Skip to main content

Topic: @Ub3rgames...Ship/Sea Tower progress (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

@Ub3rgames...Ship/Sea Tower progress
I know you have a lot of more pressing goals, but can you give us an idea of the progress
for this patch?

Re: @Ub3rgames...Ship/Sea Tower progress
Reply #1
Not for this patch, but once the current efforts are completed, they are next in line.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #2
Not for this patch, but once the current efforts are completed, they are next in line.
Thank you for your response, but I knew it would not be in the upcoming patch.
Was just wondering if there was any approx ETA when the Ship patch might be possible.

Reply #3
Ha sorry, we misunderstood the "for this patch" portion.
The ETA would be 2 or 3 patches, if priorities do not change in the meantime.

Reply #4
One or two other quick questions if I may.
I have heard that, while the material cost for Ship MODs will stay the same,
the number of MODs to make a given Ship is to be reduced in this Patch.
Can you confirm this, and if so, about how much of a reduction are you thinking?
Thank you for your time.

Reply #5
This is indeed something we've planned. We do not have yet the exact numbers though, and often times when looking into things in details the expectations change.
We're open to suggestions/feedback on it though.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
For entry ships:
- Cut the price of launch by 50%
- Cut the price for Pinnace / schooner / large raft by 33% and remove astrolabe requirement

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #7
We do intend to make astrolabes/dominion orbs craftable. That is a factor too.

Reply #8
This is indeed something we've planned. We do not have yet the exact numbers though, and often times when looking into things in details the expectations change.

Well, a flat percentage reduction of Ship MODs I don't believe would be the correct way.
The number of MODs needed should reflect not just the size of the Ship, but also its intended purpose.
Take the Brigantine and Schooner for example.  Currently, both cost 30 Ship MODs to make.
The Brig is intended to be a general purpose Ship, while the Schooner is intended to be an Armored
Skirmisher.  So it would make sense that the Schooner would cost more to make than a Brig.
Say 20 MODs to make a Brig, and 25 to make a Schooner.

Also, I believe that at what level a given Ship can be crafted should be reevaluated.
A Composite Raft is basicly 2 Reed Boats joined together, yet both cost the same to make,
and both craftable at the same level.  I would suggest that the Reed Boat cost 20 MODs and
be craftable at Skill level 25, and the Composite Raft cost 30 MODs and craftable at Skill
level 50.  The only other difference would be that the Composite Raft be able to carry 50%
more Cargo than the Reed Boat and fill the role of a Heavy Merchant.  The Barque, craftable at
Skill level 75 would fill the role of an Armored Merchant/Troop Transport/etc.

Other Ships would also be adjusted in this manner to better reflect their cost and intended role.
  • Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:27:59 am by Ktorr

Reply #9
To start this discussion, I would suggest the following.

Skill Level 1
Pinnace - 10 MODs
Sloop - 15 MODs

Skill Level 25
Brigantine - 20 MODs
Schooner - 25 MODs
Reed Boat - 20 MODs

Skill Level 50
Junk - 30 MODs
Composite Raft - 30 MODs
Large Raft - 30 MODs

Skill Level 75
Barque - 60 MODs
SOTL - 200 MODs

Skill Level 100
Frigate - 250 MODs
Man-O-War - 600 MODs

Other factors like Speed, Hit Points, Agility, etc can be adjusted to reflect their intended role.

Reply #10

Nice

Reply #11

Recommend:  scaling sea tower loot with the number of ships in the area.

Bonus Dev Points:  tie the scaled  loot to both quantity and quality of ships present.

Reply #12

Recommend:  scaling sea tower loot with the number of ships in the area.

Bonus Dev Points:  tie the scaled  loot to both quantity and quality of ships present.

The loot needs to be a token with 60 min timer that needs to be turned in for rewards from any NPC merchant. Remember we are pro at logging off at sea towers for risk avoidance.

Reply #13

oh good then all the altfallers with 100 billion of non-pve resources can get ships too

Reply #14
I would reduce the amount of resources on the ship by a minimum of three to five times, maybe even more. So that they are more often used and to reduce the amount of grind. Ships if fun, why you block that fun content by so much grinding? Ships can be losted in seconds and requires a lot of harvesting. There should not be a big problem for 5-10 players to lose brig/schooner.
Dolly Monk