Skip to main content

Topic: village timers shifterd two hours (Read 152 times) previous topic - next topic

village timers shifterd two hours
@Ub3rgames I thought timers were not supposed to be impacted by patches or server going down.

Re: village timers shifterd two hours
Reply #1
I reckon it was caused by server crash, not by scheduled downtime.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
I reckon it was caused by server crash, not by scheduled downtime.
That's what I meant by server going down. Wrong wording on my part.

Reply #3
- Server crashes will no longer move timers away.
@Ub3rgames ?

Reply #4
Server crashes used to force a +6h on the timers to avoid having them "go off during downtime".
Now it moves them only by the duration of the downtime. if server is down 20mins, it will be 20mins. If it is 2h, it will be 2h.
Ideally we'd like to switch it to a "real time" system, but most of the game is currently based of "game time".

Game time being based on server ticks, not actual seconds.
This is generally accurate as the tick rate of the server is stable, but over time, it can shift slightly, either faster or slower.
Remember the animation lags that can creep up when the server remains up for long? That's one of the consequences of that shift.
  • Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:26:20 pm by Ub3rgames
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #5
quoting just to show prime example of ub3r twisting shit round.
- Server crashes will no longer move timers away.
Server crashes used to force a +6h on the timers to avoid having them "go off during downtime".
Now it moves them only by the duration of the downtime.

It's incredible that you say things like this when everyone is able to see for themselves that there was a crash and villages went +2h. There is no need for you to spin it. Just say "something went wrong" or "we fucked up. We thought crashes won't move timers any more, sadly they still do".
  • Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:55:32 pm by wildNothing

Reply #6
Our reply today was to remind you what used to happen and what that patch note meant back then.
Context is important to understand quotes. Please do not ignore it, it will improve our understanding.

In short:
Timers have continued to shift during any regular downtime or patch procedures ever since.
There were 6h+ shifts that only occurred on crashes before that patch.

The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.