Skip to main content

Topic: selfsustained pvp magefall (Read 545 times) previous topic - next topic

selfsustained pvp magefall
Hey! I stop playing roa and not gonna go back there, but I was wondering if I should give a try to dnd:

1) I don't like farming, but I like the idea of a challenging miniboss of the last patch. does it works like warhammer online public quests where everyone rushed in and do some coop to get a reward?

2) I hate enchanting, it's way too tedius, has it been changed in dnd?

3) how long does it take to make a pvp bag?

4) is it possible to play 100% pvp? I mean, from a village to the next one, or is there a place where I can always do pvp and get reward for doing it? I can see there is something on the roadmap but I'm not sure if it include it.
I like things like ESO where you teleport to the nearest town, and walk to the enemy keep, or rush to defend one under attack, and maybe get rewarded with renown points to buy equip.

5) I only like the mage part, I want something to be as close as the original darkfall in terms of gameplay. What I mean by that is that I want to spam spells, nuke, ray, aoe, heals, buffs. I don't have any interest in 1hand weap or stuff like that.

should I give it a try or it is not for me? will it be in a future if it isn't right now?
thanks

Re: selfsustained pvp magefall
Reply #1
you can give a try, you can be pure mage with out melee at all, no problem with that. But pure pvp...How will you make your character than? ) Sorry but it is impossible with out PvE. Atleast for now. May be latter market will be full of skill books and stat potions, but not 4 days after the patch....

Reply #2
1) champion spawn isn't a mini boss. Just the same mob that does more damage and has more health. It drops unique rewards that help level faster.
We all expect this to be expanded on as the game goes but no time soon.

2) better gear requires to be enchanted. You don't need to learn enchanting on your own. You can only enchant what you can craft anyways. Look into title system.

3) it isn't that bad. I've only ever made gear in bulk and it lasts a while it i don't die too much.

4) not really. You earn mediation from winning villages and can log off, but you really need to pve for skills and materials. There is no fast travel and currently villages can roll into some dead zone times that require travel to find one.
Yes, road map has more involved pvp systems but they aren't here yet.

5) yes, you can be mage and complete in this version.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #3
Mage is a BIG grind compared to melee-archer; you'll be at a handicap for months.

IMO if you don't like grind and PvE, ROA is a better fit.  Unless you get a really supportive clan who helps you out in a big way.

Reply #4
Mage is a BIG grind compared to melee-archer; you'll be at a handicap for months.

IMO if you don't like grind and PvE, ROA is a better fit.  Unless you get a really supportive clan who helps you out in a big way.

Grind has been taken out of the game a fair bit with the new skill/title potions and books which help you gain XP and stats easily (game has been made more easy mode now).

Reply #5

Grind has been taken out of the game a fair bit with the new skill/title potions and books which help you gain XP and stats easily (game has been made more easy mode now).
Well the grind for mages is in the subschools. After hitting 50 it slows down immensely
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #6
Hey! I stop playing roa and not gonna go back there, but I was wondering if I should give a try to dnd:

1) I don't like farming, but I like the idea of a challenging miniboss of the last patch. does it works like warhammer online public quests where everyone rushed in and do some coop to get a reward?

2) I hate enchanting, it's way too tedius, has it been changed in dnd?

4) is it possible to play 100% pvp? I mean, from a village to the next one, or is there a place where I can always do pvp and get reward for doing it? I can see there is something on the roadmap but I'm not sure if it include it.
I like things like ESO where you teleport to the nearest town, and walk to the enemy keep, or rush to defend one under attack, and maybe get rewarded with renown points to buy equip.

5) I only like the mage part, I want something to be as close as the original darkfall in terms of gameplay. What I mean by that is that I want to spam spells, nuke, ray, aoe, heals, buffs. I don't have any interest in 1hand weap or stuff like that.

should I give it a try or it is not for me? will it be in a future if it isn't right now?
thanks

1. do you have slaves?

2. Same as in DFO, no rings/amulets though, maybe that helps your cause

3. mage bag? assuming you have the crafter you can have infinite gear from the stuff you farm to raise ur skills, unless you want high end mage gear - both because mage gear is easier to farm and because mage skills takes forever to raise

4. cut one 0 from the end, you come closer to actual percentage

5. you can spam spells, rotate them, whatever, without the need for melee skills, however mage srenght lies in the mobility tools and stamina drain, not direct damage, aoe or knockups as before.

It's not for you, and it will not be fore you in the near future.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #7
Yes, you should give it a try.  Just find a good clan to show u the ropes/holding with good spawns and you'll be good to go in about a months time because a veteran should know what they are doing by that time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Worst case scenario, you decide it's not what you thought and stop playing.  You now have an account active(until they turn on subscription service again), and you can come and go as you please each update or let friends try the game.  (Who hasn't thrown away leftover food before?)

Or, wait until Ub3rgames has another free to play week and go from there.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Try Mount and Blade or Chivalry sounds like you don't want an MMO.

Reply #9
Try Mount and Blade or Chivalry sounds like you don't want an MMO.
I love them both, but I also play mmorpg too, eso, daoc, wow, warhammer online are my favourites.

thanks for the advices, it doesn't seems the game for me atm, but I'll definitly give it another look in the future.

thank you.

Reply #10
You can buy a lot of stuff from the markets. Some racial markets are more active than others. In the elf cap, for example, the last time I checked there was a lot of r50 gear. Some clans will sell as well. You will want gold to buy, of course. If you are red then you have a problem, as you cannot go into the racial cities and the chaos city markets have less in them, I think. There are other penalties for being red, so think carefully about your choices.

Reply #11

i dont think you need a ready pvp bags in this version lol

Reply #12
You can buy a lot of stuff from the markets.
Bullshit. Very hard to buy something on market,and its mostly overpriced. If you analyze markets,you will see evidence we playing with shit comunity and very shit ppl.
We also need market moderator,because they shitting there.Ofcourse there was some good guys sales,but mostly faggots on market.No wonder why game is dead,players made from shit.
  • Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 06:07:02 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #13

rays is broken,magic is broken.Maybe comehither is good. Magic do only damage now,but effects is shit,so pvp is boring.
You cant be selfsustained skilled pvper in this version.Its like 1v1 now.No more magic.
And you better play warrior now. Everyone is melee clone now with 5 leather and 5 heavy parts. Melee is old and good.But u cant begone hahaha.
I know 7 rays without cd was op,but why they killed all rays now i dont know.1-2 old rays with cd is what we need,not this new crap.Dont have combo now.They think they have,but its like joke now,looks unskillful boring shit,like MO. They think instant cast for 1 spell is bad,but why warriors have instant melee swings then lol.
GIVE US OLD RAYS FOR MAIN TITLE SCHOOL.

p.s you know what is funny,they said "rayfest" was shit,but nobody playing dnd either lol.  Only me is playing,last samurai. And i need maaagiiiccc.
  • Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 06:28:08 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde