Skip to main content

Topic: Quality of Life List (Read 7958 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Quality of Life List
Reply #15
Another sheathe/unsheathe thing that would be great: When you have a staff equipped but sheathed and you select a spell then unsheathe the staff and select that spell.

I think that's already how it works, if not, then i don't understand what you mean.
pew pew

Reply #16
Another sheathe/unsheathe thing that would be great: When you have a staff equipped but sheathed and you select a spell then unsheathe the staff and select that spell.

I think that's already how it works, if not, then i don't understand what you mean.

It doesn't, he means if you choose a spell through hotkey but staff is sheathed it'll unsheathe then start casting spell on one press.

Reply #17
I don't want it to start casting, just unsheathe and select the spell. Right now if your staff is sheathed and you press a key that selects a spell nothing happens, the spell isn't selected.

Reply #18
I don't want it to start casting, just unsheathe and select the spell. Right now if your staff is sheathed and you press a key that selects a spell nothing happens, the spell isn't selected.

So what you want is for the spell to be selected when you unsheath so when you click to clast that will be the spell you cast, OK, i think i get it xD
pew pew

• asterix
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Can we have a "Cancel Cast" when we press R on the QoL list please ?

Reply #20
I think cancel cast is a good idea, DF UW had it if I remember correctly (one of the few cool features about the game). There should be a food/pot cooldown. It's annoying to keep spamming something and not knowing when you can actually use it.

Reply #21
Can we have a "Cancel Cast" when we press R on the QoL list please ?

Yes! Yes! Yes! I don't know why i haven't added this myself, it's so annoying when you kill the mob and have to waste that spell, really adds up ^_^

I think cancel cast is a good idea, DF UW had it if I remember correctly (one of the few cool features about the game). There should be a food/pot cooldown. It's annoying to keep spamming something and not knowing when you can actually use it.

Agreed on both points, both are on the list :)
pew pew

• Ivinedra
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #22

So what you want is for the spell to be selected when you unsheath so when you click to clast that will be the spell you cast, OK, i think i get it xD

Or rather, when your staff is sheathed and you push a hotkey for a spell - the staff automatically becomes unsheathed and casts the spell.

Reply #23
Box with dot which indicates player location on main map should also have a directional arrow like the minimap does to quickly see what direction you are facing. 

Reply #24
Some things that came to my mind during the first hours of gameplay.

• Change default attack for a weapon by dragging a spell from your skillbar (atm it only works from spellbook)
  • Ergonomic option for us older gamers: automatically knock in an arrow, or preload the spell and hold it, then release on click.
  • Loot window appearing in the same place.
  • Indicator for weapon durability in weapons bar. Warning for low dura equipment.
  • Remember opened bags in bank.
  • Mount facing always in the direction the player looked when spawned

Reply #25
Box with dot which indicates player location on main map should also have a directional arrow like the minimap does to quickly see what direction you are facing. 
Some things that came to my mind during the first hours of gameplay.

• Change default attack for a weapon by dragging a spell from your skillbar (atm it only works from spellbook)
  • Ergonomic option for us older gamers: automatically knock in an arrow, or preload the spell and hold it, then release on click.
  • Loot window appearing in the same place.
  • Indicator for weapon durability in weapons bar. Warning for low dura equipment.
  • Remember opened bags in bank.
  • Mount facing always in the direction the player looked when spawned

All fantastic suggestions, added to the list.
pew pew

Reply #26
Regarding cancel cast it's not simply a QoL suggestion since it's indirectly a nerf to Destroyers who in part rely on the long cast times of spells like Heal Self and Wall of Force to take advantage of their specialization.  I would say it's debatable at the least.  On the other hand being able to cancel spells might be a cool Title.

Reply #27
Destroyer, Magic upgrades, etc to be added to the chaos cities trainers
A way to gain alignment that isn't the sodding chaos church (it'll take me 60 days to fix my alignment, woo)
Chaos city NPC's to offer quests
New player tutorial should explain the alignment system better, was talking to a newbro who had misunderstandingly killed my alt and fucked up his new player experience by going red. (In his situation my best advice to him was to legitimately just reroll which is a shitty scenario)

Edit -
Adding to this as well, we know the meditation system is meant to be a "catch up mechanic".

The issue I see with this, is outside of starter cities, dungeons are the only way to get points, and as @Ub3rgames has said, they want these dungeons to be PvP hotspots.

It seems ENTIRELY counter productive to lock the "catch up" system, behind PvP hotspots that will be locked down by the exact people you're trying to catch up to.
  • Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:05:32 pm by Taylor Swift
Well, damn. If it isn't Taylor Swift

Reply #28
Destroyer, Magic upgrades, etc to be added to the chaos cities trainers
A way to gain alignment that isn't the sodding chaos church (it'll take me 60 days to fix my alignment, woo)
Chaos city NPC's to offer quests
New player tutorial should explain the alignment system better, was talking to a newbro who had misunderstandingly killed my alt and fucked up his new player experience by going red. (In his situation my best advice to him was to legitimately just reroll which is a shitty scenario)

Edit -
Adding to this as well, we know the meditation system is meant to be a "catch up mechanic".

The issue I see with this, is outside of starter cities, dungeons are the only way to get points, and as

@Ub3rgames has said, they want these dungeons to be PvP hotspots.

It seems ENTIRELY counter productive to lock the "catch up" system, behind PvP hotspots that will be locked down by the exact people you're trying to catch up to.

High level trainers at chaos cities added to the list
There will will be an alignment overhaul coming out Soon™ so any QoL changes to that would just be extra workload for nothing.
Quests in the chaos cities added to the list.
Alignment system tutorial added to the list

From my understanding the starter dungeons are not meant to be be pvp-hotspots, I could be wrong about this but I've never read anything about Ub3r making the starter dungeons into pvp areas. Just plans to make dungeons out in the world that are pvp-hotspots.
   If I am wrong about it and the starter dungeons are turned into starter dungeons are turned into pvp areas then I am totally on-board with you on it being a really really bad idea.

• Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:29:17 am by moerta
pew pew

Reply #29
Rejected suggestions
  • Regional banking
    (Does not adhere to the Ub3rs vision of what DnD should be.)
  • Making selling of multiple items of the same kind easier(Ninogan)
  • The ability to drop items onto bags to add it to the bag. (lotuslocti)
These are 3 typical suggestions on why Darkfall: New Dawn goes at a very niche target group.
I will always write it on these forums till I'm dead.
It's called GRINDING and it kills everyone's patience even if he's excited to play a real-time PvP MMORPG!
You want understand it. AV developers didn't understand it while I personally knew all of them and have addressed the issue.
You will only understand it after launch. If you want your game to be viable, you should never think of how much "realism" a Hardcore player wants. You should always think of what most people want.
And what they want is not wasting their time in daily grinding activities, rather than enjoying the game for the most time they are logged in.
Nathan Drake, Supreme General of Argonauts
Ex-Supreme General of Clan Greece.