Skip to main content

Topic: Battleping (Read 232 times) previous topic - next topic

Battleping
ROA and Unholy Wars are in the list of games supported by Battleping, but not DND. Is it possible for @Ub3rgames to contact them and get added? 

I'm having ping issues and unfortunately Battleping isn't improving them.

Re: Battleping
Reply #1
My clan mate use battle ping and it helps him alot.

Reply #2
Look at mudfish.

Reply #3
Unfortunately when I went to install Mudfish, I get "an error occurred installing the miniport adapter".   >.<

Reply #4
Unfortunately when I went to install Mudfish, I get "an error occurred installing the miniport adapter".  >.<

Uninstall all other VPN first. Reboot. Install new VPN as administrator.

Reply #5
Can anyone help with my symptoms?

- I have lag spike but fairly commonly they stretch to exactly seven seconds

- while I'm in such a lag spike I'm RECEIVING signal from DND but not DELIVERING signal.  E.g. I'm running away and can see the MOB hitting my previous position, and can see my health bar ticking down with each melee swing

- Discord is never interrupted, and previous ping tests have shown big packet loss between Paris, and the only major population center close to me (Phoenix Arizona)

- I swapped to a different ( and shorter) Ethernet cable last night and saw SOGNIFICANT improvement but still a little problematic. 

Any suggestions are welcome!

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6

- while I'm in such a lag spike I'm RECEIVING signal from DND but not DELIVERING signal.  E.g. I'm running away and can see the MOB hitting my previous position, and can see my health bar ticking down with each melee swing

- Discord is never interrupted, and previous ping tests have shown big packet loss between Paris, and the only major population center close to me (Phoenix Arizona)

- I swapped to a different ( and shorter) Ethernet cable last night and saw SOGNIFICANT improvement but still a little problematic. 

Move to EU

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #7

With ping issues you should always start at the PC and work out so I would first-

Find out the exact make and model of your network card ( usually a chipset on board a motherboard now ) download and install the latest software driver for it manually.

Make sure there is nothing else running in the background. Alt-ctrl-delete / task manager/ performance / click resource monitor on the bottom, then I click the network tab. Shows you every single program accessing the internet. Leave it open and run darkfall, then minimize Darkfall and see what you got accessing the internet it should be almost nothing. Programs like Asus GPU tweaker that have a game booster button that dumps everything in the background is another great way to test this.

Make sure your your sound sampling rate is 16-bit 48hz/44hz. Sound/properties/advanced/default format (pull down) along with lowering all your graphics settings for test purposes. A higher sampling rate means the PC has to sample the sound higher before it plays it for you, and overtaxed CPUs from higher graphic settings will add latency and lag, you can see this in notebooks.

Now this is a big one- interior home lines can add quite a bit of latency and lag due to something called line noise ( once the single line enters your home every split to a new room ads latency/sound). It's why I was 117 and now 95 from 1 hour north of Philly 2 hours West of New York to the new dawn server. Easiest way to test this is to physically take your PC and your modem (without the router) to the closest connection to where the line enters your house and plug everything into that connection using the shortest coaxial cable to connect your modem. See what your ping-lag is from here and be sure to test different cables to connect your PC to your modem. If you're in an apartment this can be difficult to figure out but there should be a pylon outside of each building and you just got to make an educated guess or just do some experimentation. You can reduce your ping and improve your lag doing this step more than anything that you could do including battle ping tunneling software. Once I found that I was picking up significant ping from where it enters the home to my office I just called myISP and asked them to check the sound on the line and when the guy came out it was easier for him to run a new line then fix the old which I found in the past is what they always want to do because it's easier.

Hope this helps, I would start with these.

Edit- make sure you do this without Discord running. You want to remove as many options as possible and see if you still have the same problems before you start adding things

• Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:08:02 pm by Ivar_theBoneless