Skip to main content

Topic: make 5 euros instead of 9 for 1 month (Read 2512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: make 5 euros instead of 9 for 1 month
Reply #30
There will be a plex/duel option. There will also be free trials.
We did not want to have them straight away to minimize their impact on the growing economy, but they will come rather quickly.
We specifically chose the server location because market data show that there is an higher population and more to be made with that kind of business model here.
Though the base subscription price will remain the same for the foreseeable future.

Maybe that's how you INTERPRETED it, but that's not what the data actually showed at all

You lost a lot of gaurunteed players and money by not moving the server to NY (and over the next 2 months it will only get worse as more NA/SA/Oceanic/Asian players get fed up and start leaving). You also would have killed your competition off completely by moving server to NY

9 times out of 10 I defend you guys and see your point, but on this YOU ARE WRONG and it's hurting all of us especially you developers

NY would of allowed North America, South America, And Western Europe to all have roughly the same moderate median ping while also allowing eastern europe reasonable ping AND allowed Australian/Japanese/ Korean players (which were a quite large market segment in UW/ DF1) to actually play with 200-260 rather than 400 where they can't do shit

@Ub3rgames you either messed up and didn't factor everything in or interpret the data correctly...

OR there was some other fact involved besides just what was best for the majority of the playerbase. Maybe the guy who actually paid for the license was a hardcore DF fan himself and wanted to play New Dawn with low ping or something IDK LOL

Ub3rgames devs are great at coding and game design, but their marketing team is terrible. I could do a better job and would even do it FOR FREE just because i love the game

Reply #31
lol at salty NA players thinking they know "the data" best.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #32
lol at salty NA players thinking they know "the data" best.

its battle smurf, nobody on NA takes him serious either :p

Reply #33
omg fuck NA already just fuck em off, regional IP ban please.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #34
Firstly, I agree. Something needs to change and they need to add a non pay 2 win cash shop. I hope they realize it.

All I am going to say about this, is that it is not 2009 anymore... Games do not have subscription service. People literally get turned off by this. I was watching Zizaran play Darkfall on his stream to a number of 1k viewers. This is how most of the interested people reacted. "Is this game free?" "Who would pay for this?" Of course he brought a lot of people to play. But A LOT more would of played if it wasn't a subscription. One time fee? Hell ya that would of worked.

I'm just being real.

You guys might think "What about WoW? It has a sub service." WoW is backed by a multi billion dollar company that has been making games for decades and WoW is a reputable game to have it that way still. I believe WoW is dying in population anyway. Obviously not dead, but lower numbers playing since a couple years ago. What other popular game has a subscription service....?

If your team wants Darkfall to have a steady income in cash flow. You need to get with the current game market and change something.  

(I'll leave out my thoughts about the server placement in europe)

The game would do a lot better (Population/new USA server wise) if it was a one time fee or make it 2-3 month game time for 10 euros(Worst option). While putting in a cash shop, of course. You can't change the pay rate without adding a cash shop.
In theory.. It would let more people play.
Change it to be a one time fee or 2-3 month game time. Add a non pay2win cash shop.
Advertise. (SMARTLY) Game sponsors on Twitch.TV
More players join
More money in your pocket to work on the game.
That is just how it works.

The reason I'm not saying go F2P is because I realize F2P is not an option. The economy isn't set up right and it will just destroy it. Along with other mishaps F2P brings. End of story.

I'm just stating the hard truth. Honestly, just be real with yourselves. You have to realize you need to do something. Since teh times have changed. Having a cash shop now a days is better for cash flow. Does it take work to do? Of course. But it's what a game needs now to survive. Just look how Path of Exile (F2P...barely you see those pretty items and buy it. I know I did) destroyed Diablo 3 ($59.99)

At least advertise the game, or like I said sponsored Twitch.TV gameplays. PLEASE.
I am a trained Consultant for Digital Marketing for Games, I'll do it and give you a deal or give advice to your team for free.

This is all my opinion of what a game should have now in the current state of the game market.

Darkfall is a great game. A game that I hope doesn't die off in 1 year or less.

Much love,
DipStick Jimmy (DipStick Wilson)
Twitch.TV/UglyCheecken

Reply #35
First months for half price may be a good way to bring in a few extra players aswell and hopefully half would stick around and grow some of the pop

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
First months for half price may be a good way to bring in a few extra players aswell and hopefully half would stick around and grow some of the pop

If 10 euros is a barrier to entry, so is 5 euros. At a pricepoint like that, you either go free or leave it as it is, and obviously can't really go free given how free accounts would be ridiculously abused in a game like DF.

Reply #37
Every company in the world makes it 1st priority to sell their products to Americans because it is guarantees highest returns. It is also the most stable customer base. The market data they gather means nothing. If you go by data then put the server in Nepal between China and India for 3 billion potential customer lol.

There is a saying that you don't grow a business by downsizing.  You need to take calculated risk. You guys don't want to go beyond you comfort zone of hosting outside your data center.

You finally created a Darkfall that is superior to any other iteration.  Sony created a video formatted much more superior but lost out to inferior VHS. You are underestimating how your decision negatively  impact long term prospect of this franchise.
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

Reply #38
You sacrificed MANY MORE GAURUNTEED FORMER DF1 PLAYERS IN ONE OF THE RICHEST AREAS OF THE WORLD FOR A FEW RUSSIANS WHO CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO PLAY MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION GAMES AND MOSTLY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN DF

obviously you dont know nothing about economy lol

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Reply #39
You sacrificed MANY MORE GAURUNTEED FORMER DF1 PLAYERS IN ONE OF THE RICHEST AREAS OF THE WORLD FOR A FEW RUSSIANS WHO CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO PLAY MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION GAMES AND MOSTLY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN DF

obviously you dont know nothing about economy lol

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The debt clock has nothing to do with the wealth of americans.

I totally agree the server location was a bad choice, a really really bad choice.  Playing with 180 ping that spikes to 250-300 is very very hard.

On the other hand I disagree about lowering the price of the game.  If 9.99 is too high, then you need to rethink your life choices.  Stop playing video games and go get a job.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
Every company in the world makes it 1st priority to sell their products to Americans because it is guarantees highest returns. It is also the most stable customer base. The market data they gather means nothing. If you go by data then put the server in Nepal between China and India for 3 billion potential customer lol.

There is a saying that you don't grow a business by downsizing.  You need to take calculated risk. You guys don't want to go beyond you comfort zone of hosting outside your data center.

You finally created a Darkfall that is superior to any other iteration.  Sony created a video formatted much more superior but lost out to inferior VHS. You are underestimating how your decision negatively  impact long term prospect of this franchise.

I don't know what businesses you've worked for, but that certainly isn't the case in any business I've ever worked in. Never did anyone say 'Let's target the US first, it's the most stable!'. Frankly, it's not.

All the crying about server location is irrelevant. If I have a game and I see over a period of 6 months to a year, that I get highest conversion rate with EU players, or highest log ins, highest active users, most traffic, then of course I'm going to support EU first.

Unless you have any of that, you're pissing in the wind.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
I totally agree the server location was a bad choice, a really really bad choice.  Playing with 180 ping that spikes to 250-300 is very very hard.

Well, so you want the server more close to you even if Ub3r stated that majority of population is from EU? Isn't a bit selfish? If you fell bad atm with 180 ms i will feel the same if they move the serve in NA. If you please Na you displease Eu players and viceversa. There isn't a perfect location for the whole world.

The server as Ub3r stated is in France, they have the data, you have to deal with it and also it piss people off the same redundant argoument "american come first and the rest don't matter at all".
  • Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:23:12 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
My ping is 120 and game players more than fine. Toronto here.

Reply #43
Even if I would support the idea to make DND free to play (even free to download) with a frequently refreshed in-game cosmetic item shop, It's well known that a lot would make exploiter, hacker accounts on daily bases. And I do not even want to mention that the whole ECO system should be changed from the ground, with all quest lines and their rewards, gathering methods... everything. Since everyone would run as many alts under the existing system as their PC can handle the same time.
So it should be a brand new game due to economy before this option can even turn debatable.

The upcoming "Duel item" / plex could handle this issue in a way, but well, it is an issue in 2018, no doubt.

To lower the subscription price... well, it's Ub3rgame's business, we can have our own opinion, but that's all. No one should live in an illusion that a company would change their business model due to a few posts on their forum. Specially that we are talking about 10 euro / month.

Reply #44
10 euros is terrible. if you will introduce DUELS/ ak Plexes, make 10 euros for 2 months and I will pay you.
I fought very well in pvp in the DFUW, i loved this game for every millimeter, and I loved GREEKS loyal subscription in the Steam, but you ub3r do not understand what you're doing yet. You cut online Eastern Europe, which could pay 5 euros per month EASYYY but not 10!!!!!
think about it!