Skip to main content

Topic: alliances - perma-rogue status (Read 584 times) previous topic - next topic

alliances - perma-rogue status
- In order to let players adapt to the change, the perma-rogue status will not impact alliances or the track record of players for now.
@Ub3rgames any ETA on perma-rogue status impacting alliances?

Re: alliances - perma-rogue status
Reply #1
most mfs will go play alfars,still ffa,racial wars and aligment will never work as intended
  • Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:39:39 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #2
racial wars and aligment will never work as intended
I'm sure it looks like it, with same race slaughter in villages and no ally ARAC penalty. That's why I asked @Ub3rgames  - when are you planning to implement ARAC ally penalty?

Reply #3
 people being grey is really gonna make me login
or i could go alfar or red and kill even more ppl with little to no repercussions

theres more important issues bud
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
or i could go alfar or red and kill even more ppl with little to no repercussions

Doesn't mean this shouldn't be addressed.

Reply #5

Well, I disagree. Nothing's more important than working game foundations (race wars in this case). Base has to be finished and solid to build the rest on it. But still, all I'm asking about is ETA.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Good question. Also wanne see ARAC's grey
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #7
Good question. Also wanne see ARAC's grey
Well, still no answer from @Ub3rgames

Reply #8
Arac clans should be perma rogue, but forcing clans to become rogue just for joining an alliance with another race is not good in a sandbox game.

Reply #9
Arac clans should be perma rogue, but forcing clans to become rogue just for joining an alliance with another race is not good in a sandbox game.

The player base of Darkfall have show time and time again they're not capable of operating in a Sandbox without turning into a Shitbox. So while you're technically correct in terms of Sandboxes, in terms of an actual good game I think more structure is necessary in DnD. Your not going to get much player creativity from going Sandbox here, just abuse of and a work around of the alignment system. As such no formal alliance with an enemy racial faction without long term negative consequences as the OP suggested is the way to go.

Reply #10

So while you're technically correct in terms of Sandboxes
Can any of you explain? How is turning rogue when in ARAC alliance not good in a sandbox game?

How is ARAC alliance different from ARAC clan? In both situations you side with enemy races. I also don't see a sandbox being harmed in any way by this. Freedom to play with enemy races will still be there, nothing changes in this aspect. I'd even say it's better for a sandbox when choices have consequences. As then they have a meaning and become tools that shape the world - sandbox games need this desperately - this is what they are bout.
  • Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:22:00 pm by wildNothing