Skip to main content

Topic: Why not play RoA? (Read 3129 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why not play RoA?
Reply #30
Daym roa players are desperate
OUR GAME IS SO GOOD BUT NO ONE IS PLAYING IT
HAHAHAHAAHA

but we are the ones in self denial with our thousand player base and going strong

Reply #31
Started a new DAoC trial account last night....
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #32
RoA doesn't have any of these issues....

RoA link
https://www.riseofagon.com

Shit spawn system
Shit net code that even RoA lifers agree ND is better even with the server in Paris
Shit alignment system
Shit "destroyer" and the same "specs" from 09'
Shit need to have all the spells pvp system
Shit instant travel that tells you exactly how many is at the VCP
Shit scroachers at sieges still
Shit bugs from 2009 still in game

Did I forget anything? I without a doubt don't agree with all of ND's game designs but Rise of Agon is a horrible version of Darkfall and I would argue worse the original DF
better spawn scaling
doesnt have removed delay between casts, WOAAAAAH, atleast knockups dont make you float for some unknown reason
better alignement system, dnd actually still has unchanged dfo alignement
the game only has mage and melee archer, damn thank god dnd has more than that
u really dont want to have tornado, ice storm, infeno, pungent, lend mana etc in dnd, youre completely right
nothing tells you how many there is on a vcp before going to it
remind me how people cant scroach sieges in dnd? you mean the game is too tedious for people to bother traveling for hours if its too far away and they would rather stay logged out? ya i guess youre probably right
dnd is completely bug free, except for all the bugs the devs introduce, then act like theyre no big deal when ppl get advantages from them, and the ones that dfo had and that they didnt fix, but nvm that, were only talking about roa here

but hey its ok, i wouldnt expect you not to be wrong on anything while talking about things you dont know, theres a 99% chance you didnt play roa (but will act like you did so you dont look dumb)

People like yourself who missed out on the basic education required to form simple sentences in their own language should avoid calling others dumb.

And when I say education, I am not referring to your moped license.
english isnt my first language, and saying i cant form simple sentences is kind of a huge stretch, next time try having something smart to say before you reply to me, dumbfuck
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

Can we fix the mental illness signatures?

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
Haha so many bitter RoA losers in this thread.

Of course our community is more toxic, all the RoA fanqueers are playing this game  lol

You have to have a community before you can have a toxic community

yer games dead lol
  • Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:24:02 am by SoethThoth

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #34
roa lets you disable FRIENDLY FIRE with blues and no race wars, and you can teleport anywhere, it is the WOWification of Darkfall,
what is next? Tab Target? lmao

terrible optimization
everyone is the same / magefall
no markets in game after 9 months, AltSanguinefall, soon tm lol
private server dev mentality
devs played with the vets on clans helping them lmao
0 reason to play other than duel where everyone is same lol no thanks

I don't think many of these are accurate.

I have within 10 FPS difference playing ND and ROA, maybe optimization with certain rigs? I don't know.

Everyone is pretty much melee archer in ND, if youre a mage you just die in 30 seconds. Many more people would switch if they were allowed to, but nobody doesn't want to be unviable for 30 days. So i don't think this is an entirely accurate statement

Pretty much every market in ND outside of capitol cities are empty, and even some of those are stocked by just one person.

I see the same here. Gear is already meaningless, Gold is meaningless.

No, Huggies, the guy who ran PR (not a dev and had no power over anything other than answering support tickets) played with Dune Rats for less than two months and left the second people complained. (I think when Apophis used the no weight bug, the one still present in ND, to carry 2k battlespikes to a siege) I don't think anyone ever posted proof of him helping them, thats just hearsay afaik.

Thats already the same in ND. Theres no reason to farm anymore (at least for my alliance), everyone has all the gear they will ever need, characters maxed. There is no reason to roam because world is mostly empty, so we just wait for VCPs for fights, where half the time people just show up with naked alts or characters and try to ninja cap it. There is no reason for sieges, local banking makes the distance a PITA, on top of that holdings have no value. Youre basically paying millions for a single fight.

I mean this quite literally, all of the content in ND right now is just a puddle. It looks good on the surface, but, it doesn't take long to realize that its very shallow and there is little meaning, purpose, or value to anything.

Not saying it won't change or ROA is better, i'm just of the belief that neither of these games will be around in several years, so you might as well play the one with more players.
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #35
Started a new DAoC trial account last night....

i tried that aswell a while ago.. but damn.. animations and stuff are from 1946
New dawn quote :

Everything is solved with markets and local banking

• Azdul
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #36
  • 120 ping plus their UI programmer saying they have no desire to implement action queuing.
I've tried to understand RoA arguments against action queueing.

Their argument was that with action queue (New Dawn) once you choose wrong action ahead of time, you're stuck with it, and need to wait for casting animation to play out. If the action will simply not register (RoA), you're able to correct mistake, and react faster to changing situation, and it is somehow better for skilled players.

I still don't quite get it. Could someone explain what is bad about action queue, besides messing up RoA-specific macros / scripts ?

Reply #37
Roa is the old, stale Darkfall that I have no interest in playing anymore. If DnD doesnt succeed I wont go to RoA but will call it quits on DF for good.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #38
  • 120 ping plus their UI programmer saying they have no desire to implement action queuing.
I've tried to understand RoA arguments against action queueing.

Their argument was that with action queue (New Dawn) once you choose wrong action ahead of time, you're stuck with it, and need to wait for casting animation to play out. If the action will simply not register (RoA), you're able to correct mistake, and react faster to changing situation, and it is somehow better for skilled players.

I still don't quite get it. Could someone explain what is bad about action queue, besides messing up RoA-specific macros / scripts ?

It doesn't mess up any specific macro or script, and i can't think of any macros or scripts that people use in ROA outside of like, i guess, mount rebindings. Actually, im pretty sure thats like the only script that people use, outside of autoparry scripts in ND.

Queuing an action can happen on mistake, and it fucks with the flow of combat. I know in ND its very annoying to get stuck in weaponswaps with the queue system. I personally found it more enjoyable with just small delays on things as opposed to being forced to complete the action.
  • Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:03:49 pm by water_wizard
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #39
Roa is the light version of Darkfall.  I wanna play a version thats more like UO. ND took the right path.

I guess ND will be the last available version of Darkfall and if it doesnt succeed i quit and play somethin else. Maybe Star Cititzen in 2036

Reply #40
I enjoyed roa, but the EU pop died so quickly so not worth playing. There is also unfortunately no politics at all going on over there.

Everybody is friendly looking for fair fights online. Shame really as to me the original df combat is far superior to new dawn's. But I want to play a sandbox mmo not an arena which is where roa is heading it seems. I don't wish the project ill will like some of these new dawn Mongs though.

Reply #41
I enjoyed ROA, but when i thought DnD was going to be too tedious for me, i thought i was going to give-up on DF to focus on bitches and money for ever. Guess, i was wrong. I tried DnD 1 or 2 weeks ago and i find myself playing quite a lot. I've gained a few lbs thanks to DnD and now i'm happy.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
Roa is the old, stale Darkfall that I have no interest in playing anymore. If DnD doesnt succeed I wont go to RoA but will call it quits on DF for good.

We are in the same boat, if DnD close there is no way i will move to play the shitty RoA magefall arena, is game over for me too.
So the trolls here that trying to lure people away are failing really hard.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #43

We are in the same boat, if DnD close there is no way i will move to play the shitty RoA magefall arena, is game over for me too.
So the trolls here that trying to lure people away are failing really hard.

Correcting misconceptions isn't trying to lure people away, its stating the facts. You really are one of the most unintelligent people i have ever met in the entire time ive been on the internet.

Its like refusing modern medical procedures because you think its going to make you sprout 16 arms, and not for anything logical and backed by fact.
  • Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:49:49 pm by water_wizard
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #44
Quited RoA because the Server was a fucking mess...now i will never come back because of the insane skill gains.
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten