Skip to main content

Topic: Need help understand this (Read 726 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Need help understand this
Reply #15
i think what you are forgetting is that a 5% increase in dmg does more than the hit is implying.
Because those resists were already applied.

So getting 5% more dmg, does more than add 0.5 dmg on your hit of 10.
Your hit of 10, on a person with 10 resists, is really doing 20. So 5% more dmg is a full point of damage extra.
Which makes it seem more like 10% dmg increase...

So his title advantage, ontop of skill, ontop of str, is actually already quite something.

Next is that melee is made to cut through heavy gear people.
if they cant kill you in melee, you would literally be immortal, dieing more because you are out of stam than health.
Which would be...fine?...if you were unable to do damage.
But hitting for 20~ on light geared players while you are unable to be killed yourself would be quite broken.
Yes, even with the short range the 1h+shield give you. Because you could...against a player that doesnt (want) melee...take out a 2h weapon just fine. In fact, you dont need any title to get up to your resistances (maybe armor master helps?).

So im not sure i understand what the huge deal is.
You would, maxed char, be dealing slightly more damage PER HIT. (due to gear gap, sure)

But your attack speed should still be quite a bit higher compared to a 2h.
You are way more tanky against all sources of ranged damage.
You are meant to be making use of reactive parrying, you cant just hold left mouse and win.

Reply #16
i think what you are forgetting is that a 5% increase in dmg does more than the hit is implying.
Because those resists were already applied.

So getting 5% more dmg, does more than add 0.5 dmg on your hit of 10.
Your hit of 10, on a person with 10 resists, is really doing 20. So 5% more dmg is a full point of damage extra.
Which makes it seem more like 10% dmg increase...

So his title advantage, ontop of skill, ontop of str, is actually already quite something.

Next is that melee is made to cut through heavy gear people.
if they cant kill you in melee, you would literally be immortal, dieing more because you are out of stam than health.
Which would be...fine?...if you were unable to do damage.
But hitting for 20~ on light geared players while you are unable to be killed yourself would be quite broken.
Yes, even with the short range the 1h+shield give you. Because you could...against a player that doesnt (want) melee...take out a 2h weapon just fine. In fact, you dont need any title to get up to your resistances (maybe armor master helps?).

So im not sure i understand what the huge deal is.
You would, maxed char, be dealing slightly more damage PER HIT. (due to gear gap, sure)

But your attack speed should still be quite a bit higher compared to a 2h.
You are way more tanky against all sources of ranged damage.
You are meant to be making use of reactive parrying, you cant just hold left mouse and win.
It's nothing about being immortal but the fact that I'm wearing R60 Armor and weapon and having 27 resist while Him R50 armor and Weapon with 11 resist. He's better on range and on melee. What Am I supposed to do? Running around until I die? Is it simply that 1h shield is useless and that I should also go 2h? Not normal that I get owned with 27 resist high end gear best shield and armor master maxed. The only thing I'm doind is resisting longer than someone else but doing no damage because I can't range and melee. And Now I need to skill up 2h weapons...

Reply #17
It's nothing about being immortal but the fact that I'm wearing R60 Armor and weapon and having 27 resist while Him R50 armor and Weapon with 11 resist. He's better on range and on melee. What Am I supposed to do? Running around until I die? Is it simply that 1h shield is useless and that I should also go 2h? Not normal that I get owned with 27 resist high end gear best shield and armor master maxed. The only thing I'm doind is resisting longer than someone else but doing no damage because I can't range and melee. And Now I need to skill up 2h weapons...

You are wrong, totally wrong.

If you loosing in fight when you have 27 resistances, ~40% health regen, than you are doing something wrong. It is only about skill of player, not about 1h or 2h, range or not. You need to play better.

I have played with 24 pretections and 1h, and it was OK and it was GOOD.

If you trying to play ONLY 1h+shield, with out range - you will loose. You will be killed by range easy. If you using heavy, it is not mean that you can not use bow. You should use BOW, yes you will deal less damage, but YOU WILL DO IT AND have time to come in reach of melee.

Reply #18
Good idea.

Wear the same gear as you did (leather versus heavy)  and do the same test, both using let's say a rank 60 keened bow.

Totally not going to show that on top of being out-melee'd and out-sta'd, you also won't do shit at range.

Reply #19

You are wrong, totally wrong.

If you loosing in fight when you have 27 resistances, ~40% health regen, than you are doing something wrong. It is only about skill of player, not about 1h or 2h, range or not. You need to play better.

I have played with 24 pretections and 1h, and it was OK and it was GOOD.

If you trying to play ONLY 1h+shield, with out range - you will loose. You will be killed by range easy. If you using heavy, it is not mean that you can not use bow. You should use BOW, yes you will deal less damage, but YOU WILL DO IT AND have time to come in reach of melee.

Never said I was not range at all. My Archery masteries&dext are at 65. He's outdps me in range. Even if by miracle im reaching him to melee without being damaged, he's doing 2 damage more than me. Even if My 1h club is .5 speed and his Gaxe is .3, his gear will beat me on speed attack and he got better reach.
  • Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:52:09 pm by Player One

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
There was a part in there about active parrying.
Also the immortal was an explanation of why it isnt stronger than it is already.

But thank you for reminding me why i stopped commenting on anything of worth here.

Reply #21
You getting that 5% bonus when you max a skill which I think somebody touched on briefly but they missed you also get it on passives.

So the guy with maxed str, weapon mastery is getting +5% strength bonuses and +5 base skill bonuses AND +5% mastery skill bonuses. Those are going to be weapon proficiencies so it's going to be damaged and attack speed

Reply #22
it is not 5% from 99 skill....it is 5% from bonus that you receive from 1 to 99...
so it will give ~0.5 more only

Reply #23
it is not 5% from 99 skill....it is 5% from bonus that you receive from 1 to 99...
so it will give ~0.5 more only

Correct but then it hits the damage multiplier. So the guy with a maxed str/mastery is getting-

+5% of the base str bonus on top + 5% of the base weapon skill on top + 5% of the mastery skill bonus on top x damage bonus=

It's definitely more than .5 in total damage and weapon swing speed in this example.

The .5 came from not knowing that maxed sub skills also give the 5% bonus.

Reply #24

Because you play DFO meta, use active blocking with 1hander and shield and the 2 hander will quit the game after a few fights.

Reply #25
oh look another PHYSICAL BUILD ARMORS ARE OP PLS NERF EVERYTHING THAT ISNT MAGE

fuck off

Reply #26
Don't forget your hp regen. While in melee you heal up a lot faster and if you add active parry to that you beat his stam regen too. If you add a slashing enchant on your shield, kiss him goodbye! And you're playing with 1 of the 2 unbalanced melee weapons. Our best active player right now plays full heavy with 1h and he admits that it's way too strong in most cases!  8)