Skip to main content

Topic: 5v5 Tournament postponed (Read 3183 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 5v5 Tournament Saturday 4-22-17 7pm GMT April 22nd 2017
Reply #15
I'd be surprised if you got more than 3 groups to sign up to this.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
I'd be surprised if you got more than 3 groups to sign up to this.

I wouldn't be surprised if only two groups sign up. There are only two groups that can come on here and back their shit talk up. Everyone else will avoid their egos getting hurt at every cost but are quick to chime in on fight discussions
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #17
It's a good set up and all but there really aren't many 5v5 groups.

A solid 2v2 tournament could be good, think we would get even more groups than the 1v1 tournament. It's less scary playing with someone and maybe people wouldn't be afraid to sign up.

Reply #18
better make 2v2/3v3. russian's will bring 2-3 party's then.

Reply #19
Should do 3v3's IMO. 15th > 22nd too. :)

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
3v3 is too much dependant on individual skill imho.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #21

Isn't that the point of this epeen contest?

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

Isn't that the point of this epeen contest?
Of epeen contest? Yes.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
This tournament isn't aimed at quantity of teams. @XTeam That's awesome that you guys would bring 2-3 teams if this was a 2-3 man tourney but it's not. It's a 5v5 tourney so I'm sure the Russians can be represented by one 5 man team. If crimson and SKD can each show with five without me, I'm sure Rats/MJ, The Horde, IKMC can have their team along with any other players we've seen around sieges. Like I said, if they don't sign up, it's because they have some phobia or ego issue.

Any other cool tourney ideas can be set up by someone else. This 5v5 tourney is specifically for our entertainment and to gauge what clans are active enough to participate
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #24
Like I said, if they don't sign up, it's because they have some phobia or ego issue.

Is that really needed, it could be they just cant get 5 people that given day/time, not sure why you need to be so aggressive about it.

Reply #25
Don't mean no disrespect SomeBK, but a 5v5 isn't going to work right now with the current population, if you want to see Giants Vs Hasaki - 5v5 we can make it happen if they want to, it would be good to check out balancing.

However a 2v2 / 3v3 would be more suited to the current population.

Reply #26
This tournament isn't aimed at quantity of teams. @XTeam That's awesome that you guys would bring 2-3 teams if this was a 2-3 man tourney but it's not. It's a 5v5 tourney so I'm sure the Russians can be represented by one 5 man team. If crimson and SKD can each show with five without me, I'm sure Rats/MJ, The Horde, IKMC can have their team along with any other players we've seen around sieges. Like I said, if they don't sign up, it's because they have some phobia or ego issue.

Any other cool tourney ideas can be set up by someone else. This 5v5 tourney is specifically for our entertainment and to gauge what clans are active enough to participate
We didnt have a stack 5man, if we got, we better play in dota/cs/someshit, then that game.
Almost all russian's are playing with 1/2 friend's and stack up only on siege's

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
if you want to see Giants Vs Hasaki - 5v5 we can make it happen if they want to, it would be good to check out balancing

That's exactly what I'd like to see. Let be real, we who would sign up, enjoy pvp and enjoy a good fight but we all want to see the best go at it in all aspects. Think of it as Hasaki vs Giants and any 5v5 matches would be undercards just having some friendly competition for gear that has a 90% of being turned into baseroll gear in less than a month
  • Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:53:07 am by SomeBK

Reply #28
if you want to see Giants Vs Hasaki - 5v5 we can make it happen if they want to, it would be good to check out balancing
That's exactly what I'd like to see. Let be real, we who would sign up, enjoy pvp and enjoy a good fight but we all want to see the best go at it in all aspects. Think of it as Hasaki vs Giants and any 5v5 matches would be undercards just having some friendly competition for gear that has a 90% of being turned into baseroll gear in less than a month

I'm sure they'll do it sometime. And if you're lucky, someone will make a video of it that you can beat your meat to.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
Like I said, if they don't sign up, it's because they have some phobia or ego issue.

Is that really needed, it could be they just cant get 5 people that given day/time, not sure why you need to be so aggressive about it.
Very true, my apologies. I'm not trying to say they're too scared or what have you. I'm simply, in a roundabout way, saying put your skills to the test. I'm not making some bracket that's going to have half the contestants get crushed within the first two rounds. I'm going to pair teams with others of equal skill level. All looting is completely optional just like it was in the 1v1 tourney.

This is more of a chance for the community to come together and learn to play as a group to better their skills (I know I need to).

For example, if Mycke were to join with a team of five, I would pair his team with certain members in our clan who also are eager to get better at team play. I wouldn't feed you guys to the sharks