Skip to main content

Topic: Traders : Should more items be placed in vendor (Read 567 times) previous topic - next topic

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Traders : Should more items be placed in vendor
Reply #15
Buy orders will assist greatly, I would wait to see how that goes.

These aren't a thing yet? Lmfao.

RoA: Lightyears ahead.

How are your college grades they must be terrible since you are addicted to video games.

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #16
The vendors are nice to quickly get back on your feet when something happens. But I would really like to see all "gear vendors" also carry casting regs... There are quite a few places in Alfar lands where I can buy my gear but nothing to actually cast.

Reply #17
The vendors are nice to quickly get back on your feet when something happens. But I would really like to see all "gear vendors" also carry casting regs... There are quite a few places in Alfar lands where I can buy my gear but nothing to actually cast.

Unfortantly the racial lands do seem a bit uneven when it comes to some important points of interests. Chaos banks, merchants and mediation quests are all really hit or miss. Its more of an issue with Alfar because they have no racial ally lands to go to.

@Ub3rgames really nice job putting rafts on the merchants.

Reply #18
@Ub3rgames
When you mentioned destruction on gank, there is a quite serious issue with medium armors when you are using them for melee purposes. I'd even say they lose too much even when using archery to fight strong AoE mobs("end game"). The durability just goes away so fast making investing beyond thick armor really questionable as you'd get hour or 2 of intense melee usage while farming the set would be at least few hours, not to mention if you enchant it then it goes beyond 4+ hours. On short use of metal armors in early game I felt like they lost barely a point when my studded parts lost half durability.

And what is up with helmets?!? Why do they get destroyed when the rest of accesory gear is at around 6/25 and chest is also decent dura at that point.

Reply #19
as long as they are 2x to 3x more expensive then average market value.

But they need to make sure that the prices *are* higher.

Before launch mages were crying over vendor prices of 6g for reagents were much too high. But the fact is that 6g is too low a price for mandrake in the vendor, and that players could often sell mandrake for 7-8 g if it was not for the vendors ruining that business. This would also make it more attractive to gather the item, providing more gameplay. So this is a (small) example of vendors killing the entertainment value of the game.

Damn if only more people could buy and sell mandrake the game would be booming
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #20
However, most players actually struggle to remain geared. It doesn't make sense to increase scarcity at this point.

My sales are down. I talked to my clients to find out why and they told me they are still using what they purchased.

Is everyone really struggling with gears?

Ub3rgames how did you come to this conclusion? If you query database and did analytics you have to remove alt or you will have distorted statistics.