Skip to main content

Topic: Why not play RoA? (Read 3672 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why not play RoA?
Reply #15
What made me personally decide not to stick to RoA was three things:
  • 120 ping plus their UI programmer saying they have no desire to implement action queuing.
  • Their general gameplay design decisions such as sticking to the 100 keybinds to be viable DF2012 meta.
  • Evidence of developer bias in several cases and plenty of rumors for more.

The fact their their forums were the most toxic forum of any Darkfall iteration I've ever seen, also didn't help.

That's not to say New Dawn is better, it just had fewer strikes going for it compared to RoA.
Devs are corrupt and have already been exposed, yet the blind RoA fanbois don't see this.

Reply #16
  • 120 ping plus their UI programmer saying they have no desire to implement action queuing.
  • Their general gameplay design decisions such as sticking to the 100 keybinds to be viable DF2012 meta.

The fact their their forums were the most toxic forum of any Darkfall iteration I've ever seen, also didn't help.

That's not to say New Dawn is better, it just had fewer strikes going for it compared to RoA.
Devs are corrupt and have already been exposed, yet the blind RoA fanbois don't see this.

- read forums check
- see negative post of roa  check
- reply to post to blow up the story check
- alt tab back to swap your iron node in nd check
- repeat

damn my life is defo going places
New dawn quote :

Everything is solved with markets and local banking

Reply #17

People like yourself who missed out on the basic education required to form simple sentences in their own language should avoid calling others dumb.

And when I say education, I am not referring to your moped license.
English isnt his native language, french is.  Nice try.

120 ping is definitely playable, I have 150 and compete with the best.

Action queuing?  The swaps in roa are clean af.

Rumors and bullshit spread by your wonderful community.  Also seems to me like theres dev bias from uber as well if you're going to call any of the things from roa launch "evidence".

Toxic community?  Dude, your community is way more toxic.  It's not even close.
  • Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:23:34 pm by grimtide

Reply #18
@grimtide nice confirmation bias

Reply #19

Do you even realize the irony of someone saying that on the ND forums?

Reply #20

Do you even realize the irony of someone saying that on the ND forums?
yes we should all move to agon forums because its dead

that way we may revive that shit game and give corrupt devs our money

Reply #21
roa lets you disable FRIENDLY FIRE with blues and no race wars, and you can teleport anywhere, it is the WOWification of Darkfall,
what is next? Tab Target? lmao

terrible optimization
everyone is the same / magefall
no markets in game after 9 months, AltSanguinefall, soon tm lol
private server dev mentality
devs played with the vets on clans helping them lmao
0 reason to play other than duel where everyone is same lol no thanks
  • Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:41:23 pm by Aglorien

Reply #22
Damn the Kool-Aid here in ND forums has bleach in it apparently.

Reply #23
@Aglorien Even when you hit him with facts poor @grimtide still in denial

its ok, DND is here for us. We must work together to improve our game and community.

Reply #24
Damn the Kool-Aid here in ND forums has bleach in it apparently.

shit is fcking hilarous here.

nd players history or roa bashing about how the economy sucks in roa.. local markets that solves everything..

ND has launched 1 month away.. and i see pics of redicoules banks for afk capping vcp's

shit working as intended..LOL

New dawn quote :

Reply #25
@Aglorien Even when you hit him with facts poor @grimtide still in denial

its ok, DND is here for us. We must work together to improve our game and community.

You must love for Fox news "alternative facts" lmfao.  Nothing algorien said is remotely true (except markets which will be in less than a month) or an actual fact, just repeated bullshit ingrained in your brains from spamming it in your echo chamber.

Reply #26
I dont know if its better now but the first couple of months in ROA with my 150-170 ping it was pretty damn unplayable. Was very frustrating to switch weapons in combat and some commands wouldnt register and I just gave up on it.

I have a good ping in ND now but when I had a different provider my ping was also 140 to ND and It was pretty playable and I had no complaints or excuses.
  • Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:55:42 pm by ironkid

Reply #27
I dont know if its better now but the first couple of months in ROA with my 150-170 ping it was pretty damn unplayable. Was very frustrating to switch weapons in combat and I just gave up on it.

I have a good ping in ND now but when I had a different provider my ping was also 140 to ND and It was pretty playable and I had no complaints or excuses.

Much better now, also server delay hurt performance a lot the first two months.

Reply #28
I dont know if its better now but the first couple of months in ROA with my 150-170 ping it was pretty damn unplayable. Was very frustrating to switch weapons in combat and I just gave up on it.

roa made some mistakes @ start and bleeded hard.. there was a mistake code wise to the presistance system that made the lagg every 10/20 min

this has been fixed tho.. but ye it took a long time figure out what happend
New dawn quote :

Reply #29
Daym roa players are desperate