Skip to main content

Topic: Server Farm Event - This Wednesday 23/11 (Read 5238 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fuh Q
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Server Farm Event - This Wednesday 23/11
Reply #30
I agree maejohl. I think more events PvP or pve are a great idea.PvP events could be held outside of a chaos city. That way alignment and wardec costs are not concerns.
As far as maxing skills, if you enjoy the slow grind I think this event is not for you. In the long run I feel events like this will keep people from being bored and that's why the game would die. 
  • Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:23:00 pm by Fuh Q
Ub3r Is fine and know what they are doing, its best they leave it unsubbed for the rest of indev because this lets people know they arent trying to milk us and keeps a flame under them to get the work done as reasonably fast as possible.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
But I'll just repeat my gentle words of warning: don't start going all out to max out. RoA shows that that's a bad approach at the moment.

You are a bit naive, this in a competitive game, people tend to do everything necessary to gain the best advantage over others and so they will max as much fast as possible. You already forget the bloodwalls? The human pyramids? The acid pool and guard tower exploits we had in the old game?
There were people who just raised skills normally (few and after a while they leaved when they get rolled by super skilled characters), and there were people who grind and macro 24/7 that gain a huge advantage over everyone else.

What keep people playing isn't character progression, because for lots of people is just timesink and a waste of time, but content, fun and reward, these events are fun and rewarding so peple log-in and do it.
  • Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:31:34 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Dagbu
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #32
People slagging off Giants for organising this event are either jealous of their ability to do so. Or haters (hi  Pat :) ).

Giants - and any other clans who organise server events - are helping the game by doing this. Especially for those clans who don't have the numbers or leadership to do this.

But I'll just repeat my gentle words of warning: don't start going all out to max out. RoA shows that that's a bad approach at the moment.

I can smell your breath on the other side of the Northsea. Can you brush your teeth after sticking your tongue so deep down Rawr's ass?
Dark Zlog

Reply #33
@Dagbu feel free to check my posting history. I'm no mindless Rawrgasm fan boy.

But I'm no mindless hater either.

@Fnights anyone who thinks that maxing out your character in the game's current state is the way to go are welcome to do it. But you're naive if you think they'll keep logging in once that's been achieved.

Reply #34
People need to stop overthinking this. Its a simple group pve sesh to get a bit of theyril / magic gains.

People clearly overestimate us, most of us are giant carebears, i personally love farming/grinding.  Not everyones dick gets hard by killing someone with a day 1 character.

The salt continues

Reply #35
There is something fundamentally un-darkfally about this whole "event".
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #36
Jesus fucking Christ this turned into a shit show, did you guys even read the first post?

-I will be streaming all the looting / skinning, it doesn't get fairer than that I also said if you have a suggestion to speak up? Nobody did.

-Everyone is welcome, all my fan boys like Pat and KingWae the like are welcome to come grind up their new characters, obviously they don't lack the mental capacity to control themselves for so long, so they will probably just be there to provide PvP.

@Maejohl Its InDev bro, if we was going to burn out we would of already. After the magic grind there is the Wonder grind.

To all the forum trolls and fan boys who comment on every single thing Giants related and instantly go into cry mode, man the fuck up and play the game and do something about it, stop crying on the forums like you have done for last 4 months.

Pathetic.

Reply #37
doubt this kid has ever even seen Ousmane Dembele play

Reply #38
Wtf? Everyone is welcome and the loot will be split fairly and on stream.

Say what you want about us but we're fair and honest. Don't come if it's not for you.

What he says is fair is fair DUDE!
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

Reply #39
There is something fundamentally un-darkfally about this whole "event".

this

Reply #40
It seems very Darkfally to me...sandbox player created content.
Like NEW clan, neutral trading holdings, dueling tournaments, and various player created events I remember from DF1...it's in the same spirit imo.

Reply #41
This community will never grow up.If u want join to pve event,if not come and try kill us!We will be there...

Arianara Mou ->EX-Giants<-

Reply #42
pat you can keep your hard on for rawr if you like but get the fuck off the giants bandwagon?

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
-I will be streaming all the looting / skinning, it doesn't get fairer than that I also said if you have a suggestion to speak up? Nobody did.

Is a good solution.

It seems very Darkfally to me...sandbox player created content.
Like NEW clan, neutral trading holdings, dueling tournaments, and various player created events I remember from DF1...it's in the same spirit imo.

^
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #44
When we come together as a community like this I can't help but feel hopeful of humanity.

EDIT: just read the thread, nevermind.
  • Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:39:29 pm by GrimmyB
Asgrim Blackforge
Epoch