Skip to main content

Topic: Population IS RISING UP! (Read 3033 times) previous topic - next topic

Population IS RISING UP!
I see a lot forum activity, especialy in suggestion. Also, we have many new players in Rus discord chanel. Its need some time to saw more ppl in game, just wait a bit.  And Mantra every f#ucking day link in discord pvp video, what he record.

Also, last changes was wonderfull and as i think @Ub3rgames got a lot of trust from ppl. Ppl saw, what game move in right direction and will be brillliant in future.
I see a lot of love to DarkFall from former players, what make Ub3rgames. That love i see in changes, what they do in game. You know, some days ago i translated all changes on russian and it was about 8 pages in Word!

I know, some whinners will come and they will say what game is dead, but just ignore they. And i say to them - backoff! If you love this game, why you writing on forum (what see ppl who come to play) what game will dead? What world is empty? Its not good to server, you very doing bad job. As for me - I bought two accounts and think about tihrd. And spend a lot of time in Darkfall, what show how i trust in future of DarkFall.

The only thing that excites me - thats developers dont get money for their great work from players. I respect decision not to pay a subscription fee for some time. I think, that good decision to not lost playerbase before they make more content. But i would think about some service, what can give money to developers before they turn on subscription fee back.
It can be race change for money (like 20-30$) or namechange for big money (100-150$?). I know, namechange is not good - but this can support a game and not will affect on game balance. As player i support this.

Thx, @Ub3rgames for great games! I trust you and belive in futre of DarkFall.

wbr, Dolly Monk
  • Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:27:40 am by xsevenbeta
Dolly Monk

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Population IS RISING UP!
Reply #1
This is good news. Let's hope it keeps trending up and maybe the icing on the cake can be an enhanced new player experience that can retain new players and it should really keep trending upwards
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #2
This is good news.
Not really news. I'd say fake news. Game's in stagnation. Around 100 same people paying. Maybe a little bit more. It's really bad.

Reply #3
I really wish default binds got a change / update.
Interface can be set up nicely, but it takes quite a while to do it, which is very offputting to new players, at least in my opinion.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
I really wish default binds got a change / update.
Interface can be set up nicely, but it takes quite a while to do it, which is very offputting to new players, at least in my opinion.
Exactly! I think, new players must have preconfigured hotbars and weapon bar with hotkeys to transfers, self-heal, etc.
Dolly Monk

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
It's only up after you reach the bottom!

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #6
It's only up after you reach the bottom!
dodgy bastard

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Pop is under 200 on at peak time @Ub3rgames @Ub3r-Communication
TooLate TheHero - LFC till I die

Reply #8
lol k
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #9
@xsevenbeta personally I think paid name change is fine, as long as the history of name changes is accessible.   E.g. a clan leader recruiting a new player can easily look up previous names.

Reply #10
it wont stop dying until a proper tutorial is implemented

every noob asking about crafting tools in chat and they dont even know that important game features like titles/meditation exist because game doesnt tell players how anything works

Reply #11
Agreed, it's absolutely mind boggling that they don't make the minuscule effort to update basic text like the necessity of tools in crafting.

Reply #12
DJ is that you?
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #13
This is good news.
Not really news. I'd say fake news. Game's in stagnation. Around 100 same people paying. Maybe a little bit more. It's really bad.
real online is ~20 players and their 50 alts. Also ~60-80% of the server just log in for a 15 min siege once a month.Thats it.
3 ex epoch and 3 rats at villages.
And i can tell you why its so. Because devs set everything against last players.Nobody needs 2 hours riding gameplay.
Yesterday i saw a guy in chaos city.He was trying to kill himself with manamissle.Because he wanted to teleport.You think this game is ok,if you need to kill urself to travel,lol.No this game is not ok,this game is mad experiment.And nobody in his sane mind will play this.Local banks can only work with high online,or if you cut map to niffelheim size.But when online is low,you just loosing last players because of local banks and no teleports.
If gm or dev played as common player in a clan,atleast for a 2 weeks,he could see why players leaving.But devs dont see real situation in game with player eyes.They just have their ideas in their minds,but reality in game is different.
When guys transfering bank from one location to another,it feels like a prank.You riding from one empty town,to another,through empty world.
Sometimes i  think they just watching at you,donkeys,and laughing.Because nobody will run naked from bindstones.Only fooled donkeys.
Stupid things and hardcore is different things.Its not hard to ride 2 hours or transfer bank,but when nobody is playing then its just total autism.
  • Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:30:10 am by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #14
You're not adding anything here.  Clearly local banking is stupid in an empty world, but trying to get PvP is equally stupid.  The reason you're not adding anything is because it would be foolish for them to design around the CURRENT pop.  Obviously they hope for more pop and should design around the expectation of getting more. 

If they knew for sure would stay at 100 concurrent users in the long term, they would close the game and stop wasting their time.

So, bitching about how the game feels funny with a low pop is wasting your breath. Design decisions need to be based around the assumption of a bare minimum of 500 concurrent players.