Skip to main content

Topic: Population IS RISING UP! (Read 3036 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Population IS RISING UP!
Reply #30
People playing the dead forum of a 'dead game' calling those who play the game losers.

#selfawareness
i don't play on this forum, i slay, bit like that guy who killed you with just light battlespikes in a dead game lol

The sting.

He thinks it does so every post he makes mentions it, ive been laughing for weeks lol
Trust me, we all laughing at you in this video, thank you so much for being so retarded LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1blK-lG96U

Lmfao. The still image alone!!!
I'm dying right now
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #31
population is going up very slowly..  still no where close to original DFO in good old days..
one can hope that this slow and steady development will attract more and more ppl coz darkfall has always been all about ppl..

Reply #32
The population will go nuts once territory control hits.

The foundations are looking solid now, time to put the walls up.

You can already see some of the smarter groups positioning for it.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #33
I see a lot forum activity, especialy in suggestion. Also, we have many new players in Rus discord chanel. Its need some time to saw more ppl in game, just wait a bit.  And Mantra every f#ucking day link in discord pvp video, what he record.

Also, last changes was wonderfull and as i think @Ub3rgames got a lot of trust from ppl. Ppl saw, what game move in right direction and will be brillliant in future.
I see a lot of love to DarkFall from former players, what make Ub3rgames. That love i see in changes, what they do in game. You know, some days ago i translated all changes on russian and it was about 8 pages in Word!

I know, some whinners will come and they will say what game is dead, but just ignore they. And i say to them - backoff! If you love this game, why you writing on forum (what see ppl who come to play) what game will dead? What world is empty? Its not good to server, you very doing bad job. As for me - I bought two accounts and think about tihrd. And spend a lot of time in Darkfall, what show how i trust in future of DarkFall.

The only thing that excites me - thats developers dont get money for their great work from players. I respect decision not to pay a subscription fee for some time. I think, that good decision to not lost playerbase before they make more content. But i would think about some service, what can give money to developers before they turn on subscription fee back.
It can be race change for money (like 20-30$) or namechange for big money (100-150$?). I know, namechange is not good - but this can support a game and not will affect on game balance. As player i support this.

Thx, @Ub3rgames for great games! I trust you and belive in futre of DarkFall.

wbr, Dolly Monk

Ебанулся что-ли

Reply #34
We have had two new players this week and nobody quitting.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35

Nice Tolbin. Is this two additional players to your consistent 1-2 players you've been adding since launch or are these players just honorable mentions for the week?
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #36

Nice Tolbin. Is this two additional players to your consistent 1-2 players you've been adding since launch or are these players just honorable mentions for the week?

5 months x 4 weeks x 2 players per week and nobody quit  = 40 active players in OTG? They must be playing in the NA server!

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37

5 months x 4 weeks x 2 players per week and nobody quit  = 40 active players in OTG? They must be playing in the NA server!
Tolbin's about to lead the charge for server domination with that army he has. Kudos to him for keeping them all engaged and playing

Reply #38

Tolbin's about to lead the charge for server domination with that army he has. Kudos to him for keeping them all engaged and playing
Tolbin couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, lol.
dodgy bastard

Reply #39
We have not had a new player every week... our active playerbase right now is about 15, for folks who log in every day or so. We are a casual group, so there are very few who play 24/7. We are getting most of our recruits from our home guild, which is a tough sell as they have been burned a few times. But we are able to entice a person here, and a person there, to give it a try, and they are staying. So that's all good. The bindstone quest patch is being eagerly anticipated.

Reply #40

I disagree

Regardless of how good the game gets or the added features, only a wipe relaunch (preferably with the server in NY) in January 2019ish would be the catalyst for a population explosion

Anyone who disagrees with that simply doesn't doesn't understand the psychology of the average MMORPG player or know MMO history/ marketing trends

Ub3rgames isnt willing to do that though, so the game is pretty much doomed to a middling existence at best, which sucks because i think by the end of 2018 it will be quite a good game that would really appeal to people from a launch state

• Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:36:47 pm by Battle Smurf

Reply #41
Wipe would be a disaster.  Soft wipe would work and has been the staple for most MMOs.

Full wipe:
- lose many of the core followers
- would never shake the rep of being a game that will wipe when they deem necessary.  A prohibitive feature for many players

Soft wipe:
- raise skill and stat caps to 125, make the first 100 vastly faster to achieve
- introduce new gear better than the old gear, make old gear 3x easier to get

That way those who have invested much time will maintain SOME benefit for all their efforts.

Reply #42
Soft wipe and hard wipe are too risky and didn't work for DFUW. They need to add sinks yesterday and do reset on few broken items/ resources.

Reply #43

I disagree

Regardless of how good the game gets or the added features, only a wipe relaunch (preferably with the server in NY) in January 2019ish would be the catalyst for a population explosion

Anyone who disagrees with that simply doesn't doesn't understand the psychology of the average MMORPG player or know MMO history/ marketing trends

Ub3rgames isnt willing to do that though, so the game is pretty much doomed to a middling existence at best, which sucks because i think by the end of 2018 it will be quite a good game that would really appeal to people from a launch state

We will have to agree to disagree. I think a game like Fortnite shows the power of word of mouth once you get the design right.

What really concerns me though is what will happen to the population once games like Vault 76 come out.
Ubergames need to get their designs implemented by September/October before these new titles do their Christmas rush.

We need the first implementation of warfronts etc very soon to build population/loyalty well before then. Even now its going to be difficult to get media airtime and when they do they will be compared against these future titles.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #44
7 straight uncontested mid map villages last night NA time... :(

Maybe a one time thing except we ended up naked running and alt to aldendau after we noticed it was live for 40 minutes tonight at 8pm EST.

I'm all for this game succeeding, just wanted to share my recent experience.

What is stopping people from going to villages lately?