Skip to main content

Topic: Why not play RoA? (Read 3694 times) previous topic - next topic

Why not play RoA?
Some of you are very unhappy with DND. You strongly oppose local banking, time gating, titles, no fast travel, changes to how PvP now plays. RoA doesn't have any of these issues. Why not just play RoA and enjoy what it offers? Why engage in this crusade  to turn DND into RoA? 

RoA link 
https://www.riseofagon.com

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Why not play RoA?
Reply #1
RoA did some things right.

DND did some things right.

Ultimately they're both Darkfall and will both eventually sink into irrelevancy. Enjoy it while it lasts and stop whining.

Reply #2
RoA doesn't have any of these issues....

RoA link

Shit spawn system
Shit net code that even RoA lifers agree ND is better even with the server in Paris
Shit alignment system
Shit "destroyer" and the same "specs" from 09'
Shit need to have all the spells pvp system
Shit instant travel that tells you exactly how many is at the VCP
Shit scroachers at sieges still
Shit bugs from 2009 still in game

Did I forget anything? I without a doubt don't agree with all of ND's game designs but Rise of Agon is a horrible version of Darkfall and I would argue worse the original DF

Reply #3

RoA link

Shit spawn system
Shit net code that even RoA lifers agree ND is better even with the server in Paris
Shit alignment system

Did I forget anything? I without a doubt don't agree with all of ND's game designs but Rise of Agon is a horrible version of Darkfall and I would argue worse the original DF
better spawn scaling
doesnt have removed delay between casts, WOAAAAAH, atleast knockups dont make you float for some unknown reason
better alignement system, dnd actually still has unchanged dfo alignement
the game only has mage and melee archer, damn thank god dnd has more than that
u really dont want to have tornado, ice storm, infeno, pungent, lend mana etc in dnd, youre completely right
nothing tells you how many there is on a vcp before going to it
remind me how people cant scroach sieges in dnd? you mean the game is too tedious for people to bother traveling for hours if its too far away and they would rather stay logged out? ya i guess youre probably right
dnd is completely bug free, except for all the bugs the devs introduce, then act like theyre no big deal when ppl get advantages from them, and the ones that dfo had and that they didnt fix, but nvm that, were only talking about roa here

but hey its ok, i wouldnt expect you not to be wrong on anything while talking about things you dont know, theres a 99% chance you didnt play roa (but will act like you did so you dont look dumb)
  • Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:22:26 am by inkarnation
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #4
both games are going to fail
i don't care as i just like darkfall

end result is me playing whats more active before its dead in a year.

RoA link

Shit spawn system
The netcode isn't shit, ROA actually had poor servers.
Shit alignment system
Right now its basically the same, there are no penalties for being red until ARAC patch comes in.
I guess everyone playing "destroyer" without the perk doesn't constitute any meaningful balance changes towards melee. It was much more difficult to play that playstyle in ROA/DFO.
You don't really need to have all the spells... just like two of each and you are pretty much fine.
This isn't true.
Im not sure how this is bad? I'm also not sure how this isn't in ND? Just because no holdings are worth anything at all in ND, so nobody sieges them doesn't mean its not in the game
Nearly all of the bugs present at DFO launch are/were present in DND launch.

Just needed to correct this retard for posterity state. This guy isn't even correct when he posts about ND Inkarn, so....
  • Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:28:38 am by water_wizard
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #5
Because RoA is dead, y u provide dead links bro?

Reply #6

RoA link

Shit spawn system
Shit alignment system

better spawn scaling
doesnt have removed delay between casts, WOAAAAAH, atleast knockups dont make you float for some unknown reason
u really dont want to have tornado, ice storm, infeno, pungent, lend mana etc in dnd, youre completely right
remind me how people cant scroach sieges in dnd? you mean the game is too tedious for people to bother traveling for hours if its too far away and they would rather stay logged out? ya i guess youre probably right
dnd is completely bug free, except for all the bugs the devs introduce, then act like theyre no big deal when ppl get advantages from them, and the ones that dfo had and that they didnt fix, but nvm that, were only talking about roa here

but hey its ok, i wouldnt expect you not to be wrong on anything while talking about things you dont know, theres a 99% chance you didnt play roa (but will act like you did so you dont look dumb)

And 😥 @water_wizard

The village capture message in RoA tells you how many there were, so if you look at the next open one it gives you a pretty good idea what's coming from the previous VCP since they can, you know, instant travel to the next VCP going live.....

I love how you idiots make a pro RoA thread/defending RoA and don't even know how the fucking game works.

• Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:13:28 am by Ivar_theBoneless

• Azdul
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
Because it is going freemium "soon" ?

Once the freemium model goes live, it will not cost anything to give RoA a try, and RoA itself will have much better population, at least for some time.

Reply #8
people from ND have tunnle vision..

ROA is far ahead regarding content....

It wont be long tho..
New dawn quote :

Everything is solved with markets and local banking

Reply #9

It wont be long tho..

RoA is dead and depressing. It's much more fun complaining here where they might add rocket boosters or jetpacks.

Reply #10

It wont be long tho..

RoA is dead and depressing. It's much more fun complaining here where they might add rocket boosters or jetpacks.

your own experience dont count.. meaning your an eu player and on roa eu prime time is kinda low yes

that shit counts the same for nd.. EU time here is active while NA time is pretty much dead.

I preff to have a global view of the sitation.. roa aint dead. nd aint dead..

Conclusion: they there should have never been 2 project(servers) to start with

New dawn quote :

Everything is solved with markets and local banking

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
iceland server would have been amazing yeah
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Conclusion: they there should have never been 2 project(servers) to start with

Nope, they have 2 opposite visions, also i never touch again magefall even if this game close. This is my last DF, RoA is already non-existent non-factor for me.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #13

RoA link

Shit spawn system
Shit alignment system

better spawn scaling

People like yourself who missed out on the basic education required to form simple sentences in their own language should avoid calling others dumb.

And when I say education, I am not referring to your moped license.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
What made me personally decide not to stick to RoA was three things:
  • 120 ping plus their UI programmer saying they have no desire to implement action queuing.
  • Their general gameplay design decisions such as sticking to the 100 keybinds to be viable DF2012 meta.
  • Evidence of developer bias in several cases and plenty of rumors for more.

The fact their their forums were the most toxic forum of any Darkfall iteration I've ever seen, also didn't help.

That's not to say New Dawn is better, it just had fewer strikes going for it compared to RoA.