Skip to main content

Topic: 2 vs 2 Tournament (Read 7282 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2 vs 2 Tournament
Reply #15
Mounts are part of the game I agree but with limited arena battlehorns can be too stronk.

Thats why i left it up to the participants to decide, how we gonna use the mounts in 2 vs 2.

Please add gear requirement of mastery + it's demoralizing to face a team in plate/extravagant when you are risking infernal/snowhide.

I dont want to set up too many rules,  if someone has the playerskill to be able to gear crutch then i wanna see how he does it. I totally see your point and noticed people did change gear inbetween fights to adapt to whom they fight. In looser brackets i did see some studded but tbh if that is what they want or can risk who am i to say they can not participate any further. The most important thing is that the best players/team wins, if armor crutching will create problems i will act upon it. Atm i do not see any big problems, maybe lower bag loots for the winner, but with a pricepool of around 500k like last tournament i dont think that is a problem.
  • Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:09:54 pm by Bim Bam
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

Reply #16
Why not call it 2 v 2 mage tournament?

Reply #17
Just trying to share ideas to make fights more fun and reasonably fair for all participants. 
Yes mounts are part of the game and very interesting play style that only a handful of players can pull off.  But having 2 battlehorns in a small limited arena is not an exactly a fair fight compared to the open world where you can run away to places where you can use the enviroment to your advantage to counter the enemies extra hp pool and damage while mount fucking you :D

Reply #18
Just trying to share ideas to make fights more fun and reasonably fair for all participants. 
Yes mounts are part of the game and very interesting play style that only a handful of players can pull off.  But having 2 battlehorns in a small limited arena is not an exactly a fair fight compared to the open world where you can run away to places where you can use the enviroment to your advantage to counter the enemies extra hp pool and damage while mount fucking you :D
Oh really? But it's "fair" when flat open terrain with nothing but a strongbox benefits a mage? How does this compare to open world?

Reply #19
I cant see your point, strongboxes provide enough cover temporarily for warriors to pop a pot and statup a bit and prepare for their next push.  Anything longer than that the mage will outstat the warrior anyways unless its a total reset and that is like starting a new fight.

edit: Also I'm not against having some trees in the tournament area as it would benefit both warriors and mages in some ways. But tbh the indev tournament that was hosted in a place like that made most fighters fight with  low fps and performance overall was bad.
  • Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:10:03 pm by ironkid

Reply #20
Why not call it 2 v 2 mage tournament?

Mages are very strong 1vs1 that creates the need for a well balanced tournament area, we have been discussing several options. I am planning to test those options internally before the tournament. The battlehorn could also be a way to create balance between magic and melee but from experience i know that versus a good mage or archer you just get shot to death while riding the mount.
2 melee vs 2 mage in an open field favors the mage's big time,  we are 100% aware of that and will work on an area which give both playstyles equal chance.

Keep discussing please, i read every comment and pm and discuss the idea's with da bois.
  • Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:05:21 pm by Bim Bam
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

Reply #21
I cant see your point, strongboxes provide enough cover temporarily for warriors to pop a pot and statup a bit and prepare for their next push.
Clueless player who doesn't know what he's talking about. Tree's, Rock's and Hills change everything in a fight only a noob would think a strongbox is good enough replacement to replicate open world engagement.
dodgy bastard

Reply #22
I cant see your point, strongboxes provide enough cover temporarily for warriors to pop a pot and statup a bit and prepare for their next push.
Clueless player who doesn't know what he's talking about. Tree's, Rock's and Hills change everything in a fight only a noob would think a strongbox is good enough replacement to replicate open world engagement.

No one is trying to replicate an open world engagement. It's called a duel for a reason, you think people used to run around trees and rocks when they offered a duel? You would be seen as an utter pussy. They would stand in font of each other and see who could land the shots.

Does one party also have to be farming a mob? So it could be more realistic?

Seems like you need to play gay to win a fight, rather than have better aim and skill than the other player.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #23

No one is trying to replicate an open world engagement. It's called a duel for a reason, you think people used to run around trees and rocks when they offered a duel? You would be seen as an utter pussy. They would stand in font of each other and see who could land the shots.

Does one party also have to be farming a mob? So it could be more realistic?

Seems like you need to play gay to win a fight, rather than have better aim and skill than the other player.

This is a sandbox, not WoW Arena or CS:GO.

Therefore there are many other elements to being the best in this game beyond aim and "skill" whatever that means when you are controlling a mouse & keyboard.
dodgy bastard

Reply #24
@SupremeBeing
Showing your lack of IQ yet again.

Where do I mention WoW or any game? I refer to real life as my example to what the word duel means.
What does "This is a Sandbox" have to do with anything? Its a duel, not villages, not open world PVP, a fucking duel. Is that the only thing you could grasp at to defend your point?

"A duel is an arranged engagement in combat between two people, with matched weapons, in accordance with agreed-upon rules"

RULES - What rules are there in open world PVP? None.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #25
@SupremeBeing

Where do I mention WoW or any game? I refer to real life as my example to what the word duel means.
What does "This is a Sandbox" have to do with anything? Its a duel, not villages, not open world PVP, a fucking duel. Is that the only thing you could grasp at to defend your point?

"A duel is an arranged engagement in combat between two people, with matched weapons, in accordance with agreed-upon rules"

RULES - What rules are their in open world PVP? None.

I only talk game terms, duels haven't existed in real life since the dark ages of the 1700's. Strange example to give but I respect you have a different point of view sir.
dodgy bastard

Reply #26
@SupremeBeing

I only talk game terms, duels haven't existed in real life since the dark ages of the 1700's. Strange example to give but I respect you have a different point of view sir.

Duels still happen alot in sport. See boxing, fencing ect ect. God you are retarded.

Duels are called duels because they have Rules. Whereas you want a random organic fight with no rules, which is therefore not a duel.

Reply #27
@SupremeBeing

Duels still happen alot in sport. See boxing, fencing ect ect. God you are retarded.

Duels are called duels because they have Rules. Whereas you want a random organic fight with no rules, which is therefore not a duel.

Okay thank you for educating me on this matter.
dodgy bastard

Reply #28
Then its better to also allow people to run away and the opponent chasing them to the other side of the map. Happens all the time in open world!

Reply #29

LOL, sorry mate, but you seems to ignore the fact that it aint down to aim and skill, but utility in this matter.