Skip to main content

Topic: Mage type mobs deal too much melee damage (Read 182 times) previous topic - next topic

Mage type mobs deal too much melee damage
Mage mobs have tomb iklit -tier melee dps with most of them also having poison/bleeding attacks which makes meleeing them solo impossible

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Mage type mobs deal too much melee damage
Reply #1
Have you tried celestials, earth elementals, fire elementals...any elementals?
I mean, i get the point...a deathless MAGE will push your shit in with melee just the same.
In fact, so much so that ranging down most mage monsters is more efficient because you can dodge most of their spells AND their dps output is lower...

But thats simply because not getting hit is more efficient than getting hit. (a lot).
If trolls went back to their fully charged instant cast quick repeat impale spam, im sure you would want to push into melee with them.

So, unless you want monster range dps to go up...im not sure i agree with lowering melee dps to allow a players highest dps to be applied more easily.

Reply #2
yeah i meant actual MAGE looking mobs not elementals, i know elementals dont hit hard in melee but you cant hit them hard either with physical dmg, and some mobs like greater celestial have weakness to unholy and there are no unholy transmutes

melee players are severely restricted in PvE while mages can kill anything

mobs could do 90 dmg with every spell for all i care because you can dodge almost everything they cast

Reply #3
this has been so obviously an issue this entire time not sure how it didnt get fixed yet

mages transition from missing one spell every 15 seconds to 0.5ing you with daggers if you get too close

makes sense?

Reply #4
As a knife user, I agree there is something wrong. However there is a threshold. If you can knife them down in one push, it is still worth it using knives because you will never be able to deal more dps with magic.
Moreover knives are clearly the best way to go against throwers or bow users. I have mixed feelings...