gear/crafts? Especially now that anyone can buy R0-R30 gear from NPC Vendors...

Originally, Crafting Titles were to be required for Mastery Crafting anyhow.
I see a lot of vets wanting to craft R0. Buy why? Will you ever wear this junk? New players after doing few quest can buy R20s from market and vendor. 
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

Reply #5
2 min food*, smelting, cutting wood, arrows, ... and more importantly - allow new players to see crafting first hand without (wasting) title slot for it.

* 5 min food should be moved to Cooking 25

EDIT: I'd be perfectly fine with untitled R0 crafts taking longer to do than titled
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:33:20 am by Wyverex

Reply #6
Maybe what they need is like  a cantrip school but for crafting that has arrows, plain cloth bags, cooking fish, all r0 gear and basic mat processing and then make laborer process faster based on title level (since its so slow and this promotes commitment) and then fix gear crafting so people dont have to make 500+ of each low tier gear no one really wants.

Reply #7
EDIT: I'd be perfectly fine with untitled R0 crafts taking longer to do than titled
This good idea.
Dolly Monk

Reply #8
I see few people here that want basic smelting and woodcutting to be untitled. Yet I see zero arguments. Only "I want!".
As someone said - sell basic mats, buy finished products. Or pay titled smelter.

You know why you even perceive titled smelting and woodcutting as a problem? Because you sit day after day on player city nodes that give you hundreds of materials while you drink your coffee. You don't have room in your titles for laborer, because you are pvp titled and still you get tons of materials only because faulty game design (player city nodes). Now you want to push it even further in the wrong direction (of pvp players being more and more self sufficient).

I voted NO.

Instead of allowing everyone to smelt and cut wood I'd rather see crafting orders with a proposed fee implemented.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:29:39 am by wildNothing

Reply #9
I see few people here that want basic smelting and woodcutting to be untitled. Yet I see zero arguments. Only "I want!".
As someone said - sell basic mats, buy finished products. Or pay titled smelter.

You know why you even perceive titled smelting and woodcutting as a problem? Because you sit day after day on player city nodes that give you hundreds of materials while you drink your coffee. You don't have room in your titles for laborer, because you are fully pvp titled and still you get tons of materials only because faulty game design (player city nodes). Now you want to push it even further in the wrong direction (of pvp players being more and more self sufficient).

I voted NO.

As I said, my titles are: archer, knives, combo, spellchanting, light armour crafting
PvE - archer, knives
PvP - archer, spellchanting
Crafting - Light Armour

What I think Uber failed to get right so far is that titles don't let a player effectively both PvE AND PvP.

With my shitty 380 ping I play for the risky pve, helping with a siege or VCP is the icing.

So while I understand your generalisation - please don't assume we all play this game the same way.

I will attempt the sell/buy method, I will also try to focus on PvE with mobs that drop more ingots, but what I don't want to do is ask guildies to do menial tasks for me and I don't want to be forced to alt. I'm looking at the studded leather progression and thinking this will take a while.

The other option of course is to drop Spellchanting for now, bank 10 title books, and repeat as necessary.
Can't imagine thats whats expected though.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:19:20 am by Alberton

Reply #10
As I said, my titles are: archer, knives, combo, spellchanting, light armour crafting
PvE - archer, knives
Crafting - Light Armour

What I think Uber failed to get right so far is that titles don't let a player effectively both PvE AND PvP.

With my shitty 380 ping I play for the risky pve, helping with a siege or VCP is the icing.

So while I understand your generalisation - please don't assume we all play this game the same way.
Good, less self sufficient everyone is - better for the game. You are exact example of what I said - pvp titles don't allow you to fit another crafting title. Your choice. But even if you were full crafter - we need laborer title to not allow players to specialize in too many things at once. Why? Look at first sentence again.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:22:49 am by wildNothing

Reply #11
PvE - archer, knives
Crafting - Light Armour

Good, less self sufficient everyone is - better for the game. You are exact example of what I said - pvp titles don't allow you to fit another crafting title. Your choice. But even if you were full crafter - we need laborer title to not allow players to specialize in too many things at once. Why? Look at first sentence again.

Things I currently can't do.
- make my own bows (or enchant it)
- make my own knives (or enchant it)
- make my own staff (or enchant it)
- make some robes or heavy to blend my gear (or enchant them)
- use title skills from any other skill
- make my own mounts
- make my own food
- make my own bags

...and you know what, I'm fine with that, but at least let me create the materials to use in my one crafting title while having 2 pvp and 2 pve specialties. Is that really so much to ask?

Of course we will continue to agree to disagree, that's fine. I am concerned that it is too restrictive just now.

Reply #12
again, the problem is not laborer title. The less self sufficient you are the better. The problem is that there is no other way to get around this but to bother/ask for someone to smelt/cut for you. So the solution is not to allow everyone to smelt/cut, but to implement crafting orders with a proposed fee. And/or trading contracts.

Crafting orders - You leave your stuff at workbench, add a fee and if fee is reasonable or if someone needs skill - he will do it.

or

Trading contracts - You leave trading contract that you want to exchange x ore for y ingots. If ratio is ok - boom, done.

You don't even have to be online. You just check next time you log in. What you suggest guys are just ways to turn DND into old darkfall. Zero imagination.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:38:33 am by wildNothing

Reply #13
By the same logic, let's make all leather need to be cured before it can be used in crafts, all cloth pieces refined into usable cloth, etc.
Let's make Bow strings require Leather-working title, and then people who make Bows need to buy Strings from other players.

If you wanna add to the depth (at possible risk of adding tedium), let's do it.

Reply #14
I don't agree. The crafting is there precisely for us to depend on it. The more you have, the less the same crafters will be. If we start removing some crafting, we'll end up with all crafters doing the same shit. I understand the frustration to depand on a specific crafter but it's all the same for everyone when we need something. Specially those maxed crafters that focus like crazy "weapons/armors"  since launch and then logging in rarely just to do meditation and to lazy to gather mats to craft  and selling them at market. To resume, our problem is more about low population and lazy crafters that just wanna overprice their expertise without doing their own job or simply not online.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:55:24 am by Player One