Skip to main content

Topic: RoA Vusion battle ground queue, no gear drop on death, etc (Read 890 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RoA Vusion battle ground queue, no gear drop on death, etc
Reply #15
riding 2-3 hours in dnd to die in 30 sec is most retarded thing.Ofcourse timed event is better.
Dont have 5-10k players?Dont worry,timed event is best analogue.
Its better to join timed event and have action,than just run in circles in empty city in dead server.
I want to pvp nonstop,but in stupid dead df you can only ride 2 hours and die.Timed event instance is amazing solution.
Ofcourse 5-10k players openworld is the best,but it will never happen,so timed ivent good.
Is it because you die that you don't like it or because it's taking too long to find someone to be killed? If dying is your thing maybe you should continuously damage yourself instead it's alot faster.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
riding 2-3 hours in dnd to die in 30 sec is most retarded thing.Ofcourse timed event is better.
Dont have 5-10k players?Dont worry,timed event is best analogue.
Its better to join timed event and have action,than just run in circles in empty city in dead server.
I want to pvp nonstop,but in stupid dead df you can only ride 2 hours and die.Timed event instance is amazing solution.
Ofcourse 5-10k players openworld is the best,but it will never happen,so timed ivent good.

If i want that i play some of the many lobby based games like any team based shooter (currently Black Squad) or World of Tanks or other stuff.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #17
Having a short look at RoA's forums though and I see more cooperation between the devs and their players. Ub3r did take their time to tweak things that resulted in current state of combat, and RoA surely has way more people to test things and provide decent feedback. If BPG listens to the right people, RoA will surely have way better combat than DnD at the end of the year.
You must have read a different forum than the one I read.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Having a short look at RoA's forums though and I see more cooperation between the devs and their players. Ub3r did take their time to tweak things that resulted in current state of combat, and RoA surely has way more people to test things and provide decent feedback. If BPG listens to the right people, RoA will surely have way better combat than DnD at the end of the year.
I don't think they have more people to test. That last GM/dev event had less people (staff included) than the last two siege videos I've watched in New Dawn.

Not that New Dawn is in the greatest shape but let's pump the brakes on saying RoA will ever be in better shape anytime before New Dawn will.

You also gotta remember that titles, city nodes and local banking promote AltFall so not only does New Dawn have more active players, but it will always have more alts logging in than RoA totals.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
but it will always have more alts logging in than RoA totals.

Im curious which studio has more overhead.

While RoA has volunteers (most unpaid) and perhaps less active and less alts, DnD has more paid employees and less server upkeep costs with more alts surely.

God these guys must be spending quite a bit. For my first business i would not want to venture into the mmorpg market. Hats off to both.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #20

Roa has just now remove the displacement effect of battlespikes. They removed destroyers too. I've been asking for those 2 since launch.

At first, it was supposed to be a vote system on every feature for ROA, but they scrapped that real quick and they used to be a lot more arrogant toward anything. So they worked on what-ever ever they felt would be good for the game despite what we wanted. Result, they are back-peddling now that more players have left due to their failed combat patch with +25% armour across the board which was terrible.

What i hate about ROA, almost no feature has any form of connection with each others.

Many examples for ROA:
-we used to have essences and scrolls. Now that the grind is super easy, scrolls are worthless.
-Holdings used to be somewhat valuable. With runebooks, global market/billboards in safezones, no war declaration that makes you become vulnerable everywhere, you don't need a holding no more, you just need to stay blue.
-With their spawn scaling, some newb spawn are way better than the high-end spawn. I can make 50-60k(total worth) per hour in a newb dungeon and you can basically become rich where ever you decide to farm.
-Titles's reward are weak. It feels like you are only doing them for some cosmetic name beside your in-game name.
-Staying in the safezone to do VCP's all day makes the game feel like fortenite(FFA). If you are not farming, it feels like it's the only form of pvp left that the ppl are interested in doing.
-Runebooks has almost completely diminished the uses of portals. With enough runes market, with enough books in your bank, you don't need portals at all.

Dnd's example of connection between each features
-DnD's meditation is connected to your holding's up-keep. That's actually a good idea.
-You have so many method to level your character: meditation that you can earn from almost anything you are doing now, pots and scrolls from the champs that you kill, through the market if ppl are selling the scrolls and pots that you need and there's now an other method to level your titles.
-Holdings are actually valuable. Owning a holding or more per region can be useful as-well.
-Your best pvp bag is also your best pve bag if you wish to earn more cash and to level your character fast enough.
-Always a good reason to slay the hardest mob that you can slay and they are easily hot-spots. For example, i'm always in danger at the evil eyes; always pvp between us mages.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
You also left out that DND is self sustaining since you'll need alts to change up gameplay or get simple tasks done. In RoA you do it all with one character and have global banking and can teleport everywhere needing far less characters
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #22

Roa has just now remove the displacement effect of battlespikes. They removed destroyers too. I've been asking for those 2 since launch.

At first, it was supposed to be a vote system on every feature for ROA, but they scrapped that real quick and they used to be a lot more arrogant toward anything. So they worked on what-ever ever they felt would be good for the game despite what we wanted. Result, they are back-peddling now that more players have left due to their failed combat patch with +25% armour across the board which was terrible.

What i hate about ROA, almost no feature has any form of connection with each others.

Many examples for ROA:
-we used to have essences and scrolls. Now that the grind is super easy, scrolls are worthless.
-Holdings used to be somewhat valuable. With runebooks, global market/billboards in safezones, no war declaration that makes you become vulnerable everywhere, you don't need a holding no more, you just need to stay blue.
-With their spawn scaling, some newb spawn are way better than the high-end spawn. I can make 50-60k(total worth) per hour in a newb dungeon and you can basically become rich where ever you decide to farm.
-Titles's reward are weak. It feels like you are only doing them for some cosmetic name beside your in-game name.
-Staying in the safezone to do VCP's all day makes the game feel like fortenite(FFA). If you are not farming, it feels like it's the only form of pvp left that the ppl are interested in doing.
-Runebooks has almost completely diminished the uses of portals. With enough runes market, with enough books in your bank, you don't need portals at all.

Dnd's example of connection between each features
-DnD's meditation is connected to your holding's up-keep. That's actually a good idea.
-You have so many method to level your character: meditation that you can earn from almost anything you are doing now, pots and scrolls from the champs that you kill, through the market if ppl are selling the scrolls and pots that you need and there's now an other method to level your titles.
-Holdings are actually valuable. Owning a holding or more per region can be useful as-well.
-Your best pvp bag is also your best pve bag if you wish to earn more cash and to level your character fast enough.
-Always a good reason to slay the hardest mob that you can slay and they are easily hot-spots. For example, i'm always in danger at the evil eyes; always pvp between us mages.

It's because RoA has had no internal roadmap, just one they posted that even up to today it doesn't actually mean anything and they're not following it. They're just reacting, to the player base that left, the things new dawn has had success with, you can never be successful that way.

Reply #23
ROA are 1 year late in pulling off a New Dawn xd

Maybe in the end they will get something kinda balanced and fun. Not anytime soon though.