Skip to main content

Topic: Charybdis Trade Fair Sunday (15th April) (Read 1172 times) previous topic - next topic

Charybdis Trade Fair Sunday (15th April)
Attempting to get a trade fair going in the Elf Capital Sunday.

Current schedule

7PM  GMT Mount giveaway. I will be spawning Eradans from 7PM onwards in the courtyard at Charybdis(100+) help yourselves to what you want

If you would like to offer a crafting service or activity or anything else please comment below or PM what you want to offer and the times you will be available at Charybdis and I will add you to the schedule
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:10:00 pm by caractacus

Re: Charybdis Trade Fair Sunday (15th April)
Reply #1
Cool!

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
good Event
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #3
I've just moved the mount giveaway earlier an hour as it might have been a little late for a Sunday.

Still looking for anyone interested on attending to help get the ball rolling. Are you are dedicated crafter who can be at Charybdis  Sunday at a certain time best for you? Are you someone who would like to sell bulk materials? Maybe your a clan and will be policing the area!

Reply #4
Burn Charybdis 2018 -_-

Reply #5
Charybdis lul
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #6
I'll be there on time to loot you all mwuhah.

Reply #7
I'm after a bit of feedback, in regards to the mount give away. I'm thinking of just spawning them all out and letting people help themselves once the ownership runs out. Does anyone see any potential problems with this, I think a free for all type thing would be more fun.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
For one, if you spawn a new mount the first loses ownership.
Secondly, i doubt you can spawn even 100 mounts, especially if there's people running to the ones without an owner to despawn it.
Thirdly, you will be massively overweight so it will be hard to reposition yourself to spawn more even if the above werent issues.

Reply #9
Ah I didn't know that about the ownership. There was a guy on DFO did a free for all, I think he had them in bags of 10/15 and just spawned them out and as the mounts got taken put another in it's place. Charybdis has a pretty big courtyard too.

Reply #10
As there seems little interest in the trade fair as a whole I will just concentrate on the mount giveaway instead and have a free for all at 7PM GMT

Reply #11
Did you advertise it ingame? A lot of players dont pay attention to the forums. I'd post in racial and race alliance regularly, pointing at the forum thread.
The fair is actually a good idea.

Reply #12
Did you advertise it ingame? A lot of players dont pay attention to the forums. I'd post in racial and race alliance regularly, pointing at the forum thread.
The fair is actually a good idea.

I did do this last weekend but didn't really get much interest so gave up, one person also mentioned that we have markets anyway. I will try again over the next couple of days leading up to the event.

My vision was to try and get something going so we had a lot of people in one place, the markets are there already but why not build on that and have an event where crafters and traders could meet and activities could be organised like an archery contest or an auction. I'm a bit limited though as a casual solo player, a clan would be in a better position to host something like this. it was also mentioned that It would be better in a chaos city but again that would need a clan to run it.
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:17:13 pm by caractacus

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I think one of your biggest drawbacks may be hosting it in an elven marketplace maybe? I know many of the players still left playing are either red or maybe not in the human/elf/dwarf alliance. I wish your event the best outcome possible but would encourage you to host another in Hintenfau next time. Many players are already putting up weapons and mounts and what not for sale in the marketplace and I feel we're very close to turning the city into a war free zone in order for the pvpers to conduct proper trade amongst themselves or put up items for sale on the marketplace without fear of being killed or griefed for even being in the area
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #14
I think one of your biggest drawbacks may be hosting it in an elven marketplace maybe? I know many of the players still left playing are either red or maybe not in the human/elf/dwarf alliance. I wish your event the best outcome possible but would encourage you to host another in Hintenfau next time. Many players are already putting up weapons and mounts and what not for sale in the marketplace and I feel we're very close to turning the city into a war free zone in order for the pvpers to conduct proper trade amongst themselves or put up items for sale on the marketplace without fear of being killed or griefed for even being in the area
 Stop discouraging. Go host your own chaos market event.