Skip to main content

Topic: Make meditation free (Read 278 times) previous topic - next topic

Make meditation free
So people with not much time to play can spend the game time on things they actually want to do instead of being forced to grind medpoints

Re: Make meditation free
Reply #1
Should gold also be free?   Discuss.
BOS7

Reply #2
I agree, though I think tweaks across the board would be needed, such as lowering the rate of gain through meditation (I'd even go so far as removing skill gain from active use altogether, similar to EVE Online).

But good luck getting this through! Lots are tied to the concept of skill progression trhough actual play and think this suggestion rewards people for not playing.  But I agree with you - the way it currently stands means people aren't actually playing, but working to grind both meditation and skill, rather than just playing the game.

Darkfall has FPS mechanics and what people seem to forget is that, like EVE, anyone who levels without actually playing is going to be a mug and easily beat by even lower level characters played by people who actively play.
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:27:05 pm by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Not a bad idea in general, however just removing the cost would cause a lot of other problems as a lot of the underlying features depend on it (from UpKeep to planned negative-sum PvP in the future). Changing direction regarding this would probably cost too much resources for Ub3rgames without much actual gain.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #4
Should gold also be free?   Discuss.
Yup I want to be offline and have free gold pour into my bank. But why stop there, we should have peons that go out and gather resources for us while offline as well.. oh and hunters that go gather enchanting mats. Now that I think about it I don't want the hassle of having to be in game to buy stuff or find a crafter, so lets have that stuff done offline as well. Basically I just log on and find my character is all maxed out loaded with all the gear he needs without any effort on my part.

On a serious note, gaining meditation is so easy now, if you're struggling with it odds are you haven't left the newbie areas or you don't play at all.

Reply #5
Don't be fucking stupid.

/thread
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhrKNbG0TMY

Reply #6
Good suggestion to help casual or returning players, probably that's why most people here don't understand it.

Instead of making it totally free, do it like power hour or the have a balance curve around it, where few hours per day is represented as being most efficient in farming meditation.

Something like if someone is offline for a day or two and has no meditation points, give them a bonus when they receive it. Give malus for those people who hoard it. It will even out character progeression between the extremes.

No bonus for reds ofc. (Idc, but I know devs like this sentence)

Log in, get a few chaos chests, be set for a few days. Do whatever you want, instead of what you need.

Reply #7
Even if u give them free maxed chars,they will not stay in df.
So,its better to be grindy,result for online is same,but no free things for faggots who even is not going to play.

Reply #8
Remove offline meditation,morons.

Reply #9
So people with not much time to play can spend the game time on things they actually want to do instead of being forced to grind medpoints

I played maybe one to two hours a week the last few weeks- have been extremely busy and I have 90,000 meditation points. And with that amount of time my meditation has always gone up , And I've been meditating the entire time.

You need to get up to speed on the new meditation point numbers, and was is giving them.

Reply #10
Not a bad idea in general, however just removing the cost would cause a lot of other problems as a lot of the underlying features depend on it (from UpKeep to planned negative-sum PvP in the future). Changing direction regarding this would probably cost too much resources for Ub3rgames without much actual gain.

keep upkeep system as it is now, make character meditation cost nothing and rename it, ez

Reply #11
I used to bump along the bottom with med points, now like Ivar when I log off I cant believe how many I have.

Do something other than bank staring and you will be swamped with them. Uber would be well aware that its fine as it is.

If you are a new player, do the starting city quests (all 3 starter towns for your race), you will have plenty.
If you are just coming back, just do stuff ffs.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhrKNbG0TMY

Reply #12
I used to bump along the bottom with med points, now like Ivar when I log off I cant believe how many I have.

Do something other than bank staring and you will be swamped with them. Uber would be well aware that its fine as it is.

If you are a new player, do the starting city quests (all 3 starter towns for your race), you will have plenty.
If you are just coming back, just do stuff ffs.

"just do stuff" doesn't work when your play time is limited and whatever time you have goes into grinding meditation points, you never actually have time to do stuff you actually want to do

Reply #13
How much you playing? I play two weeks, do very small amount quests and have 60k medit points. I cant even spend it :). A lot game mechanics give you medit points, actualy.
Dolly Monk

Reply #14
its summer, who the fuck has time grind med points?

great suggestion op.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.