Skip to main content

Topic: New Champion Update Scaling concern (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

New Champion Update Scaling concern
I've been farming Champion Solo and with a friend and I've notice something odd. Currently it seems to me more profitable if you farm solo instead of in a group of 2.

Farming solo I come out with an average of 2 book, 0.4 main stats upgrade per champion and 742 Meditations. In a group of 2, i come out with an average of 0.9 book, 0.10 main stats upgrade per champion and 842 Meditations.

I'm I the only one to face this situation?

FYI I think it's an amazing new feature you just added keep up the good work!

Sorry for this poor writing, english is not my main language.

Re: New Champion Update Scaling concern
Reply #1
There is a lot of rng involved, so far I believe this to be true. But we'll need more testing to be sure.

Reply #2
and i think there is also some errors in those randoms too.
A guildmate of mine killed 2 troll champions and found 3 stats potions between the two.....we killed 3 sarlid darkweaver champions (definitely harder than a troll...) and got completely nothing in all of them

Reply #3
Yes, it really seems like the formula is backwards. Yield (not only per person, but summed up too) seems lower the more difficult or scaled up the spawn is, even if you can keep it cleared between respawns.

Kobolds, here I come again!

Reply #4
Yes, it really seems like the formula is backwards. Yield (not only per person, but summed up too) seems lower the more difficult or scaled up the spawn is, even if you can keep it cleared between respawns.
We noticed the same thing.
Level 2 Troll Lords - 4 champions gave us 0 books, 0 elixirs.
Level 1 Troll Lords - 3 champions gave us 4 books, 3 elixirs.

Of course, it could be just lucky/unlucky RNG, but it's indicative of a negative scaling issue.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
I had a couple of champions in solo that gave me nothing in the first go around but the second one dropped decently.  Made me think it was because I was solo.  or it was a medium mob.

Reply #6
We noticed the same thing.
Level 2 Troll Lords - 4 champions gave us 0 books, 0 elixirs.
Level 1 Troll Lords - 3 champions gave us 4 books, 3 elixirs.

Of course, it could be just lucky/unlucky RNG, but it's indicative of a negative scaling issue.

I think the RNG value is just really big. First Champion killed I got three books and a treasure map and ever since then I haven't gotten more then two , the majority of only dropped one and I've had one zero along with a single elixir drop.

Reply #7
uh oh finally a solo player friendly feature, better nerf it

Reply #8
uh oh finally a solo player friendly feature, better nerf it

It's more about the clear absence of loot when in a group of 2 but thanks for sharing your opinion.

Reply #9
Correct, champion loot doesn't split well with a group.
Maybe has to do with respawn timers and clearing spawns faster than them. Makes it almost same speed to get champions.
Maybe mob respawn timers based on how fast you clear it?? Never hurts to use what's been done right....
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #10
From my experience champion spawn rate is linked to spawn configuration(respawn/tick rate and amount of mobs) not player efficiency or scaling. Such a misleading patch notes :/ They did mention extremely vaguely on how it exactly works in the "go to dungeons" note.

My guess is that it doesn't matter if you kill all mobs in 0.1 seconds or 10 minutes if the respawn tick of the spawn is 10 minutes.

And another guess is that rate doesn't take into account level of the spawn for the rate.

It applies bonus to drops depending on level of the spawn.

If you farm harder spawns book/potion drop rate is higher so if you solo a 60% chance spawn you will get more books than maxing it out to 100% drop chance with 5 players.

And FYI you can screw up the respawn tick and get extreme wait times by killing mobs too quickly.

• Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:03:15 am by freakd

Reply #11
And FYI you can screw up the respawn tick and get extreme wait times by killing mobs too quickly.
I had a different experience instead. Whenever i am able to keep the spawn cleared i usually get 1 champion every 15-20 minutes, but if i can't manage to kill them all before they start to respawn, it will take much longer for the champion to appear.
And i never had the problem of a champion spawning "late" because i was killing a spot too fast

Reply #12
So I did a bloodknight champion last night and it took forever to kill and all I got was a combat title book, they really need to scale rewards with champ difficulty because many of they higher champs just aren't worth the bother and in the future I would just leave the spawn to make the champion not appear.

Reply #13
So I did a bloodknight champion last night and it took forever to kill and all I got was a combat title book, they really need to scale rewards with champ difficulty because many of they higher champs just aren't worth the bother and in the future I would just leave the spawn to make the champion not appear.

Didn't they said higher difficulty champion mobs will drop maps and keys? I guess it's broken

Reply #14

Didn't they said higher difficulty champion mobs will drop maps and keys? I guess it's broken

Its just a die roll, on a mino shaman champ I got 2 pots a combat book, neith key and med map and he took half as long to kill as the blood knight