Skip to main content

Topic: Crafting Titles (Read 288 times) previous topic - next topic

Crafting Titles
Cut the time gate on crafting in half leave combat 

Re: Crafting Titles
Reply #1
Sorry, no - I don't see any reason why crafting should have it's titles increase twice as fast as non-crafting titles and I think the current speed is fine. Titles introduce a system where players need to choose how they want to play their characters, without being locked in, but still needing time if you want to respec.

What's your reason for suggesting they improve more quickly?
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #2
I'm guessing his suggestion comes from the need/want to be able to make everything in-house, without being dependent on trading and marketplaces.
And I kinda understand him - marketplaces are a joke for most people.

Alfar markets are pretty dead. Chaos markets even worse. And then there's people living on the 4 big islands who don't have any markets available.

But I don't think changes to titles will solve the big issue - I'd rather see proper trade tools introduced.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #3
Sorry, no - I don't see any reason why crafting should have it's titles increase twice as fast as non-crafting titles and I think the current speed is fine. Titles introduce a system where players need to choose how they want to play their characters, without being locked in, but still needing time if you want to respec.

because i just changed titles and instead of playing i'm playing other games.  Waiting for a title restrictions, on when you can craft what level is pointless when everything is in game  you wonder why there are no crafters left and the markets suck i'm a crafter thinking of moving on instead of playing the waiting game

Reply #4
dont bother arguing with people, nobody wants new players to get on the same level as them because they are scared of losing fights when they actually leave their playercity

Reply #5

because i just changed titles and instead of playing i'm playing other games.  Waiting for a title restrictions, on when you can craft what level is pointless when everything is in game you wonder why there are no crafters left and the markets suck i'm a crafter thinking of moving on instead of playing the waiting game

This is exactly why the title system exists. You can't switch titles and immediately grind up to 100 simply by throwing gold and/or grinding 24/7. And while it's easy to outpace title increase at lower skill levels, I expect you'll find as you increase crafting skill that you fall behind the title increase. Yes, if you level a craft, switch out, and switch back in, it'll take time to level the title again. Switching crafts can thankfully be done, but shouldn't be taken lightly and properly punishes hopping.

The issue with lack of crafters isn't because of the title system, but because you have to grind 1000s of  items that can't be sold to players because the population is much too small to support the number of items that get crafted. I used to craft and sell hundreds of low level staffs in DFO while levelling. Now, I sell them for a pittance to npc traders just to get a little gold back. And the players that are here have gold to spare for higher rank items and aren't interested in low rank gear. And too many want to level crafts simply to gear themselves, expecting to hop between crafts, which isn't the point of crafting.

Personally, I'd be more supportive of a suggestion to significantly increase skill gain rate and/or allow crafting skills (not titles) to be meditated. But the title speed is reasonable and fitting.
  • Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:04:06 am by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #6

because i just changed titles and instead of playing i'm playing other games.  Waiting for a title restrictions, on when you can craft what level is pointless when everything is in game you wonder why there are no crafters left and the markets suck i'm a crafter thinking of moving on instead of playing the waiting game

This is exactly why the title system exists. You can't switch titles and immediately grind up to 100 simply by throwing gold and/or grinding 24/7. And while it's easy to outpace title increase at lower skill levels, I expect you'll find as you increase crafting skill that you fall behind the title increase. Yes, if you level a craft, switch out, and switch back in, it'll take time to level the title again. Switching crafts can thankfully be done, but shouldn't be taken lightly and properly punishes hopping.

The issue with lack of crafters isn't because of the title system, but because you have to grind 1000s of  items that can't be sold to players because the population is much too small to support the number of items that get crafted. I used to craft and sell hundreds of low level staffs in DFO while levelling. Now, I sell them for a pittance to npc traders just to get a little gold back. And the players that are here have gold to spare for higher rank items and aren't interested in low rank gear. And too many want to level crafts simply to gear themselves, expecting to hop between crafts, which isn't the point of crafting.

Personally, I'd be more supportive of a suggestion to significantly increase skill gain rate and/or allow crafting skills (not titles) to be meditated. But the title speed is reasonable and fitting.

Heres where your logic is flawed i'm a crafter are you? i'm quitting game because of titles not skill grind combat titles have books get med points as a crafter you get nothing but waiting to play while not meditating have fun when there are nothing but clan crafters left who don't use markets. The skill grind is fine why is it bad a crafter waits 1 month instead of 2 combat titles can reach 100 in a month now.... don't get  it

Reply #7
Ub3rgames killed crafting by forcing players to craft 1000s of useless crap before we can craft anything useful....

Reply #8
I'd agree on reducing the titles "timer" because its dumb that if a new clan wants to join the game late and they are either forced to wait for the titles to level on in house crafters or just go to another clan. Seems wrong imo.

Reply #9
Once upon a time, we were told crafting titles will only be needed for Mastery & other high-tier crafting.
We were also told that normal gearbag will be R30/R40 weapons + Studded/Plate/Bone/Extravagant because anything else would be too expensive.

Then it got changed to title required for everything, including for arrows and cooked fish, because it'd allow for dedicated crafters.
Then R30 gear was added onto NPCs.
And most players have an abundance of R50, even R60 weapons with Full Plate / Giant Bone / Thick Leather being the norm. For completely other reasons, Extravagant is the norm... so looks like at least a tiny part went according to plan.

What does this post have to do with speed of crafting title leveling? Not much, except to say:
@Ub3rgames please take a hard look at crafting and do something about it ASAP. TYVM

Reply #10
Basically what i'm saying is being a dedicated crafter your whole game is 4 crafting schools if you want to refine. Gets boring market gets flooded etc. So i want to raise something else. but in order to do that and grind it out at the pace i like i have to wait 5-6 weeks.

This is why crafters  are becoming scarce The game is so restricting on crafters after a while there is not much to do once your progression is halted i lose intrest need that progression somewhere some how

sorry i wasn't clearer in original post was tired

Reply #11
Well im a crafter/pve/trader too... and i didnt stop doing it because of some silly titles or because of it being broken or boring(lower tier items hi?) I stopped because there was no  demand, tired of trying to beg remaining people or force feed em my stuff to them.

The real issue here is low/mid rank items serving no puprpose AT ALL, no one wanted or bought that shit, or bought sum total 5% of it even when the train was still going. And the actual lack of players, per every remaining player, there are several alts/crafters piggybacking em.

Reply #12
In my opinion, all gear should be heavily frontloaded (logarithmic function) so mid-tier gear actually serves a purpose.

Reply #13
Too me the main issue is having to craft too many units at the bottom end so the market gets infinitely flooded at tiers people move through quickly, though in the end you really cant make 'too many' r40+ because they will always be used but the sub mastery gear is more to move through in quick stages.

How many r10 bows does the world need, probably never the 100k+ already crafted...

Reply #14

Heres where your logic is flawed i'm a crafter are you? i'm quitting game because of titles not skill grind combat titles have books get med points as a crafter you get nothing but waiting to play while not meditating have fun when there are nothing but clan crafters left who don't use markets. The skill grind is fine why is it bad a crafter waits 1 month instead of 2 combat titles can reach 100 in a month now.... don't get  it

Yes I'm a crafter, but I don't hop around crafts, I focus on two. You've been playing ages, so why aren't the craft titles you have maxed by now? It seems you must be swapping titles  in and out. I would think any dedicated crafter (ie, one who has found the crafts he likes and is sticking with them) shouldn't have a problem with the title system, but with the slowness and costliness of the skill progression.