Skip to main content

Topic: easy champions and selentine keys (Read 217 times) previous topic - next topic

easy champions and selentine keys
newbies need ways to make gold just so they can buy armor and weapons. please increase med points and gold for selentine keys or reduce chest cooldown to 5 min, it doesnt make sense to turn in keys when troll quest gives you 4500 med points, 1200 gold, and they drop skill books. selentine chests are guarded by hard to kill mobs. killing these mobs spawn really hard to kill champions which then guard the chest. i suggest bringing the hp of these champions down by at least half. i cannot solo a goblin warlord champion and they guard the chest every time.

increase rewards for scrumling guard and scrumling queen champions. i farmed these for about 2 hours and got 7 selentine keys and 6 combat titles books. i almost got killed 3 times and I've been leveling for 10 days and have armor and r40 wep, these mobs could be easier or drop better loot. it doesn't make sense to farm these vs trolls or skeleton warriors as the drops are not as good.

combat title books will soon be worthless they drop so often. please lower drop rate (i've gotten 15 so far) and please increase the max level to 100 so they are more useful / sought after.

in my opinion beginning game pve is only worth playing because of the champion system. i would like to see champions every 7-10 minutes instead of every 15. it feels like a grind! waiting 15 minutes then getting no skill books or a combat title book does not feel worth it.

thanks for reading, please read my other posts if you have not. kinda sad i got no dev response on any of them.

Re: easy champions and selentine keys
Reply #1
you dont have to kill mobs to open a sele chest lol
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #2

thanks for your not constructive input. the chests are pretty well guarded in my opinion, what do you suggest? running in and out every 15 minutes and hiding the rest of the time? they still aren't worth opening.

someone said to me you shouldn't farm champions. and i would say why are you playing this game if it isn't for gold and rare loot?
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:57:39 pm by thebetrayer

Reply #3

thanks for your not constructive input. the chests are pretty well guarded in my opinion, what do you suggest? running in and out every 15 minutes and hiding the rest of the time? they still aren't worth opening.

someone said to me you shouldn't farm champions. and i would say why are you playing this game if it isn't for gold and rare loot?

Best way to do sel keys is just carry one on you and when passing a chest turn it in and move on unless you want to farm the local mobs.

Reply #4
Best way to do sel keys is just carry one on you and when passing a chest turn it in and move on unless you want to farm the local mobs.

Thanks for your suggestion Mycke. I don't get around much though and I don't think other new players would either. I try to stay safe in human lands and the only selentine chests i know of are near Lainstone and north of Copperdale. New players acquire a lot of selentine keys I think, they should be able to turn them in a bit easier. Your suggestion makes sense because like I said turning them in doesn't really feel worth the time vs reward. Considering the way I play (solo so far) I don't think I'd ever 'pass' a chest. What do you think about nerfing the warlord champion as a solution?

Reply #5

Thanks for your suggestion Mycke. I don't get around much though and I don't think other new players would either. I try to stay safe in human lands and the only selentine chests i know of are near Lainstone and north of Copperdale. New players acquire a lot of selentine keys I think, they should be able to turn them in a bit easier. Your suggestion makes sense because like I said turning them in doesn't really feel worth the time vs reward. Considering the way I play (solo so far) I don't think I'd ever 'pass' a chest. What do you think about nerfing the warlord champion as a solution?

I dont understand what nerfing the warlord champion has to do with turning in sel keys, is your issue one particular chest or something more systematic?

Reply #6
It's a particular chest, near lainstone in human lands. Clearing the mobs near the chest spawns champions. This champion warlord is an 'easy mob' but after 10 days of grinding and leveling I still cant solo him. Thus preventing me from turning in more than 1 key at a time. I think this game has a lot of work to be done to become more new player friendly and solo play viable.

Reply #7
You need to explore more. There are selentine chests that are not guarded at all.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
There are chests that are unguarded. Just load all your keys and leave your char overnight for a macro to hand them all in.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #9
Thanks Alberton, thanks mrW.

Shouldn't have to macro over night to make keys worth turning in.

1000g + 1000 med isn't worth the 15 minute timer.

Just trying to make the game more newb friendly with my suggestions.

Reply #10
Well, man up and level your skills, try again in a week or two. You are only 10 days into the game, goblin warlord, not to mention his stronger chieftain version isnt supposed to be easy. Do something else, get stats up with mining or something, bank your valuables and go chaos chest hunting, meditate, powerhour. And all will come in due time.

Week later youll probably find it all easy, sele keys are very common and easy to turn in, dirt common not supposed to be anything huge. Med points sources are already pretty damn abudant, quests, chests. small treasure maps give like 9k med points plus other stuff and can drop form any champion afaik.

Reply #11
Ah, a true new darkfaller!  That chest you speak of at lainstone can be challenging.  I suggest using the structures to avoid mob confrontation.  Ie: bait them out of the area, then go around and hop the wall, turn in, and escape.. or.. get back on the roofs/over wall.  Easy.