Skip to main content

Topic: When? (Read 558 times) previous topic - next topic

When?
@Ub3rgames

1. Fix Jewel crafting for rings and necklaces to give arcane protections gradually, not as a jump. Or have any use for jewelry other than Arcane Rings/Wyrd Amulets.

2. Fix Tailoring mastery: Dragon bone boots and gauntlets to have similar costs as other pieces in the set. (They cost less Dragon bone and more Thick leather than other pieces.)

3. Fix cooking speed, recipes, remove bread/wheat? from vendors. Maybe bulk cook/refine?

4. Fix skinning scaling of Thick Leather compared of solo/party (Level 4 mob skins for 3TL at 83% chance while Level 1 mob skins for 1TL at 50%, rate being fucked up for solo farmers) You promised this fix half a year ago.

5. Fix cost/effectiveness of mage/physical play styles. (First: Full plate, with R60's is about same in effectiveness as Normal bone with Racial staves. Second: The cost for the mage is like nothing compared to the melee pusher low level. Plate set cost vs Bone set cost is way off. Maybe add rares for higher ranked staves and Q2 bone req for bone set? Increase studded cost as well?)

6. Fix leveling speed of GC, which is at old rate after patch 3.12, while other melee weapons level 3 times faster.

7. Multi layered Clan Vault, so we can have some security and don't need officers on duty to move stuff in vault for new recruits.

8. Give us sketch of first iteration of titles. Like exact how they will be, with numbers and effects. There is so much word going around most of us can't keep track what is old and outdated info and what is new. (Did we spit so much in your face that you do not dare release info that is not revised well enough? Hype is here already, let people theory craft, that adds to momentum.)

9. Give us sketch of GM/LM changes, so we can do a fucking tutorial already before launch, or better, release it already. EVERYONE WILL BE BUSY LEVELING AT LAUNCH, NOONE WILL BOTHER MAKING TUTORIALS WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO ON A LIVE SERVER. SO FROM YOUR SIDE, NEW PLAYERS WILL BE LEFT WITH A SO-SO TUTORIAL, FROM OUR SIDE NEW PLAYERS WILL BE LEFT IN THE DARK AS WELL, CURRENT GAME IS NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD YOU KNOW?!

When?

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: When?
Reply #1
10. When will solo loot be balanced properly, so you do not gain less loot per person for killing same amount of mobs solo vs doing it in a group? There is no reason to farm solo as it's a waste of time due to getting less loot per person than in a group (not counting special loot like keys etc.).

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #2
solo farm let you farm even more, coz in group you have mid drom, in solo you can have max drop

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
solo farm let you farm even more, coz in group you have mid drom, in solo you can have max drop

Even more of what?

Reply #4

This is not true and almost always on average having more than one person will give a better return than just one, except on things not modified by scaling like maps runes and keys.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I already said this a year ago when spawn scaling patch hit, I can say it again:
- Farming solo has a lot bigger risk, as there is no one to res you in case you overextend and die and it's far more likely that you will end up dieing should you get jumped
- Farming solo is never as effective as you are mostly only doing fronthits, while in an effective group majority of players should always be landing backhits, which increases the damage output by a bigger factor than just amount of players and mob HP scaling does not take into account that
- Farming solo you are forced to either rotate spawns or just have downtime, while with 6+ you get pretty much infinite mobs.
- RNG fucks solo players up (Ub3rgames stated that was the reason why solo players get less loot).

I understand when devs were saying "it's balanced mathematically on paper" during the first month after spawn scaling patch, when there wasn't enough testing and all the yes-men were just agreeing without doing any testing or really analyzing the amount of loot they get in group vs solo, but it's been a year and I don't think anything has been done yet. The devs should've either addressed the issue already or made a statement on why they are keeping it this way.

I know for sure should it not be addressed I will rather play something else when there are no people online to group with, rather than waste time farming solo and risk more for less reward. Farming as a group has a lot of advantages already, I don't really see any reason that solo players should get less loot on average for killing same amount of mobs, especially when it takes longer and is more riskier.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #6
DND is a game where the devs are wanting to actively encourage people to play together within their racial alliances. Not sure this needs changing at all - if you want to go solo, it is the harder route. It's the solo player's choice - but I appreciate friends can't be online all the time you are.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
DND is a game where the devs are wanting to actively encourage people to play together within their racial alliances. Not sure this needs changing at all - if you want to go solo, it is the harder route. It's your choice.
It is the harder route and I like it for the same reason, however there is no reason to do so if you value own's time. It's a fault with game mechanics because things do not work as intended due to RNG (or whatever else is causing it).

Just go kill 100 cairn giants (or any medium to hard mob) solo and then kill 100 of them with a group. The loot you get should be same per person (keep in mind a group will kill them way faster and will be safer while doing so), however solo you get up to 25% less. And that is also with "diminishing returns on loot scaling". Broken.
  • Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:16:56 pm by mrW

Reply #8
DND is a game where the devs are wanting to actively encourage people to play together within their racial alliances. Not sure this needs changing at all - if you want to go solo, it is the harder route. It's your choice.
It is the harder route and I like it for the same reason, however there is no reason to do so if you value own's time. It's a fault with game mechanics because things do not work as intended due to RNG (or whatever else is causing it).

Just go kill 100 cairn giants (or any medium to hard mob) solo and then kill 100 of them with a group. The loot you get should be same per person (keep in mind a group will kill them way faster and will be safer while doing so), however solo you get up to 25% less. And that is also with "diminishing returns on loot scaling". Broken.

That is a bug that they promised to fix (about half a year ago, but hey, we are still indev)
"Things just got worse."

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
bampu

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Good to know we found the moron who suggested baseline bone suits cost kobold bone
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #11
Was a good suggestion with a bad execution. Since they don't really listen to me, I'm sure many others suggested the same.

Since I dont play, you can enjoy farming kobolds, gg.
"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Was a good suggestion with a bad execution. Since they don't really listen to me, I'm sure many others suggested the same.

I skipped past them and went to giant bone since it takes 1/2 the time to farm.

Just a perfect example of the retards that were actually taken seriously on the forums during inDev.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #13

Just a perfect example of the retards that were actually taken seriously on the forums during inDev.
Oh shit, good catch. Take responsibility Eilis. :) No need to hide behind "I'm sure many others suggested the same".

I'd say - @Ub3rgames please change the name of the armor to "Eilistraee kobold bone armor". As now many people think you are responsible for this idea so it's unfair - you have enough of your own ideas to take responsibility for.
  • Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:45:30 am by wildNothing

Reply #14

Oh shit, good catch. Take responsibility Eilis. :) No need to hide behind "I'm sure many others suggested the same".

I'd say - @Ub3rgames please change the name of the armor to "Eilistraee kobold bone armor". As now many people think you are responsible for this idea so it's unfair - you have enough of your own ideas to take responsibility for.
You even kill your own jokes with sarcasm? Harsh.

If only I could use your negativity as a sandwich spread, I would never have to buy peanut butter again.
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===