Skip to main content

Topic: Latest windows update fucked up the game (Read 892 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Latest windows update fucked up the game
Reply #15
1) Disable "Focus Assist" (new update that came with April update)
2) Disable or uninstall Game DVR / Xbox app

3.- If you can switch screens, but it takes forever (longer then before the update), turn off every focus setting.

Yeah this is the proper fix.

And I think you would want fullscreen optimizations to stay because if they work as stated by microsoft then you get smoother picture sync with monitor.
  • Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:26:16 pm by freakd

Reply #16
Full screen optimization should stay on for people with AMD graphics card using the Instant Replay function. Otherwise it will hard crash your computer (BSOD).

Reply #17
Full screen optimization should stay on for people with AMD graphics card using the Instant Replay function. Otherwise it will hard crash your computer (BSOD).

False. RX580 Latest Drivers.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #18
Well on some systems then. Might have to be in conjunction with Ryzen5 / B350 Chipset. RX580, latest drivers too (released last week or something). Note you need relive and instant replay enabled to crash. Was reproducible here (fresh install of everything on a new system, all hardware valid and tested). Crashes disappeared after disabling the option.

Reply #19
Yeh probs something else as my CPU is an intel i5. Yup i tried every combo desktop enabled - instant replay - record ect ect still no crashes for me. Dont get me wrong relive is hit or miss for me with this game in full screen sometimes records black - but i dont get any BSODs.

Tested on DND full screen 5 mins ago.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #20
For the black screen when recoding, try enabling the record desktop option for relive. It fixed it for me.

Reply #21
For the black screen when recoding, try enabling the record desktop option for relive. It fixed it for me.

Thanks man, will try next time I log in.