Skip to main content

Topic: Rage animation is only visible to caster (Read 1152 times) previous topic - next topic

Rage animation is only visible to caster
Noone else can see that rage was casted. Important bug gameplay wise.

Re: Rage animation is only visible to caster
Reply #1
Hello, it's been half a year, quite a long time considering that it's an important bug gameplay wise. Any news?

Reply #2
when?

Reply #3
You lose rage when you transfer so with that huge mana drain you won't manage to get much out of it anyways :/

Reply #4
You lose rage when you transfer so with that huge mana drain you won't manage to get much out of it anyways :/
I don't think it drains mana. Only costs mana to cast? Also, what does it even matter? For the time you use it you gain high protections against magic, it should be visible for your opponent that you have used it. There are no other stealth skills in darkfall. And this one is quite powerful.
  • Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:31:04 pm by wildNothing

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Come on man don't be so literal. He meant mana cost he's just showing the trade off for that spent mana isn't worth it if you weapon swap after use
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #6
Come on man don't be so literal. He meant mana cost he's just showing the trade off for that spent mana isn't worth it if you weapon swap after use
That's obvious.
Also has nothing to do with the bug. I don't care for how long someone uses rage, if he capitalizes on it or not. I want to know that he is almost invulnerable to magic, or that he fucked up, immediately switched to staff or bow and now has a lot mana less. This is important information when it comes to pvp. Especially in full loot game.
  • Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:09:28 pm by wildNothing

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
it also needs to be added to meditation list

i cant see the animation myself, do you need shader3?

Reply #8
when?

Never. The answer is never.

The animation is client side and not part of the server side client engine so they would have to add everything involved and there is no guarantee it's even fully animated (to be viewed in 3D not just your over the shoulder perspective)

In the grand scheme of things it's so fucking minor.

Reply #9
when?

Never. The answer is never.

The animation is client side and not part of the server side client engine so they would have to add everything involved and there is no guarantee it's even fully animated (to be viewed in 3D not just your over the shoulder perspective)

In the grand scheme of things it's so fucking minor.
It does not have to be same animation. For me it can be even same red circle champion mobs got as a place holder. I don't care. I just want to see that someone popped up rage as it changes quite a lot in a fight. And this is full loot game.

Reply #10
I had no idea about this bug. Should be an easy fix.

I also don't agree with never, animation client side.
Clearly the player models have that animation built in.
85% /s

Reply #11

It might only be third person. This is done a lot because it saves you a ton of man hours. Easiest example is some hand movement on the spell animations doesn't always match in game viewed from a third party.

I never checked but I'm willing to bet the dwarf perseverance that shares the cool-down of Rage and the same animation isn't viewable in game either.

It's such a short duration it just feels like there's a million other things that need to be worked on before this

Reply #12
Wait, is the problem with casting animation or not having animation showing it's in effect?
If it's the latter, it's just consistent with how all buffs work.

Also, I wouldn't call 45 seconds a "short duration". But the 100 mana cost & 10 minute cooldown make it a very rarely used ability.
So in any case, I do agree it's a low priority issue (if there is an issue at all)

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #13
Wait, is the problem with casting animation or not having animation showing it's in effect?
casting animation

But the 100 mana cost & 10 minute cooldown make it a very rarely used ability.
How fucking wrong you are. This skill is one of the strongest in the game. Cooldown does not matter. Because it's enough to use it once during a fight for opponent to never come back in that fight. Of course you have never seen it being used. That's the point of the thread. And you do not use it often (or maybe even at all) because you are a mage I guess.
  • Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:29:00 am by wildNothing

Reply #14

It might only be third person. This is done a lot because it saves you a ton of man hours. Easiest example is some hand movement on the spell animations doesn't always match in game viewed from a third party.

Which hand movements?
Please explain to me an example in detail.
85% /s