Skip to main content

Topic: Raw magic is shit (Read 314 times) previous topic - next topic

Raw magic is shit
So, like always, i switched to something unusable to test it....Today it is RAW magic.

So, my feedback is next:
In overall RAW magic is shiet and not worth to take a title for it.

Here is why:
1) All spells is fucking SLOW
2) Spells have NO seconday effects (no mana\stamina damage and etc)
3) Knocks is low and not worth to use (Air is much better to use for CC than blast)

From pluses:
Good damage against heavy armor
Anti-mage spell (burden)

BUT in same time Inflcition have same or even more damage against heavy targets + it have 40% stamina drain + it have strong and fast debuff (-9 in front hit)

By spells:
1) Eldrich Sphere - ultra slow even with speed upgrade. Can not be used on mid+ distance. No stat drain\secondary effect. AoE is not worth to use it like a bolt. In compare to Venom, Venom wins (Vitality debuff, fast speed, 40% stamina drain). Need 50-60% steed travel increase as minimum fix
2) Blast - low damage, no debuff, small knock up, almost not noticable. No stat drain. Slow travel speed, need minumm 50-60% speed increase. Damage splitted for 2 parts (no reason for that lol). In compare with Rend - Rend wins (2 debuffs, 40% stamina drain fast travel speed fast casting speed).
3) Shrapnel - totally shit, bad knock, low aoe, low damage, no stat drain small size, impossible to use with out speed upgrade even with it is still slow and affected by gravity. MUST become bigger and much more faster as minimum.

Like result i suggest about increasing speed for ALL spells for 50-60%, increase casting speed (Title ONLY), ignore Encumbrance for knocks (TITLE ONLY). NO MANA DRAIN FOR SELF BUFF (TITLE ONLY, other resistance self buff removing it effect). Than this school can have a place in battle field.

For now it is most unusable school and no real reason to try it....

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Raw magic is shit
Reply #1
Have you tried waiting 2 months for the title to max out?

Reply #2
yes, it will change alot, im sure)

Reply #3
Farm some title book to be sure.
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

Reply #4
On behalf of all the Raw mages out there (probably just me, and now you Unknown Mantra) thank you for pointing out just how shit this school is right now.

I'll add a few things you didn't mention.

Blast which was never considered a great spell, was actually nerfed by Ub3rgames to be made Raw's R50. They removed the dex debuff and reduced the knock up. Why I don't know, but then I don't know why Ub3r does half the things they do.

Burden the only useful spell in the school is according to Ub3rgames' plan actually slated to be nerfed. Thankfully they haven't done this yet, because if the duration gets reduced and Unburden remains as is, Burden will be pretty much useless. A sensible solution would be to reduce the duration and remove Unburden from the equation.

Also like a number of magic schools Raw is still missing one of it's signature spells. It's possible that Missile Fury will make the school really shine, but I wouldn't count on it given the schools treatment by Ub3rgames thus far. Plus there's apparently a ton of "critical" PvE additions to be done before the spell schools can be finished.

Overall, the school is a difficult one to balance.  You can't up the damage too much to make it useful vs more lightly armored opponents because then it will be OP vs heavy armor. The lack of secondary stat damage hurts, but that's not unique to Raw. The 40% stam damage of Water, and particularly Air just makes those schools stand out above all the rest atm. Raw also has a distinct lack of utility spells, there's Burden and that's pretty much it. In fact I think it has less spells than all other schools. Oh and yes that all spell resist ability, at least the self buff one is useless, the mana drain is just crippling.

Personally I'm just waiting to see all the spell school changes (and weapon changes) completed before switching up my Titles.  Although if Ub3rgames can't get their act together quickly it won't matter anyway.  2018 is their window to get this game going. 2019 they will be up against games like Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.
  • Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:48:49 pm by Helwyr

Reply #5
The school is nearly balanced. Needs to be easier to land the spells and up the damage slightly.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Affiliated Mandrake Dealers

Reply #6
main problem not damage, main problem is speed and no extra effects like stat dain\knock\debuff\displacement or something else

Reply #7
Damn mantra, next time you are curious message me. I could have told you it was bad. I have all the charts to show why it is bad.

You didnt mention the greatest weakness of the school, it lacks spells. It has no ray, no field aoe, no debuff. Missile fury is dog poo. Shrapnel is okay w a corpsecaller. Burden is amazing.

PSA: if you take raw mage title, burden is the only spell you will use. Magma and shrapnel is funny though.

Reply #8
ofcourse its shit,it was predictable as fuck.

Reply #9
PSA: if you take raw mage title, burden is the only spell you will use. Magma and shrapnel is funny though.

I take it only due the burden, to play against mage

Reply #10
ignore Encumbrance for knocks (TITLE ONLY).
very good suggestion for fireball/magma.
because now you can only fight vs robe or naked lol.mottherfuckers

Reply #11
ignore Encumbrance for knocks (TITLE ONLY).
very good suggestion for fireball/magma.
because now you can only fight vs robe or naked lol.mottherfuckers

This isn't true at all. Magma can knock a infernal/fp user fairly well. Considering the low damage heavies do, it is a very useful tool.

PS: Mantra why did you drop earth? I know Air is op, is that it?
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:08:02 am by Maximiliuss

Reply #12
PS: Mantra why did you drop earth? I know Air is op, is that it?

Just for some tests i can go back to earth in any time, coz it is not lost totally. But still there is only 1 signature spell that work, 2nd is trash. no control, same damage like others, no drain, nothing special....

Reply #13
JUST HAVE EVERY SPELL IN THE GAME DEAL HUGE DAMAGE/STATDRAIN/KNOCKUP/BLIND/INSTANT TRAVELSPEED

GAME BALANCED! I CAN FINALLY PLAY MAGE NOW! WOW!!!!!!

Reply #14
I enjoy earth's long range potential. I hope the game pop allows it to shine one day. In the meantime there are obvious offenders like Lighting strike's floating effect.