Skip to main content

Poll

Would you like to see such kind of worm-holes in game?

• Yes
  • No
  • Crazy

Topic: Semi-fast transmission (Read 1388 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Semi-fast transmission
Reply #15
No to instant travel in any form.

I wish there was the pop to support localized Darkfall but it's not there right now. I worry that even more players will get bored and quit. Right now Yssam is Uknowm Mantra trying to fight stacked odds at every VCP. If he stops trying to 1v2+ then there will be 0 PvP on Yssam. If other clans want to tunnel their way to Yssam (it still wouldn't be instant travel) I'm all for it.

Reply #16
Sadly, but how can other clans come to yassam, if yassam locked down by Enclave? Every holding, except Apautan is under Enclave. May be Tiqua still under Simiran, but still. Cbay was empty like an Ichtan but now it is under Enclave)

How can Yassam have more PvP if there is no place to come? )

Reply #17
bump

Reply #18
EXCUSE ME? DID YOU JUST SUGGEST A FORM OF FAST TRAVEL?

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. OUT OF THE QUESTION.

IT DOESN'T GO IN LINE WITH THE VIIIIIIISHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #19
Not a good suggestion in a game of no fast travel albeit shortcuts.

Example why it's bad:  turns meaningful dungeons into nothing but a death trap subway.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:07:35 am by Mordisk

Reply #20
Not a good suggestion in a game of no fast travel albeit shortcuts.

Example why it's bad:  turns meaningful dungeons into nothing but a death trap subway.

This is RoA portal chamber in disguise.

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #21
This is a shit idea.

Why?

Because then no one would travel on land anymore, also fast-travel.

Boring.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:17:49 pm by Khor

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #22
EXCUSE ME? DID YOU JUST SUGGEST A FORM OF FAST TRAVEL?

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. OUT OF THE QUESTION.

IT DOESN'T GO IN LINE WITH THE VIIIIIIISHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Imbecile.

Reply #23

When you can not summon a mount inside dungeon, so you can not transport alot of items via dungeon networks + dungeon have mobs that can block and kill you and if increase loot and skill gain inside dungeons, this kind of transmission will be faster but more dangerous than on land one

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24

When you can not summon a mount inside dungeon, so you can not transport alot of items via dungeon networks + dungeon have mobs that can block and kill you and if increase loot and skill gain inside dungeons, this kind of transmission will be faster but more dangerous than on land one
I like
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #25
A good concept that can work. I would personally instead would like to see ships used for travel and some form of land mounts or "travel stance" that mounts have (removed on damage) in order to shrink the map.

I think maybe both can co-exist, maybe a limited wormhole system? I also think ships should be must faster, but only be spawned/despawned inside a harbor like UW.

Reply #26
Yes, all must be in game. Dungeon networks, faster ships, faster roads

Reply #27
Yes, all must be in game. Dungeon networks, faster ships, faster roads
I don't think so.
Faster ships - yes, faster roads - maybe.
Portal networks - definitely not.
  • Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:48:41 am by wildNothing

Reply #28
No, not a "cool story". Sorry.

Reply #29
in order to shrink the map.
But do we really want to "shrink the map"? I'd rather not. The problem is not traveling in itself. World should be big. Travel should take time - for localization to work. The problem is that you are forced to travel. Because there is no content in your location. This is something ub3r should work on. If they shrink the world by introducing portals or even faster roads we are back to mindless PvP arena in no time.

Game is so unprepared for localization it fucking hurts (loot tables, lack of local content). They could have tested it, instead they localized the world week before launch and launched. They tested and tweaked fucking robe usage for at least half a year though. @Ub3rgames why have you done it like this? Isn't localization one of your selling points?
  • Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:54:25 am by wildNothing